Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PS1 Emulator Cracked on PSP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default PS1 Emulator Cracked on PSP

I think Sony has pretty much given up on trying to keep homebrew out of the PSP. Just the other day, a way was discovered how to play copied PS1 games downloaded from the PS3 Store with a custom version of the 3.02 firmware. Now, the emulator has been fully cracked and you can now PLAY ANY PS1 GAME YOU WANT WITHOUT WAITING FOR SONY TO RELEASE THEM AT THE PS3 STORE:

http://pspupdates.qj.net/Dark-AleX-s...g/49/aid/77278

I've always been a DevHook man since day one, but I think I'll have to flash my PSP with the custom firmware after reading this. I've been waiting for something like this to come out ever since I got my PSP at launch and it sounds way too cool not to try.

EDIT: Posted the wrong link earlier (that was the 3.02 OE-B pre-release info). Here's the correct one with the link to the OE-B release thread with the file for download.
    Last edited by norkusa; 12-25-2006 at 01:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been waiting for this day. I knew it was only a matter of time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

That's really cool to hear, there has been some really nice progress with the PSP and it looks like I'll find a use for mine again. I think I'll wait a little bit before I just into this head first tho.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by exit View Post
    That's really cool to hear, there has been some really nice progress with the PSP and it looks like I'll find a use for mine again. I think I'll wait a little bit before I just into this head first tho.
    Yeah, I think I'm going to wait a bit too. I haven't installed a custom firmware on my PSP yet, so I'm paranoid about bricking it. There will probably be an EZ installer released soon anyway, so I'll just wait for that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

Very cool there is a bunch of games I want to play. I got one of the releases from Sony, Crash, and it plays and looks very good on the PSP.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can't believe it, I actually got this working. I found an EZ installer program to get the 3.02 OE-B firmware on my PSP. Was real easy to do and when that is done, all you gotta do is place the PS1 game folder in your PSP/GAME folder on your memory stick and it's all set.

Downloaded Hot Shots Golf 2 and emulation seems to be perfect. Didn't notice any slow down and the sound is perfect. I haven't tried ripping any of my own games yet but I'm going to try that next. I hear that's a bit more complicated since you have to convert them to and add a couple files to them but I think there are a few apps that help you do that, so it shouldn't be too hard.

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wait a minute...do you ACTUALLY MEAN I could be playing Symphony of the Night on my PSP? I never thought this day would come...the day I play my PSP again. I may finally have to update from 1.50.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -hellvin- View Post
    Wait a minute...do you ACTUALLY MEAN I could be playing Symphony of the Night on my PSP? I never thought this day would come...the day I play my PSP again. I may finally have to update from 1.50.
    Yeah, I've heard several people say SOTN works 100%. I think that's the next game I'm going to try out.

And don't be worried about upgrading your PSP to the OE-B firmware. Mine has been at 1.5 since launch and the whole process was soooooo easy to do. Plus, you can always go back to 1.5 easily if you want. You can actually do a lot more with 3.02 OE-B anyway, like make your PSP region free for UMD movies, skip the PSP splash screens, change dashboard fonts, and a bunch of other stuff.

Here's the install package/instructions I used: http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=58272
    Last edited by norkusa; 12-25-2006 at 10:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by norkusa View Post
    Yeah, I've heard several people say SOTN works 100%. I think that's the next game I'm going to try out.
    Any chance you can play around and see if G-Darius, R Type Delta and Einhander work well?

VVV edit VVV

Ohhh, I kiss you. If you didn't have 'em, I would have gladly ripped them for you
    Last edited by roushimsx; 12-25-2006 at 11:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roushimsx View Post
    Any chance you can play around and see if G-Darius, R Type Delta and Einhander work well?
    Sure. I've got the original PS1 discs to all 3, so I'll use at least one of them as my first rip tomorrow.

Ooooh....RE: Directors Cut plays great too

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

I can now play Devil Dice on the go.

HOLY SHIT.

I'm in the same boat as you nork, having been a devhook man since I got into the scene. Now all I need is a bigger memory card.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

Sorry if this is kinda OT, but can someone hold my hand and point me to a PSP Emulators for Dummies kinda site. I'm not entirely unfamiliar with hacking (big fan of the PS2 memory card exploits) but I want to see what all this is going to involve before I buy a PSP and get to work.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

im a big fan of the nes, snes and genesis emulators... those emulators run off 1.5. i use devhook for other games. my question is can i have this new firmware adn still be able to run 1.5 apps like my emulators?

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And don't be worried about upgrading your PSP to the OE-B firmware. Mine has been at 1.5 since launch and the whole process was soooooo easy to do. Plus, you can always go back to 1.5 easily if you want. You can actually do a lot more with 3.02 OE-B anyway, like make your PSP region free for UMD movies, skip the PSP splash screens, change dashboard fonts, and a bunch of other stuff.

Here's the install package/instructions I used: http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=58272

Quite excellent. I liked emulation for classic systems in 1.5 firmware and I don't know much about what you can do in the newest, but I think I'm gonna go ahead and upgrade, because PS1 emulation perks my interest much more. Gotta check out the site and figure out how to rip my games. Thanks for the post!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poofta! View Post
    im a big fan of the nes, snes and genesis emulators... those emulators run off 1.5. i use devhook for other games. my question is can i have this new firmware adn still be able to run 1.5 apps like my emulators?
    Yes, you can still run 1.5 firmware with 3.02 OE-B. I'm a big fan of those emulators too and there was no way I would have upgraded if I couldn't play 1.5 homebrew any longer. All you have to do is place your homebrew in the PSP/GAME folder and it's all ready to play in 3.02. You don't have to keep toggling between 1.5 & 3.0x firmware to play emulators and iso's like in DevHook, which is another thing I love about this new custom firmware.

@Captain:
    Use that link to PSP-Hacks that I posted earlier to get the EZ installer + instructions for 3.02 OE-b. The whole process only took me 5 minutes while using that. If you don't have 1.5 on your PSP though, you'll need to downgrade to 1.5 before you can install it. For that, check out the tutorials here:

http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=17935

And here's a link for tutorials and guides at PSPupdates.com. Their guides are pretty detailed but they don't always included all the files you need. That's because the PSP firmware eboots are copyrighted material and they don't want to host it on their site. PSP-Hacks.com doesn't care about that kind of stuff, so I just get everything I need thru them:

http://forums.qj.net/f-guides-hacks-...ators-43.html/

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    pony0ne

Yes, you can still run 1.5 firmware with 3.02 OE-B. I'm a big fan of those emulators too and there was no way I would have upgraded if I couldn't play 1.5 homebrew any longer. All you have to do is place your homebrew in the PSP/GAME folder and it's all ready to play in 3.02. You don't have to keep toggling between 1.5 & 3.0x firmware to play emulators and iso's like in DevHook, which is another thing I love about this new custom firmware.

So you're saying the new 3.02 can play the 1.5 emus by itself? No need to switch to 1.5? Is this what you're trying to tell me fine sir?

Or do you still need to go to 1.5?

One more question, seeing as how you need to have 1.5 firmware to install the new firmware.... my psp is 2.71 but my devhook has 1.5. Can I just devhook to 1.5 and install the new 3.02 or do I need to have the actual 1.5 on my psp to do this?
    gamertag: pony0ne
    Wii friend: 6437 2281 7665 7241
    http://youtube.com/patrolskies - Patrol The Skies

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyone View Post
    One more question, seeing as how you need to have 1.5 firmware to install the new firmware.... my psp is 2.71 but my devhook has 1.5. Can I just devhook to 1.5 and install the new 3.02 or do I need to have the actual 1.5 on my psp to do this?
    this will brick your psp.

you need to do it from a native firmware. either one of his custom ones, 1.5 or whatever else is supported.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poofta! View Post
    this will brick your psp.

you need to do it from a native firmware. either one of his custom ones, 1.5 or whatever else is supported.

Yeah, you can do it from 2.71-C (custom), but I don't know anything about installing from that. I just did it from 1.5 and that's what worked from me. If you have 2.71, you'll need to downgrade to 1.5 first. You can do that with an EZ downgrader though. You can find that in the link I posted to Captains response up above.

And yes, the new 3.02 OE-b firmware can run homebrew by itself. No need to switch back and forth between 1.5 and 3.02. Everything is done in 3.02 with this custom firmware now (homebrew, iso's, umd's, etc.).
    Last edited by norkusa; 12-26-2006 at 01:43 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    pony0ne

nevermind

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    pony0ne

Okay I just succesfully downgraded to 1.5

before I install this new firmware, should I delete any of these downgrader folders on my card so I don't risk accidentally hitting the photo viewer and doing something odd or did the installation take care of deleting necessary files?

and should I restore my psp to it's default settings? (a guide said you may want to do this after downgrading)

what about reformatting my mem card?
    Last edited by Ponyone; 12-26-2006 at 02:02 PM.