Forza 2
    DIRT
    Tiger Woods 07
    Project Gotham 3
    Crackdown
    NCAA Football 08

Not a bad start to the summer
    Currently Playing:
    X-Box 360: Rock Band, Dark Sector, Orange Box, Mass Effect, Scene IT DVD (360) Bully (360 Version)

Can't wait for Bioshock 2 !!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

#29 - Akumajou Densetsu (Famicom)

Decided to finally try out the Japanese version, doubly so because of Kitsune Sniper's translation patch. I hadn't really sat down to play the game with the intention of beating it in over 15 years, so it was a fun ol' time of relearning stage layouts and enemy patterns. Wound up using Trevor for pretty much the whole game once I realized that I didn't much care for using any of the other characters

For the most part it wasn't too hard, though that last stage was fairly tricky and Death can just go fuck himself. Thank god for double shot boomerang/cross action; triple shot by the time I got to Drac.

Insert Coin (Level 0) KeyserSoze61's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Off the top of my head:

Castlevania: Bloodlines (Genesis) - An absolute blast to play. I've only recently gotten into the Genesis library after getting a Nomad/Genesis lot off of ebay earlier this year. It has fantastic graphics and sound for a Genesis game, and I like the little gameplay twists for the two playable characters. Short, somewhat difficult game. The level design is generally solid, although the Versailles level had me swearing more than usual. I preferred this game over Super Castlevania.

Donkey Kong Country 3 (SNES) - Solid platforming bliss. Getting 100% on the game is a bit much, and sadly I required GameFAQS for a few of the DK Coins. Other than that, I loved the game.

Bonk 1,2, and 3 (TG-16) & Super Bonk (SNES) - So I really got into this series via emulation a few months ago. Bonk 2 is easily the best of the series, IMO. Bonk 3 adds in the twist of changing sizes, and I found it to be more of a detractor to the overall solid gameplay. I got Super Bonk in an SNES bundle last month, and I guess my expectations were high from the previous games. It's just ridiculously easy; I only died on the second to last boss, but I had amassed around 30 lives by that point, so it really didn't matter. Takes most of its elements from the third Bonk.

Ninja Spirit (TG-16) - Amazing game. Beat this on an emulator, and it pretty much secured the thought that I will buy a Turbografx when I save up a bit of money. The different weapons add a great strategic element to the game, while the powerups are perfectly balanced. With that said, the game plays more like a shmup, so expect to die. A lot.

Voodoo Vince (Xbox) - I continue my platformer kick with Voodoo Vince. I highly recommend this game. Although it's not as solid, it feels somewhat similar to Rayman 2. There is a lot of variety in gameplay, and the Voodoo doll element adds a unique element. It is a blast to play (took me around 8-9 hours); it's a bit on the easy side, but the difficulty does ramp up towards the end (at the carnival). Easily worth the $6 I spent on it at EB.

Syberia I & II (PC) - Graphically beautiful adventure games. Although technically two games, the second is simply (an inferior) continuation of the first game. I found the puzzles to be logical, to the point where I was able to complete the first game without help. The second game is a bit more frustrating, and the previously strong plot really starts to crumble. Overall, I did enjoy the game(s) as a whole, but I found the first entry to be a better experience.

Blade Runner (PC) - I had never watched the movie, but I picked the game up from a thrift for $2. Wow, for a game made in 1997, it's easily one of the most immersive I have played to this day. It is a fantastic adventure game with multiple endings and superb voice acting. It's unique in the sense that you really don't collect inventory; instead, you advance the story via uncovering clues through examining photos, etc. There is even some rudimentary gunplay thrown in for good measure. Highly recommended. It also ran off of Win XP without a hitch for me.

Others:
    Sonic 1 (Genesis) - 1st time on original hardware. Stupid water level sucked, but otherwise fun.
    Tony Hawk Underground 2 (Xbox) - Bought for $2. Not sure it was even worth that. I still think the series peaked with TH2 (on the DC for me).

I'm sure there are others, just tired of writing at this point. I'm close to finishing Metal Arms: Glitch in the System, and I love it. Buy it if you see it.
    Last edited by KeyserSoze61; 08-05-2007 at 10:37 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got off work at 7:00 am this morning and didn't feel like going to bed, so I busted out the Gameboy Color. I ended up playing TMNT: Fall of the Foot Clan since it was laying on top of all the other carts. Took me roughly 30 minutes to play through it and I only lost one turtle (Don right at the final boss, and only because I entered the battle with a little under half life). A very easy game. The first level is about 1/3 of the entire game, and the levels continually get shorter leading up to the Technodrome. I had a laugh at the end when the credits roll the epilogue and the game (referring to the disappearance of Shredder) say, "Vaporized to milk shake?" I have no idea what it refers to. The credits also show that only a handful of people designed the game, so you shouldn't expect to much if you play it.

Also beat Gold and Glory: Road to El Dorado (GBC) since I recieved it in the lot with the GBC. Not a bad platformer, but a lot of repetition, and also on the easy side. I managed to beat this one during a few sessions while the Minnesota Twins were getting their asses handed to them.

Insert Coin (Level 0) KeyserSoze61's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skylark View Post
    6. Psychonauts. Thought it was great. Didn't enjoy the Meat Circus very much because I forgot about the glide control that's necessary to beat it. I kept missing this one jump and almost reverted back to my childhood "This game cheats!" mode. I think I liked the Paranoid Milkman level best. I liked how the action wasn't rushed, but there was never any lull. Definitely one of the best games of the past generation, and the visuals hold up very well.
    Man, I love that game. I beat it on a rental when it came out, and I've been wanting to buy it since then. I love the Milkman level, as well as the Matador one. The game is so well designed, and it has that unmistakable Tim Shaeffer humor in it.

Apple (Level 5) Barbarianoutkast85's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ms. Pac-man (SNES)
    Donkey Kong Country 3 (SNES)
    Boogerman (GEN)
    Ghoul Partol (SNES)

Now DKC3, and Boogerman I have beaten in the past. I put them in this forum just because its the first time I've beaten them this year. Ghoul Patrol I beat for the first time. I also guess I beat Ms. Pac-man I was playing then I get a screen of Mr and Ms Pacman sitting next to each other looking at the sun-set, Hell I didnt know there was an end to Ms. Pac-man.

Pac-Man (Level 10) djbeatmongrel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    djbeatmongrel

Game #24 - Ribbit King (gc)
    4 Wonderswan Consoles, 98 CIB Wonderswan/Color Games
    6 Wonderswan Accessories,1 Wonderswan Prototype

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Shining Force (Virtual Console)

Man I love that game. Bit easier than I remembered tho, but that might have been because I wasn't trying to be all clever and swapping out for the "best" characters for each map (like getting a bunch of flyers and foresty-types to overcome the movement penalties on the outdoor maps) so everyone got more exp. I also stuck with almost all the original people instead of trying to find better ones. The last swap I made was the first archer (Hans) for Domingo... Hans had started lagging behind Dianne and wasn't doing any damage at all after he got promoted.

Forgot how brutally bad your characters first suck after they get promoted, too. Had a problem for a while of having all my characters promote within 2 fights of each other.

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Super Mario Bros. on the NES.

No, this isn't the first time I have ever beat that game. I bet I have beaten it at least 50 times or so, since the 1980's. Maybe more. Why did I list it then?

It is the first time I have beaten Super Mario Bros. (for the NES) in 2007. I don't play it nearly as much as I used to. What I try to do is run through it once every year or two, just to see if I still have the old "skills." Looks like I do.

I like to play straight through from 1-1 to 8-4 without any warps. It is the only way to truly explore this brilliant game. Playing it through again today for the first time in a year or two reminded me once again why this is one of the greatest video games of all time.

Great Puma (Level 12) Chainsaw_Charlie's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

#39 Arc the lad 1

I loved that game and the series is great but not the ps2 games
    Last edited by Chainsaw_Charlie; 08-13-2007 at 06:38 AM.
    My rotating want list http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101550

Your television doesn't care how angry you are with it. Turn it off and find something better to do with your time.-Beserker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

#30 - Shenmue (DC)

Beat the game yesterday after having quit it 5 years ago in disgust. Everything I hated about it then felt worse this time around. Control, writing, pacing, save system, etc were atrocious. Graphics are still fairly impressive despite some of their quirks (magically spawning NPCs and magically disappearing forklifts). Dream Passport disc is completely useless since you're unable to view information about your save data anymore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just played Sonic Adventure for the Dreamcast for the first time! I thought it was an excellent game, I beat it 100% with Sonic, Tails and I'm working on Knuckles right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I played threw Super Mario Brothers 2 last night/dismorning, it wasnt the first time I've beaten it. But alas I did beat for about the 20th time in 2007, so I figured I'd put it here.

Pac-Man (Level 10) djbeatmongrel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    djbeatmongrel

25 - Deus Ex: The Conspiracy (ps2) 8/15/07

the game is fucking hard. i had to play it on easy and it still was stomping my ass.
    4 Wonderswan Consoles, 98 CIB Wonderswan/Color Games
    6 Wonderswan Accessories,1 Wonderswan Prototype

Banana (Level 7) kaedesdisciple's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JOEY BLACKOUTS
    PSN
    JOEY_BLACKOUTS

Since I didn't finish it the first time around, I'm starting all over again with Dragon Warrior 3 on the GBC. I got up to about lvl 43 on my first save, but I have no idea where I was or what I was doing as it was about 5 years ago, so I figured it would be better to start fresh.

NES SP and Gameboy Player FTW

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

7. Beyond Good and Evil (Xbox) Mixed feelings on this one. Jade is a great character, and I wish there were more like her, but the story left me flat. Seemed like it was all build up and didn't deliver many climactic moments. Characters were left undeveloped and most seemed superfluous. I actually got bored with the gameplay, especially in the Slaughterhouse level. Not a bad game by any stretch, but not quite the caliber of other underappreciated greats from last generation.

6. Psychonauts
    5.Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
    4. Scooby Doo Unmasked
    3. The Warriors
    2. Gears of War
    1. Dragonquest Heroes: Rocketslime

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last night I finally beat, Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee for the Xbox. Then this afternoon I was bored and decided to pop in Jungle Book for the Genesis, and I beat that game for the 1,000th time.

So in short:
    Jungle Book (Not for the first time) for the Sega Genesis.
    Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee (for the first time) for the Xbox.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Also I played Metal Slug: Anthology and played threw Metal Slug 2 and 3. But in the opions I have it set to infinite continues so I dont think it really counts. But they were both excellent games none the less.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Blazing Star and Shock Troopers (2nd squad) both excellent games and replay value very high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I just beat Donkey Kong on the 7800