Thread: Selling on ebay: help & tips?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Selling on ebay: help & tips?

I have never sold on ebay, but I want to set up a selling account for a sort of second income/ extra cash thing. I have alot of good things to sell, including retro games. I just need to know the ins and outs and what is the easiest way to sell like where to buy the packaging materials etc. from people here who've made it a business. Any knowledge would be much appreciated! and once it gets going I'll let everyone know what I have on offer here.

One seriously important question is, for selling used/loose carts... What are the best probucts for cleaning/maintaining them for the buyer? as I really care about that sort of thing.

CHEERS!
    Lozza

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I know there are a few threads like yours up, which someone will probably point you towards. Keep in mind I am assuming you are from the U.S.

To start, you might consider asking your postmaster or postal clerk for a pamphlet or guide for shipping. It is called "A Customer's Guide to Mailing." You'd also do well to surf around the U.S. Postal Service site, www.usps.com, a little bit. Unless of course you have previous experience selling online, possibly off of Ebay, and ship packages out of your post office regularly. It is sort of important to know what different shipping methods are available to you, their average cost (relative to what you're mailing) and delivery time before you start listing items.

Something else you might consider doing is reading this very forum you posted in. It'd be worth your while to get an idea of what buyers expect from a seller and some of the things they don't tolerate. Check out the first 4-5 pages of this forum and look for threads that people start up to talk about problems they have with Ebay sellers. Some of these things below will quickly leave you blacklisted:

Sending boxed systems or games without putting them in another box. Trying to get out of selling an item to a buyer because it ended up selling for less than you expected. Being insulting to buyers in an auction description, etc.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the information, I haven't ever sold anything on ebay before, only purchased.

Cheers
    Lozza