View Poll Results: Do you own the Nintendo Gamecube?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 64.29%
  • No

15 35.71%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How popular is the GameCube with members here.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default How popular is the GameCube with members here.

I was talking to a gamer friend of mine today, and he commented that I am the only person he knows who has the Gamecube. That got me thinking, I don't know anyone else either personally. Then I thought about here, seems to me we talk a lot more about the PS2 and XBOX, while not as much about the Gamecube. So heres my question, nice and easy.

I own it.

Key (Level 9) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I do, haven't played it in a couple of months though...

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I also haven't played mine in a couple months. I should have at least rented Eternal Darkness or Wrestlemania X8, and I only played Resident Evil for a couple minutes. I'm really slacking here.

But ya, I'll probably spend a bunch of money on Cube stuff in the next few months. Once Mario, Zelda, and Metroid come out it will start getting a lot more coverage here.

-Hitman-

Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

I've got a 'Cube as well. I really like it, but I'm not seeing too many games I'm interested in for it yet. Mario, I'll get it later...no on Eternal Darkness for me...Zelda, probably not. Metroid doubtful...maybe I should have gotten an XBox??? Actually, the game that is exciting me most is Super Monkey Ball 2, now THAT I can't wait to get.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have one, I think it's got some good games that the other consoles don't have. I already have a DVD player and a DVD-ROM, so paying extra for half-ass DVD players didn't appeal to me. And the design was important to me, space is an issue right now and I like GC's compact size.

There are good games on all the new systems (I was thinking of getting a PS2 just for GTA3, and might still do so for GTA Vice City), but the GC just seemed the best buy to me. Hitman was right I think, once the ball gets rolling on games, the GC will get more attention. PS2 and XBox have more games but a lot of them (especially PS2) are getting average to bad.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have the GC as well. play a lot of monkey ball and ssbm with my girlfriend.

I've played zelda, metroid and starfox adventures during th nintendo press release day here in the Netherlands and can surely tell that good days r coming for the GC owners..:-)
    Always looking for the obscure..www.nespit.com

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The GameCube was my last of the "Big Three" that I bought & I really like it. I've bought all the big exclusives for it (Resident Evil, Smash Brothers, Wrestlemania 8, Eternal Darkness). I still like the Xbox best overall & will buy its game versions for titles that are on all 3 systems, but you gotta get those Cube exclusives.

Mario Sunshine really doesn't excite me at all, it's just not a big leap from Mario 64. That's strictly going on what screens I've seen & previews I've read, so when it comes out it may blow me away, but I doubt it.

I will buy Zelda & Resident Evil Zero on their first days of release, but I'll wait & see the reaction to Mario & Metroid.

If you can afford all three systems, that's really the way to go. But I know very few can afford that. Hell, I can't afford it, but the plastic makes all things possilbe.

Xbox has too much to offer me for the type of gamer I am, but GameCube stacks up pretty well against the PS2.
    In fact, I'm hardly playing my PS2 at all anymore now that I think of it. But I'm sure Contra & the new Grand Theft Auto will get me back in touch with it.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

After seeing that horrible Mario commercial over and over I don't know what to think of Nintendo or the Game Cube.. I'm tired of seeing my favorate console company botch simple things up.
    Fear your thoughts because they become your words
    Fear your words because they become your actions
    Fear your actions because they become your habits
    Fear your habits because they become your character
    Fear your character because it becomes your destiny

Therefore: Thinking and nurturing positive thoughts, at any point in your life, can change your destiny.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have all of the BIG 3, and the Cube was the first of them, I like them all very much. Right now I am looking forward to SuperMonkey Ball 2, StarFox Adventures, Mario, and Wario for the Cube, and of course the day when there will be a Mario Kart. At the moment I am undecided on Zelda, I need to see more, this is the first Zelda I have ever questioned if I would want it, it may be one where I will just wait and get a used copy for a lesser price.

I am glad to see the results as they are for this poll !

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't have it.
    I try hard, but I just can't think of a reason to buy it.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

So far, I haven't seen any games in the store that are GC exclusive that I have really wanted to play bad enough to buy a GC. Most of what I've seen looks to me like graphically enhanced N64 games. Considering I wasn't that blown away with the N64, I'm still waiting to see if the big name games (Mario, Zelda, etc.) that everybody bought their GC for are actually worth it before I buy one.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a gamecube with Star Wars and Batman. There's definitely a few titles I wana pick up but diapers and baby formula gotta come first!! Besides, I'm having too much fun discovering the NES again!
    Keep It Stinky, Baby

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Rogmeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have it...I got it on Launch Day. It's the only one of the current "Big 3" that I own. I doubt I'll get an XBox...PS2? Maybe someday. I like the games I've played though I've not played it that much of late. I need to work on that. But when you have as many consoles as we all do, you often don't play a certain one that much over certain periods of time. I've actually been playing my Playstation more lately than my GC or Dreamcast...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey guys, it's been a while but I just couldn't resist posting a reply to this thread.

I have a Gamecube and I bought it on launch day. I can honestly say that I love it, although it is the only of the "Big 3" that I own, although I do have a DC.

The first I game I got, Super Monkey Ball, has turned out to be my favorite game up to this day, although right now I'm hooked on NCAA Football 2003. I am anxiously awaiting the release of Mario because I, like many, believe that it is not a true Nintendo console until Mario has his own game.

I'm not toally surprised to see that seemingly few people have one of these in their house compared to the mighty PS2 and the XBox. I know many people buy that because it also plays DVD's and they want a DVD player as well as a game system. Understood, no problem. I, fortunately already had a DVD player so that was not an issue with me. you can probably guess it from my name but I most likely would have gotten a GC at one point anyway, but I think the best is still to come. Seeing as it has been out for less than a year I'd guess more people will start getting one in their home. I regret to say it, but a Pokemon game has yet to come out yet and I'm sure once that comes around more kids will want one.

By the way, I only know of 2 people besides me that have a Gamecube, but also only 2 with an XBox, and many more with a PS2.

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

I bought a GameCube the day Nintendo dropped its price tag. I have Spiderman, Sonic Adventure 2, Dave Mirra, Extreme G Racing, Homerun Kings, Soccer Smash, NBA 2K2, All-Star Baseball 2002... I certainly intend to get the big smackeroo of Nintendo games that will be released soon (Mario, Zelda, Star Fox, Metroid). I really love the GCN controller. Granted, the sticks are longer on the PS/PS2 controllers (which is good for games like Tony Hawk), but the overall feel is better on the GameCube controller. You quickly get used to play with the rubber thumb stick instead of the D-pad.

Anyway, I currently have a Playstation One as well, which I will sell to my best friend when I can afford a PS2 (I have enough PS2 games to justify buying the console). As for the Xbox, so far I haven't seen enough games that make me want to buy the console, although I have a soft spot for Jet Set Radio Future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't own any of the big three yet. I've been spending this year playing through my Dreamcast games (and I'm still picking up new ones, got Bomberman online yesterday for example) and my other older-system games.

However, I will soon decide which of the big 3 I want to buy (first). Right now it is between Xbox and GCN. The problem with me is that nothing really is enticing me yet. I'd like to play Spider-Man, I'd have fun with Pac-Man World 2 and I'd definitely get the Star Wars Rogue Squadron game. Super Monkey Ball would probably be one of the fist games I'd buy as well. But I can wait. Even Mario doesn't really draw me yet -- I hope to play it at a store soon.

I think GCN is a nicely designed system with plenty of power & nice visuals. Good job, Nintendo! It needs more games though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Though I like Eternal Darkness and Super Monkey Ball, I have yet to buy a GameCube, and in spite of the promise shown by Super Mario Sunshine and Metroid Prime, I wasn't really planning on getting a system. I expect that I'll reconsider when Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles is formally unveiled.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    o 8BIT 1337 o
    PSN
    jggruetz

I own GC and the PS2 from the current generation (both purchased on their respective launch days), and I'd have to say that the PS2 is still my favourite, which is why I talk about it more.

But I do love my Gamecube. No PS2 game has gotten more play time than Super Monkey Ball (everytime my buddies come over we play a round of golf). I enjoyed Luigi's Mansion even though it was panned. SSBM had me hooked for quite awhile (as did Star Wars), and I just got Eternal Darkness (which I love so far).

Unfortunately saying stuff like the above just doesn't make for a good topic.
    Time will be when the broadest river dries
    And the great cities wane and last descend
    Into the dust, for all things have an end

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I saw something one day...

I saw a Nintendo Gamecube one day in a flea market.
    I think Gamecube lost the home-videogame system market.
    Long time no see. Still playing my coleco games?
    http://newcoleco.dev-fr.org

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

I think it's too early to say that the Gamecube is dead already. Actually, it makes me think a lot of the SNES era: Nintendo got there later than Sega but somewhat caught up as time went by, even though the Genny won the 16-bit gen war. There's no way that the Gamecube will ever surpass the PS2 (one year advance plus backward compatibility with the PSX plus DVD playback are strong reasons why), but I don't think it'll end up dead last, unless there's a shower of strong, popular titles released for the Xbox.

Besides, Nintendo never led the console market (excluding handhelds) ever since the NES days. It came close with the SNES after a slow start, but the N64 was nowhere near the PSX in terms of popularity. Heck, the Dreamcast has a cult following, which is more that can be said about the N64.