2 Posts

Default complete Gizmondo collection

is there one yet?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When prices come down to what I consider reasonable, I plan to snap one up. US games are rather hard to come by, but is doable in short order.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default !

Quote Originally Posted by tom View Post
    is there one yet?
    I've got one. It's a mixture of UK and USA titles. The games are identical aside from the rating on the outside of the box (I've got a couple of both versions.)

It wasn't hard to complete. There weren't that many games for it. The hardest thing to find was the USA version of the nav system software. The thing actually WORKS. I was shocked.

Several of the unreleased games are finished and easy to find on the net... I plan on macking up some mock boxes sometime.
    Thanks for indulging my gaming habit when I was young, Dad. You were the best. I miss you. ~David Barnes 1926-2007~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

how many games?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I don't personally have a full set, but my co-worker does, along with something like six or seven unreleased game demos (with boxes and all). Nothing in there that isn't already on the internet, though.

Actually, he's missing U.S. Nav, I didn't know that existed! Where the heck did you find that, ebay?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedEye View Post
    Actually, he's missing U.S. Nav, I didn't know that existed! Where the heck did you find that, ebay?
    Yeah, it just popped up on Ebay one day. Looks just like the UK version except for the map of the USA on the front cover of the box. Fits right in with the games.

I took it outside and I'll be darned if it didn't find some satellites and tell me where I was! Of course, the maps won't go past 2006.
    Thanks for indulging my gaming habit when I was young, Dad. You were the best. I miss you. ~David Barnes 1926-2007~

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default I've got one..

I have a complete US collection including NAV and all the UK only games as well. The system is the regular retail version purchased from the Gizmondo kiosk here in LA at launch. In retrospect, I overpaid, but I haven't seen many of the retail boxed US systems around anyway, so I guess I don't feel too bad. I would love to start picking up some of the packaged demos, although I already have all the unreleased games anyway from downloads.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't see Gizmondo in the guide yet... Can someone post the full list here?
    Russ Perry Jr, 2175 S Tonne Dr #114, Arlington Hts IL 60005
    Got any obscure game stuff?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slapdash View Post
    Classic Compendium 1 (Chess, Checkers, Backgammon, Four-in-a-line, Reversi, Othello)
    Classic Compendium 2 (Shogi, Chinese Chess, Gomuku, Chinese Checkers, Tai Pei)
    Fathammer Classics: Angelfish, Stuntcar Extreme, Super Drop Mania
    FIFA 2005 (FIFA Football 2005 in UK)
    Gizmondo Motocross 2005
    Hockey Rage 2005
    Interstellar Flames 2
    Pocket Ping Pong
    POD: Point of Destruction
    Richard Burns Rally
    SSX 3
    Sticky Balls
    Toy Golf
    Trailblazer

Quote Originally Posted by fishsandwich View Post
    I've got one. It's a mixture of UK and USA titles. The games are identical aside from the rating on the outside of the box (I've got a couple of both versions.)

It wasn't hard to complete. There weren't that many games for it. The hardest thing to find was the USA version of the nav system software. The thing actually WORKS. I was shocked.

Several of the unreleased games are finished and easy to find on the net... I plan on macking up some mock boxes sometime.
    Can you post a picture of your collection and the differences between the US and UK releases?
    Last edited by esquire; 01-08-2007 at 09:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slapdash View Post
    14 games released worldwide... theres a great article on this very board. check the links to the bottom left.

Classic Compendium 1 (Chess, Checkers, Backgammon, Four-in-a-line, Reversi, Othello)
    Classic Compendium 2 (Shogi, Chinese Chess, Gomoku, Chinese Checkers and TaiPei)
    Fathammer Classics (Angelfish, Stuntcar Extreme, Super Drop Mania... 3 game bundle)
    FIFA 2005
    Interstellar Flames 2
    Hockey Rage 2005
    Motocross 2005
    Pocket Pingpong
    Point of Destruction
    Richard Burns Rally
    SSX 3
    Sticky Balls
    Toy Golf
    Trailblazer

Some games that were going to be released but werent

Agaju (early partial game can be downloaded)
    Ballbusters (complete version can be downloaded)
    Carmageddon (complete version can be downloaded)
    Chicane (complete version can be downloaded)
    Colors (complete version can be downloaded)
    Conflict: Vietnam (complete version can be downloaded)
    Catapult (early partial game can be downloaded)
    Hit & Myth (complete version can be downloaded)
    Jump (early partial game can be downloaded)
    Supernaturals (VERY early partial game can be downloaded)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I should use these lists and go for it. I have most of the titles and a couple of US systems. It's really not that bad a system aside from it's resemblance to a choco taco. Delicious! It's no Game.Com. Graphics as good as or better than the DS. No matter, still crashed and burned. Literally!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just won one on ebay for $50, new in box, in a Dutch auction. There were 30 available from a US seller. Shipping only $10. Best thing was I emailed him to see if he had any games. I got 6 new/sealed games at $3/each on top of the system. That's a great start. Now all I need to do is find the rest, at an affordable price.

Anyone have any of the kiosk demo cards or games that were finished but never released?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by esquire View Post
    I just won one on ebay for $50, new in box, in a Dutch auction. There were 30 available from a US seller. Shipping only $10. Best thing was I emailed him to see if he had any games. I got 6 new/sealed games at $3/each on top of the system. That's a great start. Now all I need to do is find the rest, at an affordable price.

Anyone have any of the kiosk demo cards or games that were finished but never released?
    Does the seller have any more? Looked for the auction but didn't see anything.
    Check out www.videogameconsolelibrary.com for all of your console review needs!

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anyone up for getting that into the Database? Should be easy!
    If they made a movie out of your top five worst sins, what would it be rated?

Check out my list of trades on GameTZ Link

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 98PaceCar View Post
    Does the seller have any more? Looked for the auction but didn't see anything.
    He now has 20 more for sale. Looks like these may cost a bit more this time around.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gizmondo-Units_W...QQcmdZViewItem

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I have a complete US collection including NAV and all the UK only games as well.
    According to Wkipedia, only 8 of the 14 released games were available in the US. Is this true?

I have the following US releases:

Sticky Balls
    Toy Golf
    Trailblazer
    Classic Compendium 2

That's four. Any idea what the other 4 are? I assume Classic Compendium is one of them since volume 2 is.

Also, my UK versions of POD and Classic Compendium 1 cases are marked on the back with a sticker that says "Promo Use Only. Not for Resale." Any idea what these are? Perhaps a bundle?
    Last edited by esquire; 01-22-2007 at 02:29 AM.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Promo Use Items...

The systems he is selling and many of the games he has were prepared as promotional copies for the press and retailers in the US prior to launch here. I would guess that in years to come, the press versions will be just as common as the actual retail versions given the quantity he seems to have in his warehouse.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    The systems he is selling and many of the games he has were prepared as promotional copies for the press and retailers in the US prior to launch here. I would guess that in years to come, the press versions will be just as common as the actual retail versions given the quantity he seems to have in his warehouse.
    I just received 8 games from him (as well as a case and a strap).

Half of them have the Promo sticker on the back, which appears to be the only difference from the retail versions.

I assume they are all US editions (is there a way to tell on the case or game?).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I've only got 5 for mine: Toy Golf, Sticky Balls (my favorite and seriously addictive), P.O.D., Trailblazer, and Richard Burns Rally. Someone sent me a CD of the unreleased games he tracked down on the internet, but I never managed to get any of them to run.

For a while, there were only two Gizmondo mall kiosks in the entire state of Texas.... both of them were within a short distance of me. The Arlington store manager even offered me a job there after I helped explain it's benefits to some dimwit passing by. I already have a job dealing with dimwits every day, so I passed. Looking back on it, I should have worked there part-time. Who knows what kind of stuff I could have gotten out of that. I probably could have scored a bunch of kiosk cards at least.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuken View Post
    I just received 8 games from him (as well as a case and a strap).

Half of them have the Promo sticker on the back, which appears to be the only difference from the retail versions.

I assume they are all US editions (is there a way to tell on the case or game?).
    Yes, check the lower left hand corner of the front of the case. If the ESRB rating (e.g., E for Everyone) is there its US. If the ISFE rating (Age Numbers, e.g. "3+") is there its UK.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by esquire View Post
    Yes, check the lower left hand corner of the front of the case. If the ESRB rating (e.g., E for Everyone) is there its US. If the ISFE rating (Age Numbers, e.g. "3+") is there its UK.

Cool Thanks. Looks like I got four of each with the UK being the Promo labeled games.