Thread: Price question for a Racermate II cart and accessories

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Price question for a Racermate II cart and accessories

Hi folks,
    I have the chance to purchase a RacerMate II Challenge cart, dongle, top loader, bike mount, etc. for what I believe to be a pretty fair price. It is almost identical to this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/RaceMate-Computr...QQcmdZViewItem

But it doesn't come with the dog bone controller. There have been numerous threads about the cart alone and where it came from and what a fair price would be for the cart and dongle, but how much would be a fair price for the complete set? Is there any reason why this game does not appear in the rarity guide and how rare is it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Mark

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Depends on one of two things:
    1) You are buying to collect. For complete sakes you have all but the bone controller (which is almost impossible to not find under $10) so if the price is well under the eBay one then you're winning against the "global" market, but it may be a bit higher or lower than that, but still safe if it's well below.

2) Wanting to use it (and possibly collect as well) and in that case around the eBay price or a bit lower would be fine, but since in this case you plan on using it will the price be worth your use? Will it really help you out well enough to be worth a similar workout machine?

Either way though, if it's well under $100 then you can't really lose that much unless the demand disappears and wonders when you try to resell it, what the hell it is.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unfortunately, its far more than $100. Asking price is $450. Its from a cyclists, not an NES collector, so maybe I could get lower. I've seen completed auctions close to $1000, so I figure it wouldn't be a complete waste for $450. I'll play it by ear and see if its worth it to me, but thanks a lot for the info!

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by mrmark0673 View Post
    Unfortunately, its far more than $100. Asking price is $450. Its from a cyclists, not an NES collector, so maybe I could get lower. I've seen completed auctions close to $1000, so I figure it wouldn't be a complete waste for $450. I'll play it by ear and see if its worth it to me, but thanks a lot for the info!
    The going rate was around $700 for a complete set last year... I'd say $450 is a deal.
    #vbender

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If everything is in great shape, then $450 is a good price. BUT if you are buying to resell, just a warning that these are INCREDIBLY difficult to judge the price of on ebay. Some go for $300 or so, while others will go for $500 and then $700 and then all the way up near $1000. VERY difficult to predict the value of. Very rare item (that I do own in like new condition) that is one of the cooler accesories to own for any system.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have been told that it is in like new condition, but I think I'll see for myself tomorrow. Ideally, I'd like to sell everything but the cart, dongle and top loader. Anyone interested in all the other stuff to complete their Racermate? I wonder if you could use all the other stuff for the new Racermate software for the PC, I don't know how valuable it is by itself. I don't care so much about the cost, but the space this thing is going to take up bothers me a bit.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I keep all of mine in a large box. It actually compacts down quite well. An incomplete set really doesn't pull too much. this auction will give you an idea of what it would go for
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MakeTrack=true

if you want to keep it, I would keep it all. One of those items that is just cool to have and will maintain its value moreso if it is complete (IE, the better the condition, the more drastic the price difference).

On the one you go check out, see if it has all the books with it. it is supposed to have a few books, would go check mine to see exactly how many but don't really want to go get it out of storage (have it stored in the basement in a box right now). I believe there were three books with it?

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well, what about the box it came in? Anyone know what that looks like? Ive never seen one.

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!