Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gamestop/EB B1G1 on all used N64 and PS1 Games!

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Exclamation Gamestop/EB B1G1 on all used N64 and PS1 Games!

Gamestop has started to liquidate their Nintendo 64 and Playstation One games. All games are Buy 1, Get 1 free. Not all stores have these still, but you might luck out. Some stores keep their "expensive" games in a drawer or a case. I lucked out, I found tons of Mario Parties, Final Fantasy VII, Persona 2, Rhapsody, Castlevania SOTN, Snowboard Kids 2, etc. Check your Gamestops! Also, if you have the 10% off card, it also combines with this deal! The only catch I have seen so far is that the computer system is not smart enough to give you the best deal. i.e. if you bring two $14.99 games to the counter, and two $4.99 games to the counter, you would get the two $4.99 games free. So what you need to do is do separate transactions if you have multiple price ranges. Be careful!

-GAC-
    #vbender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Blatt
    PSN
    AGBulls

I use to be a DM for GS/EB and we made a major attempt almost a year ago to consolidate the N64/PSone games into specific stores where they would sell. I'm inredibly surpised you would find anything worth buying at this point--especially since the company hasn't taken trades on those games since June. Here in Chicago, there isn't a lick of anything left worth buying...I know that for sure.
    Parallel universe. Bush, destitute, joins army.

Check out my Gaming Comic: www.GreeneSide.com

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

there is absolutely nothing worth buying around the Lowell area in MA. One store nearby has an entire rack filled with them but every single one is disk only and they are all games like Tony Hawk, racing, wrestling, kiddie games, and sports. I wish they still took PS1 games.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah I work at GameStop and the only 64 title worth getting is Oger Battle....at 25 bux. The thing is all of the other titles suck. But I guess it's working. A kid came in there the other day and bought like 6 crappy games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I saw this almost 2 weeks ago but the stores around here haven't had crap for months. A friend of mine went back to VCU this week and said last time he was there they had "Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure" and some other great titles still lying around and will try to pick those up.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Insert Coin (Level 0) Celestial Avenger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can't find any Gamestops in my area that even have these games. I guess it's all for the best, considering there was a 3 in 5 chance the game wouldn't even work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Blatt
    PSN
    AGBulls

By the way, I strongly recommend looking for specific games in store via their website. A couple reasons:

1. Many stores are so disorganized they don't even know they have PSone and 64 games.
    2. People that work there horde good games in the back and wait for a sale. If you talk to the manager (or the DM) they will often sell you what isn't on the floor. You just need to call them on it first!

This will give you a little advantage in snagging what little is left. If you have questions about GS/EB, I'm more than happy to help.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by agbulls View Post
    By the way, I strongly recommend looking for specific games in store via their website. A couple reasons:

1. Many stores are so disorganized they don't even know they have PSone and 64 games.
    2. People that work there horde good games in the back and wait for a sale. If you talk to the manager (or the DM) they will often sell you what isn't on the floor. You just need to call them on it first!

This will give you a little advantage in snagging what little is left. If you have questions about GS/EB, I'm more than happy to help.
    If you can show me where these games can be found on the website, I am all ears!
    #vbender

Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The closest Gamestop has jack shit when it comes to N64/PSone games. I recall seeing ONE N64 game (some soccer game) and a copy of Rhapsody. And that was it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Blatt
    PSN
    AGBulls

Quote Originally Posted by GrandAmChandler View Post
    If you can show me where these games can be found on the website, I am all ears!
    I'm suprised you haven't used their online store locator function. I just went to their site hoping to look up some psx/n64 titles...but it seems they have removed them from their site entirely.

This does work with anything you can find on their site though and is a great way to get the used 360 game you want while its still new. I got Rainbow 6: Vegas this way during their 35% off 360 game sale and only paid $40. I still recommend asking "whats in the back room?" if you have the balls to do it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sonic R 0
    PSN
    SONICr

Quote Originally Posted by agbulls View Post
    I'm suprised you haven't used their online store locator function. I just went to their site hoping to look up some psx/n64 titles...but it seems they have removed them from their site entirely.

This does work with anything you can find on their site though and is a great way to get the used 360 game you want while its still new. I got Rainbow 6: Vegas this way during their 35% off 360 game sale and only paid $40. I still recommend asking "whats in the back room?" if you have the balls to do it.
    Their search feature is not as good as it had been in the past. Before you could type any game(that they would carry) and it would bring it up and you could check which stores had it with in 200 miles. Now it doesn't seem to carry many games at all - example search for Gradius and it will only bring up Gradius III & IV, though Gradius V, Gradius Collection, and Gradius Galaxies are all newer and are on formats which they would sell for. I have found many games in the past with this search but now the games I seek are not even in its database

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Blatt
    PSN
    AGBulls

Quote Originally Posted by TurboGenesis View Post
    Their search feature is not as good as it had been in the past. Before you could type any game(that they would carry) and it would bring it up and you could check which stores had it with in 200 miles. Now it doesn't seem to carry many games at all - example search for Gradius and it will only bring up Gradius III & IV, though Gradius V, Gradius Collection, and Gradius Galaxies are all newer and are on formats which they would sell for. I have found many games in the past with this search but now the games I seek are not even in its database
    The result of the terrible monster megalocorp located in Grapevine, TX known as GameStop. The amount of things they REMOVED from the EB database/computer system to simplify it for the menial retards they hire at their corp is beyond idiocy.

I can only pray--PRAY--that digital distribution comes sooner and puts that shoddy company and Mr. Fontaine out on the curb much sooner. Am I bitter? Yes. They bought my beloved EB (which was a great company) and ripped its guts out while continuing to trick the public into believing there are STILL two game stores by keeping the names different. Forcing minimum wage on your workers, lowering available hours and increasing goals was a great way to ensure that employees continued to do what GameStop fears the most....STEAL.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wish my local EB had these kind of sales. They don't seem to have any sales. However they do get N64 and PSX games in fairly regularly. When did this sale start? I went to another EB this past Saturday and bought PSX games. There was no such sale. I'll check another EB tomorrow. I find Final Fantasy 7's all the time, as well as mario parties, smash bros etc. I don't think the Canadian Ebs received the Rhapsodies and Rez etc like the ones in the US did. I don't think I've seen one copy in Canada but tons in the US.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wish I could take advantage of this, but unfortunately, most of the GameStops/EBs around here don't have anything, and the ones that do are down to the crappy loose PSX/N64 sports games.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

"my" favorite EBGames haven't had PS1 games since the end of last summer, or maybe it was June. A few of the guys there did tell me that they kept the "better" games aside so they wouldn't get stolen or trashed. They let me see what they had whenever I went in (usually 2 or 3 times a week). And yes, I still stop in once in a while...

So... just the other day I stopped in at another location I hadn't been by since the shelf pull and massive sales the local stores had to dump as much of their "old" stock as possible. I was working quite a few miles from home and conveniently just happened to pass by at lunch time. Guy behind the counter remembered me. Since they're no longer in competition on the PS1 front, he pointed me to a GameCrazy almost right across the street (which I didn't know was there, shame on me!) I got a decent 3/$10 deal, btw... and found out about a few more stores MUCH closer to home...

Anyways... EBG guy told me that another location about an hour and a half from there got all of their PS1 stock, and is also one of the "consolidation" points. SO I'm hoping to get sent back out in THAT direction tomorrow. Or Monday. Or Tuesday... <itchitchscratchscratch> They probably just have crap left, but hey... I gotta look!

And yeah... I too miss the OLD EBGames stores!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmm, the Former Rhino store is the only place that has anything PS1 and N64 wise, but I got Monster Rancher 2 and Gallop Racer for PSX..

Well, one gamestop has about 15 PSX games left.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anyone know of any stores in the Minneapolis area that have any PS1 games? The closest one to me (Block E) hasn't had any PS1 stuff for a long time...

I did pick up XIII for Xbox for $3 there tonight tho, pretty sweet game from what I've played so far.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

There was some N64 games in the Gamestop on Rt. 17 in Rutherford, NJ, last summer. They looked aweful worse for wear though. The guy working there got very annoyed with me when I said I was looking for NES and SNES games. He felt they were horrible systems, both well below the high mark Atari 2600.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    LOB3
    PSN
    GoldyK
    3DS Friend
    0817-3747-2478
    Steam
    segarocks30

Lol That's EB and GS for ya, let's sell all the classics and go mainstream, those games are out of style now! *Rolls eyes*

Anyway I go to Gamecrazy where you can still actually buy PS1, NES, Dreamcast, SNES, Genesis, and other classics. That's the best to go to honestly. I got a really nice find there on the weekend, PSO ver.2
    Dance Dance Toejam and Earl!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by segarocks30 View Post
    Lol That's EB and GS for ya, let's sell all the classics and go mainstream, those games are out of style now! *Rolls eyes*

Anyway I go to Gamecrazy where you can still actually buy PS1, NES, Dreamcast, SNES, Genesis, and other classics. That's the best to go to honestly. I got a really nice find there on the weekend, PSO ver.2
    Well, they WERE the best place to go two or so years ago when the first two 3 for $15 classic plastic sales took place. Most GC's have pretty crappy classic selections now because people like me cleaned the good stuff out