Thread: Anyone seen Mazes of Fate?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Anyone seen Mazes of Fate?

I see Mazes of Fate and Back to Stone were released for GBA, has anyone seen the games for sale anywhere? Ebay seems to be the only place I can find it right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought mine from Amazon. I looked for it *everywhere* locally (EB/GS, Fry's, Game Crazy, local shops), and nobody had even heard of it, let alone stocked it.

Here's the Amazon link (looks out of stock, but J&R has copies at the same price):
    http://www.amazon.com/Graffiti-Enter...8&s=videogames

They also have Back to Stone available.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I saw some seller at Ebay who had like 900 copies of both games. Price was $29.90, not too bad shipping either

Are these 2 games any good btw? Maze of Fate looked kinda crappy, but Back to Stone looked alittle interesting.
    Last edited by jajaja; 01-19-2007 at 06:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jajaja View Post
    Are these 2 games any good btw? Maze of Fate looked kinda crappy, but Back to Stone looked alittle interesting.
    My opinion of the two games is actually the reverse: Mazes of Fate is quite fun and Back to Stone is crummy.

Mazes of Fate is a nice throwback to classic first person dungeon crawlers and the way your actions actually influence how others feel about you in the game (so being a kleptomaniac doesn't always pay off!). Movement is pretty well handled and combat isn't too shabby, but the animation is pretty weak. As long as that doesn't bother you and you enjoy a good dungeon crawl, then MoF is THE MONEY.

Back to Stone is a bit too simplistic and repetitive. I'm a few levels into it and it's just ...dull. I love the isometric view point, but the graphics are a grainy mess (I've never been a huge fan of the GBA's resolution and aspect ratio and BtS doesn't do anything to improve my opinion). Control takes a little bit to get used to, but it's not really that bad. I hear the game is decently long, but I just don't care much for the gameplay. Maybe after I play through MoF then I'll focus some more time on BtS and give it another shot, but I don't have a warm and fuzzy on ever actually having the motivation to complete the whole game.

Who knows? Stranger things have happened!

Oh, and the eBay store that still has >800 copies is the actual publisher's eBay account. Given that the only two places to order the games are Amazon and eBay, it makes you wonder how many copies they actually ran off of each game.

It's a shame, because MoF is a great game (especially for gamers that loved first person CRPGs) and deserves a hell of a lot more love and attention

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roushimsx View Post
    Oh, and the eBay store that still has >800 copies is the actual publisher's eBay account. Given that the only two places to order the games are Amazon and eBay, it makes you wonder how many copies they actually ran off of each game.
    I was wondering about that, or if the seller had like access to some big lot directly from the factory Im waiting for my 2 copies of Back to Stone and i will for sure buy 2 copies of Mazes of Fate. I think this game will be a future rarity because of no store release (?) and released very late, GBA is slowly dying, unfortunatly
    Last edited by jajaja; 01-19-2007 at 06:39 PM.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought one of these from a local dealer, the other from eBay, never seen them in big name stores, though.

Still not going to be the toughest GBA game to find =P