Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wii Still Scarce-where to get one?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

The TRU Sunday ad features the Wii...however they will only be selling them in a $299.99 bundle with the Rayman Rabbit game. No matter how desperate you are to get a Wii (I still don't have one either), I urge everyone to skip this "deal" and show TRU where to stick their bundle. I knew it was only a matter of time before this bundling bullshit spilled over to brick and mortar retail locations. Absolutely ridiculous.

As an added insult, you can't buy the bundle and return the game. It is being sold as 1 item on the receipt. FU TRU.

The Wii will be in the Circuit City and Target ad's on Sunday as well. No bundle required of course.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    The TRU Sunday ad features the Wii...however they will only be selling them in a $299.99 bundle with the Rayman Rabbit game. No matter how desperate you are to get a Wii (I still don't have one either), I urge everyone to skip this "deal" and show TRU where to stick their bundle. I knew it was only a matter of time before this bundling bullshit spilled over to brick and mortar retail locations. Absolutely ridiculous.

As an added insult, you can't buy the bundle and return the game. It is being sold as 1 item on the receipt. FU TRU.

The Wii will be in the Circuit City and Target ad's on Sunday as well. No bundle required of course.
    I hate TRU. My hatred for them is right up there with GameStop and EBGames.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Over at CAG they are saying that the bundle is optional at TRU. Anyway, I am desperate to get one, so I am going to go on Sunday for one at TRU. What time do you think I should get there if the store opens at 10:00?

Thanks a lot!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I can't see what is wrong with bundling a game like RRR is. It certainly is one of the best Wii games.
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The GameStop in my mall got some in on Tuesday. And sold them all in a short period of time. Found this out when I picked up Final Fantasy VI Advance. Man, 2 months after launch you STILL have a hard time finding these things. Is Nintendo not releasing enough or is the demand just that high that the second they are on the shelves, they disappear?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by c0ldb33r View Post
    They make you pay more then retail? Weird.

Where is that?
    Oh, I'm in Malaysia. Nintendo hasn't released the Wii here, so it's all parallel imports. I suspect the locals are importing via play-asia or some such. Games are pretty unreasonable, too -- about $60.

The 360 and PS3 are parallel imports, too (from Singapore or Hong Kong), but their price is the same as what you'd pay at a store in either country. I got my DOA 360 special "limited" edition here for if anything a few $$$ less than I would in Singapore because of taxes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by RegSNES View Post
    Is Nintendo not releasing enough or is the demand just that high that the second they are on the shelves, they disappear?
    The main reason that Wii are still "hard to find" is because of:

Target
    Walmart
    Toys R Us
    Circuit City
    Best Buy
    Shopko

...all holding their stock of Wii's until Sunday's. All of these stores get in Wii's every few days, but refuse to put them on the sales floor or sell them. They force people to buy Wii's on one day (usually Sunday when their weekly ad's start). It's ridiculous and frustrating. I simply refuse to wait outside of a store just to buy one...I'm not going to play their game of creating "false" shortages. I can wait for a Wii. When I finally see one sitting on a shelf, I'll buy it. Until then, those stores can FO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for all your help everyone.

I finally found a Wii today at Target. Good luck to all who are still searching!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Well my Wii woes are over now.

I was able to get one from tru on the 11th.

cheapassgamer.com was correct on the bundle deal it was optional.

I had a friend pick it up for me in morning since, i didn't want to... take the chance of trying to get one in the afthernoon.

I got what i wanted just the system none of that "bundle deal crap" i see... on ebay and on amazon.

All is left is to figure out what tv i'll play it on and... how in hell i'm gonna hook it up to my (cable isp) so i can surf the wii channel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by Tron 2.0 View Post
    All is left is to figure out what tv i'll play it on and... how in hell i'm gonna hook it up to my (cable isp) so i can surf the wii channel.
    You can buy a cheap (yet very functional) LinkSys wireless router at Walmart for $40. You can plug in your current ethernet cables in the back (for existing wired connections) and use the wi-fi for your Wii. What's funny is the average wireless router is now cheaper than Nintendo's USB wi-fi adapter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    You can buy a cheap (yet very functional) LinkSys wireless router at Walmart for $40. You can plug in your current ethernet cables in the back (for existing wired connections) and use the wi-fi for your Wii. What's funny is the average wireless router is now cheaper than Nintendo's USB wi-fi adapter.
    Thanks i'll look into that.

I don't need some fancy router that's expensive.

All i care about that it works nothing more.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

Went to 2 stores today (working on Sundays really cramps my chances of getting a Wii) of course they were all sold out again. Between the 2 stores, they had 100 Wiis (Wiiii?) for the Sunday sale, and all were accounted for by people standing in line for 2-3 hours before opening.

Maybe sometime in the next month or so the buzz will wear off a bit
    gamesandgrub.blogspot.com - My blog about boardgames, and sometimes food.
    roomwithaviewmaster.tumblr.com - My blog about Viewmaster collecting

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

at this rate there will be far too much time before we see a black wii. this could suck a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by scooterb23 View Post
    ... 100 Wiis (Wiiii?) for the Sunday sale, and all were accounted for by people standing in line for 2-3 hours before opening.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just came from my neighborhood Target (incidentally, the same place that I bought my Wii on launch day), and they had maybe five or so, which marks the first time I've seen them available for sale in a store I just happened to walk into. They also had a bunch of Wii Plays, which I've been told are hard to come by, and which I would have bought if I weren't retarded and had left some money aside to buy it with. Guess I'll have to wait a few weeks.

For what it's worth, there's a pretty gnarly ice/snow storm here today, and Target was absolutely dead (it was around noon I was there, and I bet there was a total of five customers in the entire store), so if they got the shipment today, that might explain things.
    Feedback thread here

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default wii

I'm currently in Australia and the same thing is going on over here.I called all the eb game stores and other electronic stores in my area and none of them had any in stock, some said that had not got any in since the 1st of january. I walked into eb last sunday and asked if they had any, they said they had one left. I was pretty low on money so I bought some games and walked out, I then called the bank to check my bank balance, had enough to buy one and some groceries for the week so i ran back in and got one...
    Last edited by cerex; 02-13-2007 at 10:31 PM.
    my blt drive on my computer just went awol and i got this big project due tomorrow for mr. kawasaki and if i don't get it in he's gonna ask me to commit harry carey.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, good luck to those who have yet to find one. The Wii is great! Check out CheapAssGamer for deal availability.

It seems like the fervor may be dying down a little bit near me. I got to Target an hour before it opened and was 4th in line.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpman View Post
    It seems like the fervor may be dying down a little bit near me. I got to Target an hour before it opened and was 4th in line.
    If you have to arrive 1 hour before a store opens to buy a Wii (3 months after lauch, mind you) I wouldn't say the "fervor may be dying down".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I'd say there still in demand. After getting a job bonus I decided to start hunting for one, but haven't seen one in the 2 weeks I've been looking.

Granted I'm not going to any stores and waiting in line for them to open on Sunday, but seriously, the things' been out for 4 months and not a single store in a 25 mile radius of Providence, R.I has one.

Has this ever happened with any other console before?

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've heard PS2 was hard to get for months too. But its strange that Nintendo havnt been able to produce a sick high amount of consoles by now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by jajaja View Post
    I've heard PS2 was hard to get for months too.
    PS2's were hard to find, but nothing like this. Wii's seem to have a shelf life of a less than an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by jajaja View Post
    But its strange that Nintendo havnt been able to produce a sick high amount of consoles by now.
    Low quantity = High demand. I'm not a "conspiracy" type of guy, but you have to wonder.