Thread: Tenchu Zero?...hmm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exclamation Tenchu Zero?...hmm

I read on ign that M$ picked up tenchu senran to publish here in the states. this could be potentialy really good news..or just good news. the fact that ms is publishing this game just goes to show you that this once hidden little sleeper gem is making waves. the question is, is ms just simply doing a barebone publish or is mis interested in fixing the broken game and polishing it up.

I played thogh the Tenchu senran demo several times and I can honetly say it's Broken! I hate to see tenchu in this state. it shatters all my dreams of what I thought a next gen tenchu would be like. why dose it have the worst collision detection and animations out of all the tenchu games. the characters look bland, the gameplay feels awkward, and the textures look bad and there is no lip syncing!! WTF. but acually the level design looks pretty good. it has nice draw distance too. that's about all it has going for it.

now if microsoft game studio's get involed I would expect the game to shape up. if ms persuades fromsoft into beefing up the poly count, fixing the animations, collision detect, AI and textures and basicly jazzing it up to 360- standards, we could see a decent Tenchu title in the u.s.

this game needs Love.
    Last edited by jonnyutah; 01-28-2007 at 08:54 PM. Reason: renaming

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ha ha, the scene where you have people with primer red and purple hair running across a rooftop makes me laugh. I hope the dude with the sword and a pistol makes a comeback, anyway. Reminds me that I need to fix my xbox so I can play the rest of Tenchu RTD on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb tenchu z..??

RTD...that's the xbox version of WoH rigt? the last Tenchu game I played was fatal shadows(kureni) good game. albeit very short.

Sega did have the publishing rights the the tenchu series. I wonder if sega saw the degraded state of this game and said noway. but prehalps micrsoft saw the potential and has a to-do fix list for k2 or fromsoft. I don't think ms game studios would put their name on tenchu senran in it's current condition. it seems very unlike ms to publish a game like tenchu...hmm? waht if MS throw a fresh cote of unreal3 engine paint over this game, and included/hyped it in it's e3 games montage and it became the best selling tenchu game to date and was a rebirth for the series lol I can dream right?

anyways my complaints of the game are minor and I think any publishing house that believes in quality control would adress them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyutah View Post
    RTD...that's the xbox version of WoH rigt? the last Tenchu game I played was fatal shadows(kureni) good game. albeit very short.
    Yup. Too bad they didn't rework more of the game, I thought...actually, this makes me want to play Tenchu 2 now (which I overlooked last time).

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well they did just put a Tenchu game out for DS. Who made that? Any chance of them doing a next-gen version? Pretty please?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Like the PS2 Tenchu titles, Tenchu DS was also made by From Software, and sucked even more than their PS2 titles. From Software needs to sell Tenchu off to a different company and just focus on what they do best, making Armored Core games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah fromsoft isn' putting much into this game. it has the lowest budget and it's the last priority of all of their games. everything that makes a tenchu game good is gone in this game. if you are a tenchu fan you will cry if you play the demo. the animation is horrible, the textures look washed out and very ps2, the playable characters manage to look worse than the ps2/psp games! ^.^ lol sad. now keep in mind I'm judging this game off of the TGS demo but I have no reson to think the game has improved over the demo I have. it feels cheap, generic and rushed. oh, and ememy popup is back witha vengence. the true sequel to tenchu is "Shinabido"

I checked out the official japanese tenchu website and I did find a link with all of the maps in the game. they all look similar. a few look interesting but no weather effects? no snow?? the question that is puzzeling me is why microsoft is interested in this game.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What From Software needs to do is make another OTOGI.

As for Tenchu Senran (they're calling it Tenchu Zero now I think?) catching Microsoft's attention, if the Japanese demo is indication the XBox Live mutliplayer is awesome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb lets send microssoft a bug/glich improvment list :)

the multiplayer is awsome? co-op against super bad ai is awsome? how about a vs mode? btw, is there any sign of weather effects in Senran? is there any snow?? rain? I haven't seen the any in any of the vids and previews I seen.

I say we compile a list of bugs/complaints/area that should be more polished. and send it to microsoft. everyone here that has the tenchu senran demo on xbox mag dics 65 or if you imported the jp version please post your cirtique of the game here. now I mean modest complaints. things that can actually be added/ fixed by release which is looking like may or june.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Rasa View Post
    What From Software needs to do is make another OTOGI.
    Truth. Poor Tenchu.

Still miffed we never got the "prezident pilots mechs" game though :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exclamation

okay heres my Tenchu Z fix/polish list:

-improve model polygon count
    -improve overall textures up to par with next gen standards
    -improve AI in any way and every way.
    -fix collision detection ( most noticable when standing on a roof)
    -polsih animation and polish up the camera system
    _lastly, improve the difficulty.

what do you guys think about my list?? is it unrealistic? I am not asking them to add content or modify the game engine. that's not what a publisher dose. a publisher edits the content to marketable standards. thats' all I'm asking for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

btw, how well did Senran sell in japan? is there any info out about the sales?
    I would think tenchu dose better inthe states.