Thread: Really odd problem with my Turbo Duo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RottenToTheGore
    PSN
    TheSuperSadist

Default Really odd problem with my Turbo Duo.

Sorry to post this again, but the restoration society isn't that active. Feel free to lock the topic in there.

Ok, I bought a Duo about a month ago. Everything has been working perfectly, never a problem...until just now.

I started playing last alert and after beating the 3rd or 4th boss, the screen saying "you have blah blah blah, 5000 points" just hangs while the music continues. Nothing I can do so I turn it off.

Turn it back on, and check the memory (to see if it had saved, I had little room and I didn't know if it would tell me I was out of memory when it auto saved)...

No data found.

Well that sucks, I just lost about 15 hours of Ys 1 and 2 (was right at the end, see other thread) and about 10 of Dragon Slayer.

I boot up Last Alert again, and for the heck of it I select continue. Black screen, hangs. Turn it back on and start over, play a stage and turn it off. Hoping that by doing this I can see if my data just felt like erasing and it isn't a memory problem.

Turn the system on, go to memory and.... it's all back! And then (still at the memory manager screen) the screen starts to flicker, some garbage appears with some odd sounds and then a blue screen with a buzzing noise.

I'm scared to turn it on again <_<

Update - This morning I turned it on again to No Data Found. Turned it off, unplugged and pluged the power cord back in and had the same flickering and this time red waves and garbage followed by noise. Something to point out is that the screen froze when I went to the memory manager.

Update #2 - Tried Dragon Slayer out, and it sees the saves but hangs at the "Choose which file to load screen". I'm really worried now

Anyone know what's going on?
    Last edited by VACRMH; 01-29-2007 at 09:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm
    Hello VACRMH, you have just received 666 Meseta from Oobgarm.
    The following comment was made: HAIL SATAN

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

Can't tell you what's wrong, but I can sympathize with you. My Duo recently messed up, too. It plays HuCards just fine, and while it loads and plays CD's, there's no red book audio. A wierd anomaly, but apparently a common problem. Guess NEC just didn't make these things too well, did they?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RottenToTheGore
    PSN
    TheSuperSadist

I've heard about the redbook issue, some say warming it up by playing a HuCard for a few minutes helps.

I'd take that problem over mine V_V I'm thinking about formatting the memory but i'd really like to avoid that.

Maybe it's corrupted?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm
    Hello VACRMH, you have just received 666 Meseta from Oobgarm.
    The following comment was made: HAIL SATAN

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The audio issue I believe is caused by capacitors which fail and need to be replaced. A simple procedure, the same as the Game Gear no/weak audio common problem..

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

Quote Originally Posted by VACRMH View Post
    I've heard about the redbook issue, some say warming it up by playing a HuCard for a few minutes helps.

I'd take that problem over mine V_V I'm thinking about formatting the memory but i'd really like to avoid that.

Maybe it's corrupted?

Dude, if the thing won't work, I'd reformat it. What do you have to lose? If you're worried about your Y's files, remember that there are passwords, and I'm sure you can get back to where you were relatively easily. (Y'sily? Ha! Gawd I'm retarded.) Just note that I've had trouble with the Y's I and II Passwords listed on Gamefaqs, so try to get them from another source. Any of your game files from HuCards (Bomberman 93, Devil's Crush, etc.) can be converted to passwords as well, so use the internet to bail yourself out!

I've lost the memory in mine several times. When I went to med school my Dad unplugged the stupid thing. After having some experience with the games, though, it only took me about half an hour to catch up in Valis, etc. It's better than not having it work at all.