Thread: Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

I just started playing this game, and I love it so far. I have not played much, so by no means am I qualified to give a review. So I thought I would just start a general thread for discussion of this game. It can be things you have done or seen, tips for each other, your character type... whatever.

With what seems to be such a great game, I feel this could be a great thread.

I will just start with my character type for now, I would also be interested in peoples opinions for good characters, and what they are using themselves. I am actually considering making a couple of more characters and playing a bit with each to decide what I want. Currently I am a " Dark Elf " my class is as a " Mage" and my birth sign is " the ritual " , is it good ??? I am not sure yet lol. I am also considering trying a brute force warrior from the " Orc " race, and a character with more magical ability who is a " Breton "

Right now I am going to join the " Fighting Guild" any thoughts supporting or opposing that? Which guild have you joined also.

Insert Coin (Level 0) chazbeenhad's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like Morrowwind too. Are you playing on the xbox or pc?

My 1st character was a huge flop that couldnt go 5 ft without losing all her stamina. :-)

So i made a wood elf archer / short blade under the sign of the lady.

So far im having a blast redoing the missions that were so hard before. Did you find the guy murdered on the path? I love how that side story plays out......

Charlie

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I meant to say in my Subject line, for the XBOX.

No I have not found the murdered guy in the path, I will have to go look again, right from the first town I took the easy way and used the transportation, so my exploration has been very little at this point.

I am probably not the appropriate peron to have started this thread due to my limited exposure, but I am so excited about this game, I wanted to get a good thread on it going. I look forward to seeing what other people post. First couple of days my input my be limited, I need to devote some more play time.

Question though, early on in the beginning, what are your options for gathering gold other than what you find in crates around town.
    I feel it is too soon for me to steal and be jailed, if my skills degrade any more I will be " boned " if you know what I mean.

Insert Coin (Level 0) chazbeenhad's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ah gold!! You will get some gold from the guy your told to meet and get orders from. Also, side stories like the murdered guy on the path pay descent gold.

Your Fighter Guild quests will pay gold.

And I didnt like this idea when I started playing, but you get used to it........

Steal everything you can when no one can see you. hehe

Then sell it, becareful to not forget whos house you stole from , you might just try to sell it to them :-p

Oh, and make sure you read every book you see laying around, some increase your skills.

Charlie

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I met the first guy I was supposed to, but have been try to build a little before I get my orders from him, I also wanted to join the guild first but I don't know if thats best. The stealing thing was a thought, but I wasn't smart enough to do it when nobody was looking lol, so I got caught each time I tried, guess I'm not much of a thief.... yet.

I have been watching for books and increases some skills a little this way.

My only disappointment so far is the initial load of the game which is slow. I seem to suck at the fighting right now, so I have to load more than I would like lol. Its a bit of a learning curve for me, I have never really played in the first person vieew before, its not been my genre. So with a little practice it will improve, and I will have to load less often lol.