Thread: Xbox Skin Installation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Xbox Skin Installation

I've never stuck a skin or even a sticker on any of my consoles before. I think some of the GBA skins look kind of cool but I'm afraid that they'll "rub" based on the amount of touching the handheld gets. Before Christmas I saw a few Xbox ones on sale at Toys R' Us and mentioned it to the wife. The ones I saw were $10, but went on sale for $5 right before Christmas. Sure enough, one ended up in my stocking this year.

Like I said, normally I'm not the type of guy who would mark up (defile?) a console, but I thought these looked pretty cool, and I have 3 Xboxes anyway so I'm good there. Anyway, on to the pix.

For those who have never "skinned" a console before, I found the entire process incredibly simple. The top sticker is actually 2 stickers that meet in the middle. The front "diamond plating" ones were six different stickers (three big ones, and the three lines above them). The entire thing including washing the dust off my Xbox took about a minute, maybe two. These particular stickers are "puffy", but I've seen flat vinyl ones too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, that's pretty sharp.

I've never skinned a console, but I've done a few handhelds. I've removed all of them except for my original DS, only because it hides the scratches from when I dropped it It's actually pretty cool looking, I've got a red DS, and the skin looks like lava, so they work well together.

Your skin looks pretty good, in the top picture it actually looks like you can see the innards of the xbox. Very nice. You should move on to hardware mods though, much more interesting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Looks very nice! I had skinned my XBox with a green chrome when I added a lighted jewel, but removed it. It was starting to look terrible from travel damage. My PS2 is skinned in metallic blue. Still looks great. I was thinking of going carbon fiber with my XBox next time.

Skinning consoles is the cheapest and easiest way to personalize if you are into that sort of thing. LED mods are another great way, but require some soldering.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I put an Orange Chrome skin on my sons Xbox, I thought it looked good, so I picked up a Gamecube one when I saw they were clearance d too. I plan on LED modding my Dreamcast, but I just haven't had the time or the guts to open her up and take the soldering iron to her, it's also going to get a clear case top.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wester View Post
    I plan on LED modding my Dreamcast, but I just haven't had the time or the guts to open her up and take the soldering iron to her, it's also going to get a clear case top.
    It's easy. I replaced my power LED with a bright blue one in about 10 minutes.

There's no reason to be nervous. If you're new to it, just take your time and plan your moves ahead of time