Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your current game collecting bug...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Right now I am on a computer software kick. I just picked up Indiana Jones, Tie Fighter, and Dragon's Lair for the PC and picked up a couple of obscure C64 titles a couple of weeks ago. I spent the majority of my youth gaming on computers, so finding those same games in the wild is really enjoyable for me.

Great Puma (Level 12) DeputyMoniker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    tellUwut

Quote Originally Posted by alec View Post
    Lately I've been on a big Super Nintendo bug. I've gotten over a hundred carts in the past few months and I've been playing the hell out of the system. I'm slowing down on getting more though cause I now have a bunch of games I haven't played that much yet.
    I just got over a SNES bug. It lasted for a couple months and I played some classics for the first time. I beat A link to the past for the first time! I loved it. I didn't like the dark world though...I didn't enjoy that half of the game as much as I did the first half.

Click here to view my collection.
    DP FFXIV Username & Server List.

PSN, Switch, U, Steam, and Twitch: tellUwut

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alec View Post
    Lately I've been on a big Super Nintendo bug.
    Same here. Though I've always collected for it, but I've been replaying some of the old classics. I'm also currently on a Genesis shmup buying thing.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Holger Czukay

Got myself a Super Famicom so I am ready to go nuts buying games for that. Including games that were released in the U.S. because Super Famicom box art is that damn good.

Also buying an Xbox 360 next week in anticipation of Def Jam Icon and Guitar Hero II.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kroogah View Post
    Also buying an Xbox 360 next week in anticipation of Def Jam Icon and Guitar Hero II.
    Don't worry, there's enough awesome stuff out there now for the 360....after you buy it you might not leave the house for a while!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I'm on an Xbox game buying binge lately. I keep coming across them dirt cheap, and I can't help myself. I loaned my Xbox to my brother around Thanksgiving, so I've been stacking up games for whenever I get it back (or whenever the 360's backwards compatability includes them).

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've had a bug for first generation Sega software for the last 6 months. Ever since I bought an Aussie SC-3000H for cheap and in good condition (Aus$50), I've been trawling ebay and pestering collectors for SG-1000 software. I have about 60-70% of all the officially released software, with at least half of it boxed with manuals. I think I might even have all of the cartridge software that was repackaged and released by John Sands in Australia - not sure though, I don't have a complete list. I'm putting that bug to rest for now though, I'll probably return to collecting Dreamcast games but I need a rest first, and time to have fun with these very old Sega games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by klausien View Post
    FDS. They are just so cool. Nothing like playing an NES game off a floppy disk on Nintendo hardware. Plus, the ability to spring out the legitimate Jp SMB2 always impresses people. Most who even know of its existence have only played The Lost Levels on the SNES or a ROM. The sound differences in the original Legend of Zelda are a conversation starter for anyone who has a fondness and vivid memory of the cartridge version (jury's still out on the sword throw sound). I also love the packaging of complete FDS games. Everything about them screams nostalgia for something I didn't experience firsthand. Fantastic.
    Agreed while the, FDS has it's load times i do like the extra sound channel it has.

Not to mention no pass words to mess with either... or worrying about a battery save.

Still i'll say this i got a kick out the sounds effects for zelda.

Far as link throwing his sword and such still i do miss the "heavey breathing" sound you get for each boss on the cart zelda.

I don't know the whole roar sound kind of annoyed me.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just slow collect for several systems. I guess my main focus at the current time is sega cd games. But really I will just get a game here or there for genesis , snes, dreamcast, and master system.

Pac-Man (Level 10) djbeatmongrel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    djbeatmongrel

US 2d fighters are my current thing. slowly but steadily i am trying to get them all and am doing a decent job of it. i am also contemplating going into atleast a complete japanese guilty gear collection as well since its my favorite series and is actually obtainable without being ridiculously pricey.
    4 Wonderswan Consoles, 98 CIB Wonderswan/Color Games
    6 Wonderswan Accessories,1 Wonderswan Prototype

Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

Well, I'm buying lots of Xbox 360 games, I love that system.

My classic concentration (that's a fun game) has been on original Game Boy carts, I'm up to about 145, and I'd very much like to get past 200 this year. Eventually, I'd like to have a complete set (loose carts are fine for me)
    gamesandgrub.blogspot.com - My blog about boardgames, and sometimes food.
    roomwithaviewmaster.tumblr.com - My blog about Viewmaster collecting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

I'm loading up on regular Xbox games, now that most of them are dirt cheap now.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Trying to finish up the Neo-Geo CD games that I want to buy.

Got around 8-9 to go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Playstation RPG's

I've been collecting PS1 RPG's with the stategy guides but now i'm pretty much done now so i'm starting to look at SNES and looking for MUSHA for the Genesis complete (i only have the cart.) but it's pretty expensive on Ebay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have three bugs right now.
    1) Look harder for complete SNES games.
    2) Get into the JP Saturn import market, but slowly.
    3) My SMS died on me, I need a new system and a good bulk buy down the road.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had been buying up 360 games left and right up through the holidays, but right after that I got the classic bug again. I started to finish my Genesis CIB collection and am now down to 110 needed to complete the collection (out of 706). I am also collecting boxes for my TG16 collection. I recently finished my NGage and Tapwave retail collections, and am trying to finish my Gizmondo and Nuon collections, but those are harder to find games.

Still, whenever I see a CIB Super Nintendo game that I don't have, I get the itch to start collecting them. After the Genesis is finished, I'll probably move on to the SNES. Although I should probably finish Sega CD as that is part of the Genesis collection.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been steadily amassing a Japanese PS1 collection of notable size. But this has been going on for a while...getting close to a hundred I think.

I really want to get back into Mega Drive games, but I just haven't gotten around to it.

Gunstar Heroes for the Game Gear came in the mail today, and suddenly I have an overwhelming urge to start buying Game Gear games. I might even buy an actual Game Gear, too! I haven't owned one of those since I was in middle school!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default !

I am happy to report that for the first time in about seven years I am free of the collecting cooties. My e-bay account sits dormant. Has anyone ever looked at their "My Page" activity on e-bay and realized just how much $$$ you have spent over the past 90 days on games and want to drop a brick in your shorts? That has happened to me many, many times. Dammit.

I stopped collecting with the Dreamcast and don't have any of the last-gen or current-gen consoles.

I may get a PS3 in the next year and then it will start all over again.
    Thanks for indulging my gaming habit when I was young, Dad. You were the best. I miss you. ~David Barnes 1926-2007~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Besides nice games to PC-engine, Saturn and Dreamcast my collecting obsession is Treasure. I try to find all the games, all the OST:s, all the guids, so much merchandice as I can, posters etc. etc. So if someone here have something nice Treasure related to sell/trade just let me know:-).

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Rogmeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

After buying hardly any GameCube games last year, I've really been concentrating on those for the last few. I want to bring my collection up to an even hundred games at which point I might consder that collection done and then move onto another systerm (possibly Xbox) and concentrate on that until it also reaches 100 games. I currently have the following on order:

Radio Allergy
    Alien Hominid
    Chibi Robo
    Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
    Zoocube
    Super Bubble Pop
    Odama