Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

Default Annoying PS3 thing.

Anyone know anyway to kill the music that automatically plays for games in your games list?

Specifically, I just downloaded the Cash, Money Chaos demo (or whatever it is) and it plays a LOUD annoying pop punk song whenever it's selected. It's also the first game in my demo list, right after whatever disc I have in the machine. So if I pop a disc out, it defaults to that and the music starts blasting.

Really fucking annoying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    walrusmonger
    PSN
    walrusmonger

I doubt there's a way, but whats just as bad is the motorstorm demo BOOMING music.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, the music ruins Motorstorm. I'd rather hear the sounds of mudd splattering and engines then some annoying music. Thank god you can turn off the music in the full version.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There isn't anyway to turn off this annoying issue, at least not yet, but there are a couple of ways to deal with it.

1. The most recent demo that you've downloaded will be the first demo to show up after bootup. Pick one that is silent. I can't remember off the top of my head which ones are silent, but I know that Guns, Cash, Chaos and Motorstorm are the worst. Turismo HD is probably the 3rd worst. I think Genji might be a quiet one, but I'm not 100 percent positive. If you've already downloaded a quiet one previously, then erase it, and re-download it.

2. Make a new user id. This way, when you first turn on your PS3, you will be presented with two user id's first, and you choose one to sign in, and then it will go to the annoying loud demo, but at least you have time to prepare for it. I highly suggest making a Hong Kong user, cause sometimes there is different stuff you can downoad at the Hong Kong store. Just use a fake Hong Kong address when you are making it.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

Thanks A1! I'll try that. I was thinking it was last one first, so thanks for confirming that.

Gaad zooks, it's annoying tho. Who thought having blasting music was a good idea?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wrong View Post
    Thanks A1! I'll try that. I was thinking it was last one first, so thanks for confirming that.

Gaad zooks, it's annoying tho. Who thought having blasting music was a good idea?

You know, for about 45 days or so, I had the import version of Motorstorm, and the game itself was super loud too. I'm not sure why the fuck they did that. Everytime I would play that game, I would have to turn my receiver down 12 clicks, before firing it up, otherwise the thing would just blast, and my wife and neighbors would get pissed. Hopefully, the USA version of Motorstorm won't have this issue. It's not that big of a deal once you get used to it, but it's annoying to have to remember to turn your stereo down 20 percent before playing a certain game.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post
    You know, for about 45 days or so, I had the import version of Motorstorm, and the game itself was super loud too. I'm not sure why the fuck they did that. Everytime I would play that game, I would have to turn my receiver down 12 clicks, before firing it up, otherwise the thing would just blast, and my wife and neighbors would get pissed. Hopefully, the USA version of Motorstorm won't have this issue. It's not that big of a deal once you get used to it, but it's annoying to have to remember to turn your stereo down 20 percent before playing a certain game.
    Amen.

I hate the idea of using something like a line leveler, but if the volume levels in this generation of gaming are going to be so all over the map, I lay be forced to.