Thread: Major League Baseball 2K7 for DS: Any Thoughts?

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Rogmeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Major League Baseball 2K7 for DS: Any Thoughts?

I've pre-ordered Major League Baseball 2K7 for the Nintendo DS which is listed as coming out on March 5...I've ordered it from Amazon.com so I can cancel that order until the day they actually ship it (or at least begin the shipping process).; I was wondering if anyone had any information or thoughts on this game. Baseball is my favorite sport to play as far as video games go. I do have one baseball game I can play on this system (Baseball Advance, a GBA game) but it's horribly outdated. SS Jack Wilson is the one player on my Pittsburgh Pirates team that's actually still with the team in real-life...heck, some of the guys they list for the Pirates have retired! I'm mainly interested in whether this new game will be fun to play and if I'll be able to see everything. I have no problem making out the images on Baseball Advance so I'm hoping that won't be an issue. I hope to get some feedback (or find some online reviews) before the game officially comes out in two weeks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, 2K's got the MLB exclusive for the time being, so you're not going to get another baseball game on the go. The console 2K MLB titles have ranged from good to extremely good the past several years, IMHO, and I imagine this will follow suit as much as possible on the DS. As a company that lost the NFL license, 2K Sports will certainly guard MLB quite closely and probably won't ship a poor game.

Besides, it adds another non-football sports game to the DS ... I'm still waiting on an NBA and NHL entry. We all know how much revenue sports games pull in the US from looking through used game bins, so a game like MLB 2K7 can only be a good thing money-wise for the DS ecosystem.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm trying to figure out which platform to go for on this title. I love my 360 and imagine this will be good on that system. However, I like playing baseball on the go too. PSP or DS? PSP will look nicer but the DS has been getting more love lately. Also, I'm guessing that the second screen will work well with a baseball title.

RC

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Rogmeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

One thing I worry about is when a company is making one game on so many platforms. Will they all be good...decent, even? And I did buy last year's edition on the GameCube. At first, I thought it was very good...I still don't think it's horrible but it could have been better. For my home console, I will continue to play MVP Baseball...even though nothing is really new, I just love playing that one. And I do want a portable baseball game, hence my interest in the DS version of this.