Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another pushy buyer that needs to calm down

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Another pushy buyer that needs to calm down

I recently sold a 25.00 Dillard's gift card on Ebay. The auction ended a few days ago. The day it ended, I received payment via Paypal and the item was shipped out. Last night I received a message from the buyer that read as such:

i need my feedback and when i resive the card

Ok, so I'm inerpreting this as "Hi, I was wondering if the item has been shipped so I can estimate when to expect it. Also, when will feedback be left?" Therefore, I replied with:

You should be receiving the gift card very soon. Once you have received, please leave positive feedback for me, and in turn feedback will be left for you.

Thanks

Now, all is well... until this afternoon when I check Ebay again:

no i need my feedback first the pasment good so i need my feedback and im not goona give you feedback until you give me feedback and if you not gonna give me positive very soon you resive the - feedback from me and i dont care you can put - but if you give me + and everything is good on card you resive + after i resive the card

Ok, so I used to advocate giving feedback as soon as payment was received. But I quickly learned that that method leaves you very vulnerable to pissed buyers. Like this guy. Thoughts?
    Negative, negative! We have a Wildcat destabilization of the ship's fusion core!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    walrusmonger
    PSN
    walrusmonger

Check out the other feedback he left for people to see if he is just pulling your leg or not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    walrusmonger
    PSN
    walrusmonger

"resive the brok item and he never give me my money back"

That's feedback the asshole left for someone else. They have 2 feedback and you have 38. I would say don't leave them anything and see what happens, only because 38 feedback isn't so high and they will most likley say you never sent the card and are a fraud (tarnishing your feedback anyway) if you leave them positive feedback or not.

In cases like this I wish there was a "ban all morons" button on ebay.
    GOOD LUCK!

Well if this helps anyone out, at least we all know to ban this ebay user.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, so here's another message I just received:

i dont care i just give you + when u resive my + i cant trust anybody no more sorry and if you give me - i get my money back frompaypal also so i im not resive + from 24 hrs you resive - and i get my money back from paypal

To which I replied:
    I don't have any reason to give you a negative. You paid promptly once the auction was over. If for some reason the item is unsatisfactory, you let me know and we'll work it out. I'll either refund your money or get you a replacement. I do not think that threatening me with negative feedback from the get-go was a very wise course of action. I also see that you gave user leslien333 negative feedback after he/she had given you a positive. If that happened there, what is the motivation for me to leave feedback first? It is usually customary for buyers to leave feedback first, after they have received the item. In any case, you can see that I have been a member since 2004 and have 100% positive feedback. I promise, I am not out to get you. I sent the card to the address you had listed with Paypal. You should receive it soon.

Thanks.
    Negative, negative! We have a Wildcat destabilization of the ship's fusion core!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    walrusmonger
    PSN
    walrusmonger

If they are a confirmed buyer, then don't worry. If not, make sure you don't have any money in your paypal account since they will probably try to file with paypal no matter what.

Sadly, this is either a really smart scam artist that knows exactly how to work around the loopholes, or an incredibly stupid person that has a very low IQ. Either way, you're not going to be happy with the outcome from what I can tell

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by walrusmonger View Post
    Sadly, this is either a really smart scam artist that knows exactly how to work around the loopholes, or an incredibly stupid person that has a very low IQ. Either way, you're not going to be happy with the outcome from what I can tell
    I'll vote for the troglodyte gen-X'er.. thank you. (Gawd I loathe people who write in that fashion.).

But as my friend pointed out the other day.. numerous news articles have been done on how illiterate the current generation is becoming due to the media they hang out on (text messaging, chatrooms.. uhm.. forums). Surprisingly though.. some of these people are doctors.. wait a minute.. no.. I'm NOT surprised.

I'd just let it go.. it's not worth the frustration. It looks like he might end up with both his money refunded.. and the card. Like someone else said.. we should ALL petition evilBay for "idiot-filters". This is what happens when you've lived in the Ozarks all your life.

Reminds me of a line the lead actress said in Texas Chainsaw Massacre last night:

"Do you f*ck all of your cousins?.. or only the ones you find attractive?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Personally, I don't even communicate with people like this unless I absolutely have to. In this case, communication is not going to solve anything. He wants instant feedback and an exact delivery date, neither of which you are going to provide (rightfully so), so there is no point bickering back and forth about it.

If you shipped the item to the correct address, he'll get it in due time and be happy. No need to email or even think about the transaction any more.

In the imcredibly unlikely event he ends up being a scamster or a psychopath, just deal with it as it comes. It sounds like it's just some stupid impatient kid.
    ________
    HONDA INTERCEPTOR HISTORY
    Last edited by ryborg; 05-08-2011 at 05:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You DID put delivery confirmation on this didn't you? I put it on EVERY sale of mine.. whether it cost me OR them. It's the ONLY way PukePal will side with you.. especially if his address was confirmed.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's funny, you go to Atari Age, and they will chastise you for not giving feedback AS SOON AS SOMEONE PAYS. They believe you are holdiing feedback hostage.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I generally leave feedback for buyers once they tell me that they have received the item, either by e-mailing me or by leaving me feedback. If they do neither of these things (and I do ask them to let me know when they receive it most times), then I don't leave any at all. The transaction isn't complete until the buyer receives the item, so I don't understand why someone would demand it right away.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I certainly sympathize with buyers on this (not this guy, though, he's clearly an ass) since their side of the transaction is complete. What else can they do than pay super fast? Leave positive feedback for you first? Well, then you pretty much are holding feedback ransom.

Ideally sellers should leave feedback as soon as payment clears and is timely. Then buyers should give every opportunity for the seller to fix a problem if one occurs. That's ideal, but unfortunately some buyers don't give that chance, or fabricate problems to try to make a quick buck. Sad, but true. That's why as a seller I've taken to withholding feedback in most cases until it is received, unless the communication has been very very good or it is a very simple item. Just another example of the few bad apples...

Sounds like the atariage people are idealistic, and good for them, we need that. But I wouldn't be able to collect what games/systems I do if I wasn't able to sell off the extra stuff, so I have to play the ebay games to get as much as I can.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i am a buyer only on ebay and i usually check if they leave feedback for others first before i leave mine, if they dont leave feedback i wont leave feedback

i would send an email saying i got the item and everything looks good, and i am leaving feedback, so please do the same when you get the time

90% of the time i do this i get my feedback as well, the ones that leave feedback every 3 months kinda drive me up a wall alittle, but atleast they do it.
    very rarely would i get a positive first for paying

the 2 negatives i got were from shady sellers, one sold me a cracked guardian heroes that arrived still seated in in the saturn case holder, and before i left a neg i tried to work it out but after being accused of being a scam artist i left a neg for that idiot, and the other was a $7 shipping charge problem for one loose CD, i contacted him before for auction ended and we worked out a $5 shipping charge for priority mail but he shipped the CD only in a bubble mailer for 80 cents or something, he told me tough thats what we agreed apon, so i negged him and he did the same saying i never contacted him

i quit buying on ebay mostly because of idiot sellers, and its getting worse every year
    Join the 3DO Chat here -- http://www.3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmi_Is_God View Post
    i am a buyer only on ebay and i usually check if they leave feedback for others first before i leave mine, if they dont leave feedback i wont leave feedback

i would send an email saying i got the item and everything looks good, and i am leaving feedback, so please do the same when you get the time

90% of the time i do this i get my feedback as well, the ones that leave feedback every 3 months kinda drive me up a wall alittle, but atleast they do it.
    very rarely would i get a positive first for paying

the 2 negatives i got were from shady sellers, one sold me a cracked guardian heroes that arrived still seated in in the saturn case holder, and before i left a neg i tried to work it out but after being accused of being a scam artist i left a neg for that idiot, and the other was a $7 shipping charge problem for one loose CD, i contacted him before for auction ended and we worked out a $5 shipping charge for priority mail but he shipped the CD only in a bubble mailer for 80 cents or something, he told me tough thats what we agreed apon, so i negged him and he did the same saying i never contacted him

i quit buying on ebay mostly because of idiot sellers, and its getting worse every year
    The problem with this and the post before it is that you guys are rational human beings. If everyone was a rational human being then I'm sure all or most sellers would leave feedback first. Unfortunately , thanks to people like the one in the original post, sellers find they will get burned if they do it. As with most things a few idiots spoil it for everyone else.

I used to believe as you do , that sellers should leave feedback first. I did this for the few first months I was selling on ebay. Unfortunately it got to the point where only about half the buyers were leaving me feedback at all. I am missing a good 100 feedbacks now.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Before i used to give feedback right after i shipped the item, i never had a problem with it. But the last year or so i havnt done it because of the "fear" of revenge negative. It havnt happend, but better to be safe than sorry. I ask the buyer to send me a mail when he/she recieve the stuff so i know that its been delivered. Then i sometimes leave feedback or i wait to get it first before i leave myself.

The buyer is actually right tho. If the buyer pays promply, but never recieve the item(s) and then leave negative feedback, alot of sellers leave revenge negative. I dont see why the seller would leave a negative if the payment is being done promptly, thats what matters the most. Or, if they seller say that he/she doesnt take responcibility for lost mail of insurance isnt used i can understand it. But the feedback system for Ebay is very fragile, it could be much better, but Ebay is too big to check out every feedback case like unfair negative etc.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It works both ways for buying and selling. But from seller point of view, I stopped giving feedback first. Used to give feedback right after payment was received, never bothered or gave it a second thought. But then a couple of people gave me negatives for stupid shit (Asking for media mail and then complaining that it took 10 days instead of 2 to 3 days to arrive and another one just because I had perfect feedback and didn't care). This happened within days of each other and after getting burned I don't leave feedback 1st anymore. I guess some do spoil it for the rest of us

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I stopped doing it because people file claims with PayPal after you leave them feedback if they are INTL bidders. Most INTL bidders have unconfirmed addresses, so when you ship to them, you take 100% risk. Only way you can tell if they are scammers is through THEIR feedback.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i really hate ebay anymore....It sucks that it's the best place to find things. They should get an entire new feedback system, but I'm not sure it's possible. ebay is just broken.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I for one never care for the feedback when I was selling on eBay.
    I only sold to selective few countries and only via Paypal.

What I normally did was did not list the shipping charges and when the auction was over I usually wait till the buyer contacted me first for the shipping charges. I mean I didn't do that to make living so why the hell would I have to do the hard yard. Sure if the buyer did not want to honour the auction that's fine by me. Just leave the negative feedback and get one myself in return...

I think people on eBay are obsessed with the feedback to the unhealthy level...

---
    To the topic if I were you I'd ignore after his first message.
    If the buyer left the negative feedback he/she will get the same.
    No need to worry over 100% positive feedback - for me 100% or 95% all the same when I shop around...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTR View Post
    It's funny, you go to Atari Age, and they will chastise you for not giving feedback AS SOON AS SOMEONE PAYS. They believe you are holdiing feedback hostage.
    Yeah well that might work here or on AA but not on eBay. Looks like every seller in this thread has gone from leaving feedback immediately after payment to waiting.

In these days of eBay scams, I don't think a buyer has completed their end of the deal until they've received the item and left positive feedback. Even then they can still get you. If they make a Paypal claim the positive feedback they left won't matter.

Payment alone doesn't end the buyer's responsibility. Unfortunately proving you're not a scammer is now necessary to complete a transaction even when buying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You know, as someone who buys stuff on ebay, if someone gets a negative, I just read the seller's comments after. I usually think that most people who give negatives are being unreasonable, for the reasons given above.
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them