Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ratchet and Clank for PS3

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Ratchet and Clank for PS3

Anybody seen the Ratchet and Clank screenshots in the April EGM? I just got my issue today, and I must say, if those pics are real......those can't be real....can they?

Last edited by Anthony1; 03-10-2007 at 07:39 PM.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I saw some screenshots online where it shows a skeleton robot and a robot with 1 tooth + some enviorment stuff. Are those the same? If so, ye, the look great!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post
    Anybody seen the Ratchet and Clank screenshots in the April EGM? I just got my issue today, and I must say, if those pics are real......those can't be real....can they?
    I didn't get my issue yet (your lucky because i still have to read the March issue when i take a shit ) hope it comes Monday so i can see what your talking about.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

updated first post and added scans from the mag from some German website. Sorry the quality is ass, that's all I could find while searching Google images. I've seen better scans floating around out there, but I can't find them anymore.

All I know, is after looking at those pictures, if that is real, if that is actual gameplay, then bye bye 360, lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

updated first post and added scans from the mag from some German website. Sorry the quality is ass, that's all I could find while searching Google images. I've seen better scans floating around out there, but I can't find them anymore.

All I know, is after looking at those pictures, if that is real, if that is actual gameplay, then bye bye 360, lol.
    Bye Bye 360? Why do you try and claim to not be a total graphics whore and then speculate one game will kill an entire other platform purely on its graphics? The pics look good, but this game wont sell me a PS3 any more so than the earlier ones did a PS2, which is not at all.
    Bacon, Bacon, Bacon, IT'S BACON!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh my, that does look nice. I wonder how it'll play... on one hand, I'd love to see something in the style of Up Your Arsenal, which is one of my favorite third person shooters ever...on the other, I'd love to see something in the style of Going Commando, with less emphasis on the third person shooting and more on really well designed, larger levels.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Silljo View Post
    Bye Bye 360? Why do you try and claim to not be a total graphics whore and then speculate one game will kill an entire other platform purely on its graphics? The pics look good, but this game wont sell me a PS3 any more so than the earlier ones did a PS2, which is not at all.

The Bye Bye 360 comment was a joke, ok. Don't you remember my "360 will Win" post? I still feel that the 360 is going to absolutely dominate this generation (at least early on, much like the Genesis dominated 16-bit gaming early on), but goodness gracious, those Ratchet screens look impressive. The PS3 really needs some games that look like they might not have been able to run on a Xbox 360. These pics, if real, appear to validate the PS3 as the No.1 graphical powerhouse of the 3 competitors. Nothing more, nothing less.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'll wait and see how good the game is, though the graphics do look good. But unlike you, I don't play games and watch movies just to see pretty graphics. It also needs to be fun.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_Ames View Post
    But unlike you, I don't play games and watch movies just to see pretty graphics. It also needs to be fun.

Fun? What the heck is that?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I need a little help here. Ratchet always had great graphics but what makes these pictures so great from any other game preview snapshot?

Paging killzone and that was cough video.
    neo geo system

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gepeto View Post
    I need a little help here. Ratchet always had great graphics but what makes these pictures so great from any other game preview snapshot?

Uhh, I did say....

if those pics are real......those can't be real....can they?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's a game for a Sony platform. Of course they aren't real.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pretty much everyone attached to the Killzone video said straight up that it was prerendered. The only people saying otherwise were Sony's PR Hype Monkeys and Internet Fanboys.

And driving this further into Killzone-land, I hope to god Killzone 2 isn't as buggy as Killzone. I loved the game, but god damn was it buggy (and choppy ).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ratchet was my favorite series last generation (tied with Kingdom Hearts). I've probably got 200 hours on both Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal.

Hopefully Insomniac can still make funny cutscenes. Their new commercials aren't as good as the old ones. And hopefully they will still have the option for the third person controls. I tried playing through Up Your Arsenal and Deadlocked with the lock-strafe but it wasn't as fun for me. I can see how it would be better to use lock-strafe in online though.

Looks like we'll get to fight many more enemies a lot bigger than Ratchet this time. It also looks like Ratchet still has his goofy walk

Any more information? Like new weapons, if it has more platforming, better wrench combat, etc.
    "Tell her you want to slide a hot throbbing cartridge in her warm tight console port. And if it starts blinking and flashing to just slide it back out and blow on it a little."--Sothy

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last edited by Nintendo Gamer; 01-24-2016 at 06:33 PM.

Pear (Level 6) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vinnysdad
    PSN
    Vinnysdad

Quote Originally Posted by R-21 View Post
    Sony hate is killing me.

No kidding. Anytime anyone says anything remotely positive about Sony here comes the haters to crap on it. Those screens look nice though. Gameplay should be just as good since all Ratchet games so far have been.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    GarrettCRW
    PSN
    GarrettCRW

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnysdad View Post
    No kidding. Anytime anyone says anything remotely positive about Sony here comes the haters to crap on it. Those screens look nice though. Gameplay should be just as good since all Ratchet games so far have been.
    And best of all, Insomniac hasn't tossed the series off to amateurs like they did with Spyro.
    Webmaster of the Cartoon Review Website!
    http://www.cartoonreviewsite.com

My sale thread

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well having a ps3 with hardly any great games is killing me.
    I don't think there is alot of hate. I think it is a combo of little hate and alot of massive dissapointment. I love sony and I have a system but I think people don't want talk or hype we want games. I don't want annoitments I want hot next gen games. People spent 600 plus dollars.
    I had it since it came out and other than resistance the only game for me since it was released was formula 1 which I love. Don't blame us blame sony.
    I did my part. E3 2005 is over get the games out so we can play.
    Last edited by gepeto; 03-11-2007 at 07:42 AM.
    neo geo system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well having a ps3 with hardly any great games is killing me.
    I don't think there is alot of hate. I think it is a combo of little hate and alot of massive dissapointment. I love sony and I have a system but I think people don't want talk or hype we want games. I don't want annoitments I want hot next gen games. People spent 600 plus dollars.
    I had it since it came out and other than resistance the only game for me since it was released was formula 1 which I love. Don't blame us blame sony.
    I did my part. E3 2005 is over get the games out so we can play.

Maybe not you, but there are people on this board that see a pro PS3 thread and jump right in and crap on it. Check every Sony thread out there that starts out postive. The same people come in and either talk about how the wii is better or just bash sony altogether. I just wonder if they hate the system so much, why do they bothter posting? You do not see this happen in the pro wii threads. I like seeing other people's opinion, but with sony threads it is quite ridiculous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Blatt
    PSN
    AGBulls

I think questioning the potential quality of a new Ratchet game seems really odd. The previous four games have all been of stellar quality, with Going Commando winning multiple GOTY awards. Why should the new one not live up to these standards? Do people question the potential quality of a new Zelda, Mario or Halo game? This is clearly just more anti-Sony people jumping on the bandwagon.

I think a LOT of people want to see the system fail because they can't afford it. If you can't afford a PS3 and the games on it are shitty--that's good for you as it further justifies you not having it. But if the system gets stellar titles (and it will) those who can't afford it will get jealous of those that have one. At this point, Resistance, Motostorm and Virtua Fighter don't conjure up this type of ownership jealousy.

If Ratchet launches this year, I would expect it to be HUGE for the system. System seller? Maybe, maybe not as its too early to say. But I can say that those of you that don't own a PS3 will be seeing more and more of these types of games in the next 4 months being announced. And, eventually, the anti-PS3/can't afford it bandwagon/the games on it suck/ talk will have to end.
    Parallel universe. Bush, destitute, joins army.

Check out my Gaming Comic: www.GreeneSide.com