Thread: Complaining through Ebay

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Complaining through Ebay

About 6-7 weeks ago i bought a game on Ebay and payed the next day. Today, i still havnt gotten any game. I've been in contact with the seller a few time and he gives me bullshit reasons why he hasnt sent it. Last mail i got from him was 6 days ago where he promised to send it. I also payed for secure tracking, but i havnt heard shit from him about any tracking number or that he said he have sent it.

He have offered me refund numerous of time, making me wonder if he has sold the game to another person. I want the game instead and i dont want him to get off the hook that easy just by refunding. I was thinking of filling out a complaint to Ebay mostly to "scare" him, to show him that i wont wait any longer.

How does this work?

- Will he get an e-mail from Ebay saying that a buyer have complained on him?

- Will Ebay just transfer the case to Paypal (thats how i payed), if so, its been over 45 days since i've payed, what will happend then?

- Is it possible to cancel an Ebay complaint, like you can on Paypal?
    Last edited by jajaja; 03-11-2007 at 06:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The problem is that if you try to file a dispute through ebay it they will redirect you to the paypal complaint process.

Now what you can do: Once you are at the screen that says "open a dispute: continue to paypal"

Find the link at the bottom of the paragraph "please continue with eBay's Item Not Received process."

Then select other for the payment for example and open the claim, maybe if the seller is green they will get scared and refund the money. You wont be able to actually go though with the claim but it may be enough to scare them.

You could also tell them that you have 10-60 days to file a cliam with ebay and that if you dont get the item within that 60 day limit you will have to report them to ebay and get your cash back. You do only have 60 days i think so keep that in mind. Make the email nice and spiffy like you expect to get your payment back and you have done this before.:

Hi

I still have not recived my item. Its okay that you were unable to get it shipped as things come up, so a refund would probably be the best solution at this point.

Ebay has a 60 day time limit during which I can file a item not recieved claim to get my payment refunded to me. Please send a refund by XXX/XXX or I will have to open the claim since that is the deadline for me to report it. I dont want ebay to limit access to your account over something like this, so I would rather avoid opening a complaint altogether and just go the refund route.

I look foreward to hearing back from you

thank you

Just a thought, since the 45 day paypal window has closed on you. If they dont fall for the trick you are out of luck I fear, i hope the amount wasnt too much.

BTW whats the idiot sellers id, I will make note to avoid him.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the help I dont think getting refund directly from the seller would be a problem, but as i said, im sure he sold the game to another, which pisses me off! I even asked him about it and he said he still had it (what else could he say hehe), but i dont belive it now. I dont want him to get off the hook just by refunding the money and all is forgotten, thats too easy for him.

Do you know if its possible to cancel an Ebay complaint? Say that he actually DO have the game and send it after i complain, then i will cancel (if possible) the complaint of course.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Yes you can cancel after starting one, but in general, if you paid through Paypal you raise the problem there instead.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How do i do it? Under Paypal i know how to, but what about under Ebay?

Hm.. ye, maybe i should take it up with Paypal too, but i doubt the complaint would even go through because of 45 days have passed. I just want to complaint on him, im sure he will refund if i demand it since he had offered me refund like 3-4 times now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here is the ebay link:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/inr-snad-process.html

But like i mentioned in my previous post you have to hit a second link and choose another payment option as ebay will try to divert you to paypal.

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jajaja View Post
    How do i do it? Under Paypal i know how to, but what about under Ebay?

Hm.. ye, maybe i should take it up with Paypal too, but i doubt the complaint would even go through because of 45 days have passed. I just want to complaint on him, im sure he will refund if i demand it since he had offered me refund like 3-4 times now.
    How'd it turn out?