Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: The Great South Florida Thread

Apple (Level 5) Shadow Kisuragi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The same pricing structure for Play-N-Trade is used in the Orlando area as well for base prices: $3-$4 for NES, $4-$5 for SNES, $1 for sports games.

I haven't hit up a pawn shop in a while. I might hit up a couple pawn shops tomorrow just to scout what they have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I still need to stop by a Play n Trade,I never been into one before.
    But last week I did score some super fami games from my local craigslist and I got them for a great price.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Also I wanted to ask if anyone knows of some good import game stores in the Tampa area.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

Randomly hit up a few places after having breakfast with a buddy and ended up scoring a few things.

Went to the thrift store on 441 and Hollywood and scored a copy of Phantasy Star for $3,w whats even more amazing is that it came with the original box and instruction booklet. The box is in perfect condition and the instruction booklet is surprisingly fully intact, only the font cover is ripped a bit. Then the Goodwill on Hallandale Beach Blvd I found a N64 with 3 controllers and all of the cords for $10, plus a copy of Mario 64 w/ instructions for $3.

It's really nothing special, but hey it's the most I've gotten in months and it was really interesting to see a Master System game in the wild, which is something I haven't seen since I was about 7.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

probably a big bump here, but I found this thread and felt a need to post. I just recently got into collecting nes and snes games and I was looking for some places that I can make a day out of going to and scooping up some games.

my question is, is the swap shop really a decent place to pick some stuff up at? at this point Im trying to build a collection and looking to pick up games at a decent price , more than trying to pick up rare stuff, eventually ill get there ( I collect vinyl records too so im no stranger to the collecting game). I live in coral springs so any decent feedback and reccomendations would be awesome, also, first post

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's not really good or bad. It's hit and miss, like any other place. Sometimes you'll find great stuff, sometimes you'll find zilch. It's definitely worth checking out though.
    Selling gaming accessories. Click

Insert Coin (Level 0) fuchikoma's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Moved from Ft Lauderdale to Port St Lucie and there is nooooothiiiing up here.

1 PnT. They actually had a pretty varied collection but then they moved across the street and the owner keeps anything pre-PS1 locked up in the back.
    MAX 330 MEGA
    PRO-GEAR SPEC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, i'm in ft lauderdale (lauderdale by the sea specificly ). Besides the swap shop, where can i go to get old games? Pawn shops have been a crap shoot. Also, the local play & trade is the most overpriced store i've ever seen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Headed east on 441 untill I hit the coast, tons and tons of pawn shops but not much of anything was found, made maybe like $40.00. Didn't help that I went so late in the day, planning on going west early today since those neighborhoods are bad the further west youngo. Hopefully it won't matter as much in the morning.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ThoughtBomb

Hey it's been a bit since I've been on here, but I've got some items on sale (comics, games) that I'm desperately trying to get rid of. If anyone in the 305 is interested please hit me up, at this point I just want to clear out some closet space.
    Oh no! The truck have started to move!!

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wingzrow View Post
    Well, i'm in ft lauderdale (lauderdale by the sea specificly ). Besides the swap shop, where can i go to get old games? Pawn shops have been a crap shoot. Also, the local play & trade is the most overpriced store i've ever seen.
    Depends what you've got already. Also depends on the season. Last spring was good to most of us regulars out there. Found a super rare Gamecube game, some sealed NES games, and some semi-valuable CIB Genesis titles. Bookmark this link:
    miami.craigslist.org/brw
    and check the Electronics, Toys & Games, and Video Gaming sections frequently. There's a lot of scalpers, but you'll find something eventually. It's how me and FamicomFreak landed some sealed NES titles
    Selling gaming accessories. Click

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm hoping to make a trip to the swap shop again in a few weeks. We'll see how things go. Iw as in Orlando two weeks ago and found some pretty cool stuff, including House of the Dead for Saturn, and a boxed Power Base Converter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I've been pretty busy lately and haven't done much hunting. The one or two times I actually did make it out, I diddn't see much of anything at the flea markets or thrift stores. Kind of slow around these parts. I plan to make it over to the Swap Shop in the next few weeks, so hopefully that trip will produce some good finds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

A buddy of mine called me up yesterday and told me that CD Trader in Sheridan Plaza had some older games there. I checked it out today and they had some NES, SNES, Genesis, PS1 N64 and Dreamcast games there. They had quite a few Genesis games with their original boxes and 2 NES games that were still boxed as well, there wasn't a huge selection, but hey it's good for a generally dry area

I asked the guy if they'd continue to sell the games, he said that as long as people bring the games in they'll continue selling them and he also said that it's something he's been dreaming of for a while. So that's good news for me, since now I won't have to rely on the crummy thrift stores as much.

Anyway I ended up grabbing Crystalis (NES, $6), Super Mario All-Stars (SNES, $9), Shadow Tower (PSX $5) and Mischief Makers (N64, $6), so I ended up getting some good games at a decent price.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know it's not really SOUTH Florida, but if anyone in the Tampa Bay area is looking for a good retro store, I highly recommend R.U.Game? in Tampa. They have a sizable inventory and many import titles (mostly FC, SFC, and N64), not to mention they usually have better prices and trade-in values than Play N' Trade (ex. PNT had a SFC copy of F-Zero for $20, I got one at R.U.Game for $3). They also offer student discounts on all used items (which is great, considering it is just down the road from USF, just in case anyone here attends there as well). Check it out if you're in the area.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

Found a few decent games at CD Trader again, luckily I had just received a Visa gift card, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to afford any of it.

TMNT III - The Manhattan Project (NES) $4.99
    Double Dragon (NES) $4.99
    Shadowgate 64 (N64, Complete) $5.99
    Shemnue (Dreamcast, Complete) $14.99 - Been wanting this for a while, never saw it at Play N Trade when there was one around me, so I was pretty psyched when I saw it in the case

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

South Florida retro gamer reporting in! Besides Swap Shop and a local Play n Trade, there aren't really any stores that regularly carry retro games...

Such a shame.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    zebrassss

I know this is a south florida thread, but does anyone know of any good places in Orlando? All the thrift stores never seem to have anything, and I've only been to one flea market since I moved here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johno590 View Post
    I know this is a south florida thread, but does anyone know of any good places in Orlando? All the thrift stores never seem to have anything, and I've only been to one flea market since I moved here.
    There's a decent flea market in Sanford called Flea World, it's just outside of Orlando.

Pretzel (Level 4) LaughingMAN.S9's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Quote Originally Posted by johno590 View Post

the only one i ever went to in orlando moved or shut down, it used to be on bumby, close to the skate shops beta & covert, their selection sucked anyway, so it wasnt too big of a loss

best places to go are the flea market in sanford which isnt to far north from orlando like has been suggested, there are a couple of retro booths and they all usually give you good deals if u buy a couple or are a regular, havent been in like 2 years tho, so maybe its changed

if you ever make it to kissimmee theres one on 192 that just opened, he used to operate closer to my house but then got new ownership and the guy running it is a fucking dick, he acts like he's the one doing me a favor by allowing me the priviedge to spend money there, i havent been to the new location but it used to be pretty decent before the move so...there u go
    "Kidnap the presidents wife without a plan..."