Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: The Great South Florida Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    zebrassss

Thanks; I've been to the flea market at Sanford and there were a few booths, but nothing spectacular. This was a year ago, and I had kinda lost my passion for collecting, I was looking more for MTG cards at the time.

I actually live right across the street from the Hobby Spot, but if I recall most of their prices were kinda steep.

I'll keep looking around here, I need to go to more yard sales then maybe I'll stumble upon something.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Nothing

I've been looking for any retro games and systems. I recently went to the Flea Market on Sample Road. There was nothing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, I'm back, sorta, kinda, still on the hunt.

I've been hitting up the CD Trader on Sheridan lately. Picked up a couple R5 rarity genesis games there.

Does anyone know of any other CD/Movie trader type places in the area? I need a different kind of store to supplement my thrift runs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Ok, I'm back, sorta, kinda, still on the hunt.

I've been hitting up the CD Trader on Sheridan lately. Picked up a couple R5 rarity genesis games there.

Does anyone know of any other CD/Movie trader type places in the area? I need a different kind of store to supplement my thrift runs.
    Stay out of my territory!

But seriously, CD Trader is awesome with their prices on their games, they never overcharge even on games that would call for it. I've scored a few goodies there, but been avoiding going there due to my low income at the moment. I don't know of any other places to go to and the thrift stores have been dry as ever this summer, only place I see any games at anymore is the thrift store in the back of the plaza on Hollywood Blvd and 441. It's hit or miss like everywhere else, but every once in a while you'll find some good stuff, it's where I got my complete copy of Phantasy Star.

Sometimes you'll see a Dreamcast or an original XBOX at a random pawn shop, but we're pretty damn dry when it comes to games in my neck of the woods.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    vertigoprocess

Yoooo i live in south floridaaaaaaaa.... and i'm actually opening a retro game store next year...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exit...dude. I only started going there cause you mentioned it once

I picked up Fire Shark and Rastan Saga II over the weekend there. I traded in some random ps2/xbox/360 games and I had enough to cover those two and Chakan.

They have a few more at the moment, all stuff I don't have so I dunno. I'm broke as hell but I have some CDs and vinyl I can part with if I can trade it.

Also, that big thrift on hollywood and 441. I like it cause you NEVER know what you'll find. I found a Saitek x52 pro set there for $16. Just needed the jumper cable between bases which I got off of monoprice for $1! They did have a cib Marko for genesis in one of the bins behind the counter, but it was $8 and I didn't really feel like paying that much. The lady there will usually just let me back there to look through them since they are so busy most of the time. Haven't really found anything else yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

My only problem with that thrift store is they don't take debit/credit for purchases under $10 I believe, which always poses a problem since I almost never carry cash on me and I'm not about to run to an ATM to get a $3 game. I had to let a complete copy of Blade Runner (PC) and a Super Gameboy behind because of this, so I usually avoid going there if I don't have any cash on me.

I think there's a Play N Trade on Flamingo that opened about a year ago, but I'm not about to drive there just for that and they tend to be grossly overpriced anyway. I've been meaning to print out a list of thrift stores off of Google Map and spend a day checking them out to see which ones are worthwhile, but I just don't have the time or money right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    vertigoprocess

and i've been ignored...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You haven't been ignored. It's just that "I'm opening a store next year" isn't as helpful as "I'm opening a store tomorrow and all DP members get a discount"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    vertigoprocess

well more pretty much useless information, have you guys heard of gorilla games? they sold stuff for all of the retro systems, use to go there every week, but the 2 stores that were in my area shut down... don't think the whole company went under cuz they franchise, there might be some more further south still you guys should check them out.

I actually due pretty well hitting yard sales every Saturday find all kinds of n64 stuff and every few weeks i find nes and snes stuff too.

I live up in boca area by the way so i'm not really in the Miami region

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I keep seeing ads on Craigslist for Gorilla Games in the Wellington Mall, but that's so damn far away from most of us down here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    vertigoprocess

I keep seeing ads on Craigslist for Gorilla Games in the Wellington Mall, but that's so damn far away from most of us down here.
    it's worth checking out at least once, they're kind of on the expensive side but not every thing is grossly over priced.

I picked up a copy of ninja gaiden 1 for NES with box and manual for like 10 bucks I think... thought it was a ok deal.

but they got NES SNES N64 Genesis saturn dreamcast... all that stuff... even spoted a 32x in there once and even at one point they had a whole slew of master system games for like 5 bucks a pop with case and manual... unfortunately at the time i didn't know if my master system worked so i only picked up one just to test it.... had the original receipt of purchase in it, thought that was pretty cool...

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by exit View Post
    My only problem with that thrift store is they don't take debit/credit for purchases under $10 I believe, which always poses a problem since I almost never carry cash on me and I'm not about to run to an ATM to get a $3 game. I had to let a complete copy of Blade Runner (PC) and a Super Gameboy behind because of this, so I usually avoid going there if I don't have any cash on me.

I think there's a Play N Trade on Flamingo that opened about a year ago, but I'm not about to drive there just for that and they tend to be grossly overpriced anyway. I've been meaning to print out a list of thrift stores off of Google Map and spend a day checking them out to see which ones are worthwhile, but I just don't have the time or money right now.
    I've been to that PnT a few times. It's good stuff actually. Paid $5 for a copy of Fire N Ice for NES, a game which goes for $40+. One of my other friends said he got Knuckles Chaotix there for about the same price.
    Selling gaming accessories. Click

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The PnT off of sheridan and flamingo? I passed by there a couple months ago and it was closed...wasn't it?

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The PnT off of sheridan and flamingo? I passed by there a couple months ago and it was closed...wasn't it?
    It's closed already?! I don't know, I moved back to Naples last year.
    Selling gaming accessories. Click

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

Quote Originally Posted by BetaWolf47 View Post
    It's closed already?! I don't know, I moved back to Naples last year.
    I guess it must have closed already, according to Google Maps there's one in Miami on NW 87th Avenu, Ft Lauderdale on 2370 N Federal Hwy and Coconut Creek on 4425 Lyons Rd. I could have sworn that one in Miami had shut down well over a year ago, so maybe they re-opened, or it's a completely new one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    vertigoprocess

Quote Originally Posted by exit View Post
    I guess it must have closed already, according to Google Maps there's one in Miami on NW 87th Avenu, Ft Lauderdale on 2370 N Federal Hwy and Coconut Creek on 4425 Lyons Rd. I could have sworn that one in Miami had shut down well over a year ago, so maybe they re-opened, or it's a completely new one.
    I know they are a franchise so I don't think it would close then re open...
    Hardware Collection

Nintendo: NES, SNES (Model 1 and 2), N64, GCN, Wii, Gameboy Classic, Gameboy Pocket (Model 1 and 2), Gameboy Color, GBA, SP (Model 1), DS, DS Lite, DSI
    Sega: SMS (Model 1), Genesis (Model 1, 1.5, 2, 3), 32X, Saturn (Model 2), Dreamcast, Nomad, Game Gear
    Atari: 2600 (Heavy Sixer, Sixer, Four Switch, Sunnyvalle, Vader, JR Short rainbow, JR, Sears Four, Sears Sixer), 5200 (4 Port), 7800 PRO
    MIS.: Magnavox CD-I, 3DO FZ-1, 3DO Goldstar, TG 16, Intellivision, Action Max, XBox, 360, PSX, PS3, PSP, Wonderswan B/W, Game Com, NEO GEO Pocket Color

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just found this ad on craigslist. Anyone interested?

http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/vgm/2678771052.html

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ive found a lot of games on CL , but not one console :@ (well Ive found N64 console for $50 FML) any ideas where to find a N64 or gamecube in sarasota for a decent price?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

not an atari guy, but Im sure there'll be some gems in there!!