Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by exit View Post
    Well I just got back from a hunt and came up empty. What really grinds my gears is the pawnshop that had Suikoden II, fucking wants $84 for it because "that's what it goes for on e-bay." Now I've heard about these kinds of things before, but Jesus fucking Christ, just sell it on e-bay asshole.

If it was complete I'd pay that gladly. Beats $120 on ebay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So, anything interesting found this weekend? I picked up a few things, well, things I had previously bought but didn't take possession of until this weekend. I'll be taking pictures and posting them up as soon as I get home tonight.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I live in MA but I went to Cocoa Beach and Daytona this past week. I went into a few pawn shops and a flea marlet and found

mint Silent Hill non GH- $5
    PS1 Samurai Shodown 3 - $5
    PS2 World of Outlaws: Sprint Cars - $15
    Sega Saturn Bug Too - $10
    Sega CD Lords of Thunder - $10
    Sega CD Heart of the Alien - $10

and a couple semi common atari2600 games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok all, I finally got around to taking pics. Nothing was exactly found in the wild, but they are mine nonetheless.

Note: They average over 500k, so if anyone is still on dialup, grab a cup of coffee.

1) A lot of 5 games from merriman_bk right here on the DP forums
    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/robert...e2.jpg&.src=ph

2) The holo-cover Space Channel 5 I got from the DP store.

3) The games I got with my Dreamcast, some are burned, but I'll be replacing those with CiB versions soon enough.

4) Grandia II, came with the Dreamcast but I forgot to put it with the others in the first pic.

5) Dreamcast and Controllers

6) The PS2 lot I picked up.

Details:
    Ok, the Dreamcast came from a friend who was getting rid of it All the games have save files on the VMU with EVERYTHING unlocked. This kid is a freak when it comes to 100% completion in games. It came with:
    - The system
    - 3 Controllers
    - VMU
    - A/V Cables (blech)
    - Grandia II
    - Chef's Love Shack
    - PSO v2
    - Soul Calibur
    - Soul Fighter
    - Utopia BootDisk
    - Marvel Vs Capcom 2 (CDR)
    - Jet Grind Radio (CDR)
    - Virtual Tennis (CDR)

I also got the PS2 from the same kid. It needs to be slapped to turn on, but otherwise works perfectly. It came with:
    - The system
    - S-Vid / AV cable
    - Metal Gear Solid 2 (GH)
    - Metal Gear Solid 3
    - S.O.C.O.M. (GH)
    - Jam Pack Demo volume 11

Both the DC and PS2 came out to...$70.

The games from merriman_bk:
    - Starlancer
    - Sonic Adventure
    - Sega Smash Pack vol 1
    - Ecco
    - Omikron

Plus I got Space Channel 5 Holo cover on my recent pilgrimage to the DP store. Thanks Joe!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If any of you get over to Ft Myers/Cape Coral area I've got a few places you might want to check. They may still be viable, or they may be obsolete. May also be asking eBay prices by now <sigh> It's been just about two years since I moved from the area.

First, look up a place called Abcd in Cape Coral. Formerly located on Del Prado before Charley hit, but relocated to Hancock Bridge Parkway after building damage forced temporary closure. Nice guy, ok prices. If you have breathing problems beware, as incense is sold/used there.

There are also 2 pawn shops I used to stop at in close proximity.

I can't remember the name of the first (USA Pawn, maybe?), which was in the process of looking to move when I left the area. If you take Hancock Bridge Parkway east (from Abcd) to the end (Tamiami Trail/Rt 41) you'd make a left at the light, and an immediate right into the parking lot of the small shopping area.

There was also the somewhat over-priced King's Pawn (or some such name) which I stopped at once. It was a few blocks up (north) on left side. It didn't handle video games at the time, but may be worth a look-see if it's still there.

Last is Larry's, on Bayshore, east of Rt 41. I should say east of BOTH Rt 41's Business Rt and Tamiami Trail) PSX games were $10 there, and is where I got my FFVII. They had other systems and games there, too. Just continue north on 41 and make a right on to Bayshore. The yellow building on the right is kinda hard to miss. If you go by the Shell station you've gone to far. If you reach I-75 you're about 5 miles past it.

Hope this helps... someone, anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Alright, find report for this weekend.

Not much, only a couple of things. Both are from the Goodwill in Skylake; Miami Gardens Drive and 18th Ave, in the publix shopping plaza...

GEN Syndicate, in the box but no manual for $2.
    Star Trek Action Pack, box with 4cd case and "manual", $6
    (Voyager Elite Force w/expansion pack; Armada I & II)

I'll have pics up as soon as I take them. Otherwise, not so bad. I've been looking for the Trek games cheap so I got something I wanted.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bassgrabber View Post
    If any of you get over to Ft Myers/Cape Coral area I've got a few places you might want to check. They may still be viable, or they may be obsolete. May also be asking eBay prices by now <sigh> It's been just about two years since I moved from the area.
    Nice to see someone (formerly) from Fort Myers / Cape Coral... I had the "luck" of being born in Fort Myers, and I'm still here 22 years later.

King's Pawn is no longer in business, and I don't think they ever had games anyway, so no loss. Larry's is decent, but doesn't have too much as far as selection goes.

A.B.CD's is probably the best bet, in terms of selection and pricing, but even they don't have a great amount to offer.

There's a place called Silver Platter on U.S. 41 across from the Edison Mall that used to have a lot of good stuff. Unfortunately, the owner eBays most of it, but it's still worth a look.

In reference to the earlier post about keeping want lists up, good idea. We can help each other out. If anyone else is from this area, speak up! We're few and far between out here...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sup guys I live out in miami collect nes snes , got some other stuff too . If any has some nes carts for sale or trade let me know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Welcome! Nice to see another face inhabiting the hell of south florida.

Post up a want list, reports of good spots, finds, whatever!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CreativeOnlineSurname View Post
    Nice to see someone (formerly) from Fort Myers / Cape Coral... I had the "luck" of being born in Fort Myers, and I'm still here 22 years later.

King's Pawn is no longer in business, and I don't think they ever had games anyway, so no loss. Larry's is decent, but doesn't have too much as far as selection goes.

A.B.CD's is probably the best bet, in terms of selection and pricing, but even they don't have a great amount to offer.

There's a place called Silver Platter on U.S. 41 across from the Edison Mall that used to have a lot of good stuff. Unfortunately, the owner eBays most of it, but it's still worth a look.

In reference to the earlier post about keeping want lists up, good idea. We can help each other out. If anyone else is from this area, speak up! We're few and far between out here...
    I live in Ft. Myers ;-P Yea I was at Silver Platter not too long ago, picked up REsident Evil 2 for PSX for $12 which was good. Fleamasters has some good deals if you shop the garage sale lots around the main building. Got a complete Altered Beast for Genesis for $3 and Final Fantasy in the box for NES for $10. I love all the games they have at Mario World but she is so over priced on all her stuff. Theres a new game store called Play and Trade just off of US-41 across from the Page Field Commons. They carry some used NES,SNES,Genesis, N64 games, decent prices too. If anyone knows of anywhere else let me know, i collect everything from Atari 2600 to NES, SNES Genny, Saturn and Dreamcast.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mario World has an awesome selection, but horrible prices, and the guy who owns it is just a total prick, so I hate shopping there.

There's another Play-N-Trade in Cape Coral near Santa Barbara and Veterans', and I saw one out in Lehigh recently but I didn't have the time to go in. It was off of Colonial, or whatever the road calls itself when you get out to Lehigh. Another place to look would be the flea market on Ortiz. There are a lot of people with games to get rid of, with no clue as to their value.

Anyone who feels like picking something up if they see it, I'm trying my damnedest to track down Project Justice for Dreamcast. Help a brother out!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ill keep an out out for ya, maybe some weekend we can get a few people from our area together and hit up fleamarkets and thrift stores in the surrounding cities.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Single Player Gamer's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm super late to the thread but its nice to see others in the community....unfortunately I'm in Gainesville and all my best finds are in Orlando/ Sanford. Well I won't jack your thread, just think its cool when I see other gamers in the same state.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    Ill keep an out out for ya, maybe some weekend we can get a few people from our area together and hit up fleamarkets and thrift stores in the surrounding cities.
    That's actually a great idea, as none of my friends are into video games enough to go hunting for them. Plus the fact that road trips are awesome. This is assuming that there are more than two Lee County people here. We can't be the only ones.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CreativeOnlineSurname View Post
    That's actually a great idea, as none of my friends are into video games enough to go hunting for them. Plus the fact that road trips are awesome. This is assuming that there are more than two Lee County people here. We can't be the only ones.
    We'll see if anyone else replies and is interested, come on people!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm up for it, it's just got to be a weekend I'm not broke and don't have to work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

Well I went browsing at the usual places today and I ended up finding Typing of the Dead (PC) for $2 at the Salvation Army. Other than that, it was the usual nothing.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I must say yesterday was one of the best hunting days I have ever had. First stop goodwill and picked up Alien Trilogy for Saturn for $6. Next stop was at Family Thrift where I got my best deal of the day, 2 atari 2600 mini's with controllers and about 38 games for $35, most of the carts were in good condition and both systems worked so that was a plus. Stopped by the Salvation Army off of Fowler and got Caesars Palace 2 for PSX for $2, hit up Silver Platter and got Frogger for 2600 for $1 and boxed Vectorman for Genesis for $5. Last stop was at play and trade and got Bible Adventures for NES for $3. A very good day indeed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I live!

Heh, ok. After a long break from anything even remotely collecting related.

Went to the thrift mall in Hialeah today. Picked up a few things. Only item gaming wise was a loose NES Miracle Piano cart. Got an original issue movie Klingon Cruiser model kit, two still-shrinkwrapped MiniDiscs (awesome, needed those), and a few books and stuff.

I do have one gripe. My dad is a flight sim junkie and I saw an Ultimate Flight III compilation box set in one of those plastic baggies they throw up on the hooks. Tag said 2.95 so I grab it. It's supposed to have three games in it, this one ended up having one game and the empty sleeves for the other two. Fucking pissed me off.

So, how has it been for everyone else?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

Well I did my every once and awhile visit to the Salvation Army, while I didn't find jack there (like usual), I stopped at Game Stop and I was treated to a nice surprise. There was a bin that had some N64, NES and SNES games in it. Well I don't have a N64 and the SNES games were just crappy sports titles, I did snag up the decent looking NES carts.

Tiger-Heli
    Kid Riki
    Cobra Command
    Digger T. Rock
    Commando
    Goonies 2
    Frankenstein: The Monster Returns
    Silver Surfer

I would've snagged them all. but like I said, these were mostly all the good ones minus the doubles and the one golf game. I went to the other GS's in my area, but this was the only one that had any left, so I guess I finally got my first haul.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre