Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great South Florida Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fuchikoma View Post
    My PnT experiences have been mixed. On one hand, it seems they'll accept anything for trade. I've scored a WD Arc The Lad hardcover guide and a couple saturn imports.

On the other hand, since they're franchises, there doesn't seem to be much regulation. For example, the aventura store on biscayne blvd sells bootleg limited edition DS Lites. The actual hardware looks newish but the cases and boxes are all HK knockoffs. The owner (I assume) started giving me grief when I pointed this out after looking at one. Also, there's no central database for the 10% member cards. Each location wants me to replace my current card with one from their store, and I've even had it denied (pembroke pines store).
    Wow really I didn't know that about the NDS. Who knew?? Anyways, I had good experiences there the last couple of trips. Like today, I got Castlevania Symphony of the Night for 9 bucks! I'm also taking advantage of their buy 2 get 2 free on their used ps2, cube, and xbox games since I missed many of them. They don't seem to get much NES stuff though....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hit up a few thrifts today, my normal route for the most part.

Goodwill on Miami Gardens and E 18th in Skylake:
    Nothing there really, a few loose PS1 sports titles, a broken madcatz dreamcast controller, and some old gameport PC joysticks.

Goodwill on Taft and 62ndish:
    Game wise, a few loose NES commons for $3 a piece. Nothing I needed really. Left them there in a nice pretty pile in plain site. I guarantee they'll be all over the place by the morning. I *did* like always walk out with a stack of paperbacks. Love that place.

SA on University and Johnson:
    A few random ps1 tiger woods and maddens, blah blah. Not even a few books to add to my collection.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

My friend told me that there is going to be a new thrift store opening around Hallandale Bch and I95, not quite sure exactly when it's going to open, but I'll post when it does. I hit up the Johnson Salvation Army today just because I was in the area and left empty handed like usual. The real disappointment of today was that I saw that the Suncoast/FYE that was right next to the Goodwill shut down, which suck because I actually had a few CDs in mind that I wanted to pick up.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Goodwill on Taft and 62ndish:
    Game wise, a few loose NES commons for $3 a piece. Nothing I needed really. Left them there in a nice pretty pile in plain site. I guarantee they'll be all over the place by the morning. I *did* like always walk out with a stack of paperbacks. Love that place.
    Any of the NES games good? I'm always glad to find anything decent. I was at that Goodwill recently and that's where I got Sol-Feace for Sega CD :P

I also scored Mega Man 6 at the Play N Trade on Flamingo Rd. and Miramar Pkwy for $15 on Tuesday. Decent price, but the label isn't in the best shape. But hey, it's the first time I've ever seen it, and it's possibly my favorite Mega Man for NES.

To anyone interested, I spotted some Genesis and Master System games at Goodwill by Pines Blvd and Palm Ave (or is it Hiatus Rd?). They had CIB Parlour Games and Great Baseball for SMS, Aladdin, Ecco 1, and some weird game for Genesis, and also a copy of Ken Griffy Jr. for SNES.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BetaWolf47 View Post
    Any of the NES games good? I'm always glad to find anything decent. I was at that Goodwill recently and that's where I got Sol-Feace for Sega CD :P

I also scored Mega Man 6 at the Play N Trade on Flamingo Rd. and Miramar Pkwy for $15 on Tuesday. Decent price, but the label isn't in the best shape. But hey, it's the first time I've ever seen it, and it's possibly my favorite Mega Man for NES.

To anyone interested, I spotted some Genesis and Master System games at Goodwill by Pines Blvd and Palm Ave (or is it Hiatus Rd?). They had CIB Parlour Games and Great Baseball for SMS, Aladdin, Ecco 1, and some weird game for Genesis, and also a copy of Ken Griffy Jr. for SNES.
    I *knew* I forgot something! I stopped there too and picked up a few of those. The 2 SMS games and the Aladdin and Super Tecmo Bowl. The girl at the register had no idea what they were priced. The SMS games were labled .50 and 3.00 so she gave me all 4 for the .50 cents. I should have gotten the others too, but I didn't want to be greedy.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

It's so weird that there's so many South Florida members but no one else in Palm Beach County. It's not like this is a small area or anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daria View Post
    It's so weird that there's so many South Florida members but no one else in Palm Beach County. It's not like this is a small area or anything.
    I'm in Broward, somewhat close.

...you wouldn't happen to have a Master System, would you?

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob
    I *knew* I forgot something! I stopped there too and picked up a few of those. The 2 SMS games and the Aladdin and Super Tecmo Bowl. The girl at the register had no idea what they were priced. The SMS games were labled .50 and 3.00 so she gave me all 4 for the .50 cents. I should have gotten the others too, but I didn't want to be greedy.
    Yep, I organized them in that neat pile by the VHS tapes. They used to be all over the place.
    Last edited by BetaWolf47; 06-04-2009 at 05:16 PM.
    Selling gaming accessories. Click

Apple (Level 5) Shadow Kisuragi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm from Palm Beach County, and moved to Central Florida for school. The job market is much better up here and cost of living is much lower in comparison to Palm Beach.

Speaking of which...any good places in Palm Beach, Daria? I have family there and my fiancee's dad is pretty interested in helping me with my collection. Congrats on your recent PS1 RPG collection as well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I made a run to the same three places again today after a cardiologists appt on my way to work.

GW Taft: Nothing. just a few more books and a $2 logitech usb gamepad I needed for mame on my macbook

SA Johnson: Useless as always

GW Pines: They still had the leftover genny and SNES games from last time, f22, ecco, ken griffey blah blah. I walked over to the kids toys section and...a stack of SNES games.

All for $2:
    Final Fantasy II
    Super Mario World
    Super Return of the Jedi
    SimCity

and CiB for the same price, Midway's Arcade's Greatest Hits.

Eh, not too bad. A couple of decent games to play on my model 2 snes, which I've still never actually used.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    All for $2:
    Final Fantasy II
    Damn, I didn't know the GW had that. Been looking for it. Is it a duplicate for you? Interested in a transaction?

Also, what were those "computers"?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Kisuragi View Post
    Speaking of which...any good places in Palm Beach, Daria?
    Heh. No.

Place sucks. There's a couple chains around but they're terribly priced.

BetaWolf: No I don't have a master system. Well, I do. But it's not a trade item. o.O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Damn, I didn't know the GW had that. Been looking for it. Is it a duplicate for you? Interested in a transaction?

Also, what were those "computers"?
    Actually, just typewriters. I used to be into typewriter and Word Processor collecting. There were a few brother and smith corona units. What I think you saw were the floppy drives on some of them. Most used standard 3.5" drives and disks but some had freaky custom disk sizes.

yeah, i didn't see that stack of SNES carts the last time either...they must have just pulled them from the back, there were about 6 of the "new" stock bins in the middle of the floor and the ladies were shelving them all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

JustRob, I've been looking for SNES RPGs for a while though. Though there's a lot for the taking where I'm originally from, SNES RPGs are still extremely scarce. In fact, I did see FF2 in addition to FF3, Chrono Trigger, and SMRPG, but I didn't have the place's asking price at the time. As of now, the only SNES RPG I own is The 7th Saga.

Would you be willing to sell that copy of FF2, or is it your only one?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't collect the japanese RPGs if I don't absolutely have to. Most just piss me off, so, all yours dude. Got anything on a trade list?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmm, not a whole lot. Let's see:
    Myst (Mac)
    Myst (Saturn, CIB)
    Game Action Replay (NES) *RARE*
    Aero the Acro-Bat (Gen, box or CIB... forgot)
    Clayfighter 63 1/3 (N64)
    Harvest Moon GBC (GBC)
    Mortal Kombat 3 (SNES, very poor condition)
    RBI Baseball 3 (NES)
    Super Battletank 2 (SNES, good but has permanent marker)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

JustRob, I've been looking for SNES RPGs for a while though. Though there's a lot for the taking where I'm originally from, SNES RPGs are still extremely scarce. In fact, I did see FF2 in addition to FF3, Chrono Trigger, and SMRPG, but I didn't have the place's asking price at the time. As of now, the only SNES RPG I own is The 7th Saga.

Would you be willing to sell that copy of FF2, or is it your only one?
    I have a friend who's selling Secret of Mana. She was asking $25 last time I spoke to her.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool, where at? I might be interested.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

I posted a topic for her here. She just asked me to try and find a buyer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

Well today must have been my lucky day, because I struck it pretty big, at least for where my area is concerned. After dropping my buddy off at work, I decided to hit the thrift stores in the plaza on University and 441 since it's on my way back.

Think Thrift (I think that's the name)

I scored a copy of Tomb Raider Last Revelation for about $2 for Dramcast, in great condition at that.

Now in the bigger thrift store I was quite surprised when I looked behind the glass counter and saw a box neatly lined with NES games, I asked the girl to see them and since it was busy, she let me go behind the counter. They were $2.99 each, which may be kind of steep a few of them I grabbed, but considering that even if I got them off of ebay for 99 cents I would still end up paying more with shipping costs and they did all came with dust covers (and seem to be in great condition) so that makes up for it.

Mario/Duck Hunt
    Ghostbusters
    Top Gun
    Rad Racer
    Off Road
    Hogan's Alley
    Othello
    Double Dragon II
    Mystery Quest
    Darkman
    Blades of Steel (I seemed to have confused this with Rollergames, should have looked at the cart)
    A Boy and His Blob

I then decided to try my luck and hit up the Salvation Army on Johnson and University, of course absolutely nothing. Then I hit up the Goodwill on Pines and Univerisity and after being teased on seeing a few good things on the CD rack that ended up being empty, or just the wrong game in general, I was able to score a Game Boy Color for $2. It had battery's, a copy of Super Mario Land in it and it worked, so that was the icing on the cake.

I also hit up the Pawn Shop in downtown Hollywood by Young Circle for the hell of it, haven't been there since I got a "It's that price on E-Bay!" response from one of the guys there when I inquired in a PSX game, but I'm glad I did because I was able to get a copy of Haunting Ground for $10 and I've been looking for that game for a while.

So today indeed was my day, the best haul I've ever had.

I also have a suggestion to make, we should compile a list of all the thrift stores in our area and make a map out of it. That way it'll be easier for all of us and help weed out the good areas from the bad. It could also make trading easier, since we could just meet at a neutral spot and do business there.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm all for a meetup area.

These are my spots:

-SA on Johnson and University (only been there once, crap)
    -Goodwill on Pines and Palm Ave/Hiatus Rd (not University, but close)
    -Play N Trade on Miramar and Flamingo. Lazy employees, but good selection from time to time. I've gotten Mega Man VI and a few other good games here. Also got some great deals from their predecessor on Pines.