Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: $1,000

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto19XX View Post
    The Master System would be the easiest, and closest to the $1000 mark. As was said before, the 7800 would follow.

Id also think that you could manage a complete 5200 collection, maybe Intellivision. (Im thinking how low the prices for intv stuff currently is)

R-Zone would be obtainable as well
    Intellivision... eee. Maybe, but doubtful. I've got a complete Intellivision collection, and I'm pretty sure it cost me more than $1000, and I got some of the rarer games for really low prices. Especially considering how high Spiker! and the other later-releases have been going lately.
    As many other people said, Master system is doable. But it would be tough. I've got a complete SMS collection, I probably spent about a grand on the whole thing.
    N64? Bleh, Maybe, but only if you get a LOT of the games at some big sale where they are selling off ex-rentals for $1 a pop. What I've been finding is that a LOT of the non-sports N64 games, when boxed/complete, go for $10-$20, which is fairly high for an average price of a game. And there is like 300 games for the N64, so that would be tough. However, there aren't very many extremely expensive ones, just a few that are around $50. I still need about 50 N64 games to complete the library, and I'm pretty sure I've spent more than a grand.
    Now, Dreamcast. That would be hard. However, I have a 100% CIB Dreamcast collection and it only cost me $1500 Canadian, which is about $1200 US. Possible, but hard.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Atari 5200 and 7800 aren't fair game because they have far less than 100 games each. There's many junk systems with less than 100 games that you could collect for less than $1000. So I think that's why Gorez threw in the 100+ clause-- makes it more challenging.

Now I'm not too familiar with these two: but how about a Texas Instruments TI99/4A? I own one after finding it at a thrift shop and games seem to go quite cheaply for it from what I've seen. Plus, it has almost exactly 100 games for it, so it's not as implausible as the N64 or DC which have larger libraries. Only question, does it fall under console or home computer?

The other one, which I know even less about, is the WonderSwan. Yes, you would be importing everything but it's a fairly recent console with close to 200 games-- anyone know the plausibility of collecting its complete library for $1000?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would go for Sega Genesis, because, at the cheap prices most of the games are (remember, MOST) it wouldn't be hard, plus, I already have a pretty good sized colection.

Lightgunner Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cryomancer

Sega CD SHOULD be possible, if you did it "locally" and didn't facot in gas and fast food.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The 32x, atari lynx and virtual boy complete sets can! And there are prolly a lot many others too

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

oh with 1k id be able to finsih my psx collection, gba collection, snes and nes and *MAYBE* genesis.

keep in mind that my collections arent 'every game released' type thing. but still for psx it runs well over 150 games. (i only have like 5 or so left)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

love everyones responses. for me i think it may be possible to get a complete Sega CD under 1k, and probably all but 25 games or so of the Saturn library for 1k. seems like alot of you think its possible to complete a SMS collection for 1k...i dont think it would be possible for me. as for N64, i dont think you could come close to completing a collection with 1k.

Jumpman - Ill give you 1200$ for a complete dreamcast collection you know you want to sell it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

$1000 eh
    I'd get my last missing title for 7800, Tank Command, there's $500.00 gone already.
    I get Battlesphere for Jaguar, there's $300.00 gone already
    plus two Japanese VB titles (maybe $100 each)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

US Master System would be easy enough, unless you want to fork out $200+ for the "US Sonic" with it's all-important UPC sticker.

To back that up, there was a complete US SMS collection sold on eBay recently for $810, albeit missing a few manuals (and probably not the "US Sonic").

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't think I could complete a specific game collection for $1000.

It's not that one grand isn't enough, I just don't think there is a game system I own, or would own, that I'd want every single game for.

The $1,000 would probably be used to help out with my current collection as far as finding boxes & manuals.

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    GarrettCRW
    PSN
    GarrettCRW

With a grand, I'd be able to polish off my Genny/Sega CD/32X collections, or come real close (the only real bankbusters I desire and don't already own are Snatcher and the Shining Force games, with a possibility of wanting the Spider-Man game for 32X). I might even be able to put a dent in my TurboGrafx collection, as well.
    Webmaster of the Cartoon Review Website!
    http://www.cartoonreviewsite.com

My sale thread

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If these are complete in box, you can't do 7800, why is everyone saying you can? There are two titles alone that run $200 apiece at least, and one is never around at all.

I don't think you can do Lynx either, there are a GRIP of $30 games, not including stupid stuff that never shows up from Telegames and Lemmings which is pricey.

Intellivision for under $1000???? Maybe cart only, but that system is EXPENSIVE for boxes. One game ALONE fetches $600, and I am not counting crap like Conversational French for that Master COmponent Computer thingy...

Damn, some of you guys have some crazy low numbers on these systems!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Make it 1000 of the Queen's finest, and we'll be going on a bit of an AES shopping trip. But $1000 is only £520, although I could still get Twinkle Star Sprites and a conversion of Shock Troopers for that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wrldstrman View Post
    I belive ive seen complete boxed collections of the 7800 for sale on ebay before for less than a 1.000.00
    Yeah, you're right.
    I remember about a year and a half ago a CIB collection sold for $650 or something like that. I was going to buy it, but I had to go to a gaming expo a few weeks after the auction ended and I really wanted some spending money.
    I'm quite sure it was 100% CIB as well, with a lot of the games being sealed. I even think there was that weird loose cart thing that not many people consider part of a complete collection.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last edited by DefaultGen; 03-12-2023 at 08:25 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Nice question but honestly, I'd want to START one or two collections with that money.

So gorez, are we permitted to buy a new system under the guidelines in your first post? If so, I'd probably grab the US/NTSC Amiga CD32. Then again, I picked up a CD-I recently and could use a lot of the $1,000 to pad that library. A friend of mine here, Shawn, might give me a hard time if I had $1,000 to burn and didn't grab the CD-I Zelda games So would a few of my friends and family who I told about the CD-I and want me to buy those Zelda games pronto, so they can see them in person. I'd certainly get those and Hotel Mario with $1,000.

But the first thing I might do is try and find the Amiga CD32 and a couple of games for it. I like more obscure systems like that and would actually grab that ahead of a whole bunch of other systems I don't have like the Turbo Duo (or any Turbo console), Super NES, Neo Geo, Atari 2600/5200/7800, Colecovision, Intellivision, Sega Master System, Commodore 64, Jaguar CD, Lynx, etc.

Hell, maybe I'd just try and get as many of THOSE as I could for $1,000. After the 3-4 "big" CD-I games, though. Does trying to finish my "system collection" count? I prefer hoarding systems to games and don't have more than 40-50 games for any given console.
    Last edited by bangtango; 03-15-2007 at 12:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Game.com, I bet...though $1000 wouldn't get you the Symphony prototype (if it still exists/can be found).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Poofta! View Post
    oh with 1k id be able to finsih my psx collection
    You have a head start. As there's over 1000 games for the system, it's basically impossible even if you were willing to settle for the worst disc-only games. A few amazing for sale ads could get you most of the way there...it's still going to be out of the reach of most mortals.

For myself, I could likely get all the games I *want* for many systems with $1000, even NES, Genesis, or whatever. Definitely for N64 and SMS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gorez View Post
    Jumpman - Ill give you 1200$ for a complete dreamcast collection you know you want to sell it
    Heh. That baby's not going anywhere for a long time. It looks too nice on my shelves.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last edited by DefaultGen; 03-12-2023 at 09:13 PM.