Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long does it usually take to ship things to Canada from the US?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's VERY random. Sometimes I'll get a package in less than a week from the US...sometimes 2+ weeks. Mostly due to customs and border problems usually...or if customs decides to search your package it takes longer to process. It's kind of a pain in the ass. Same goes for shipping the other way. I've had packages get from Ontario to Cali in less than a week and had them take almost a month too.
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'll vouch for tmlfan as well, he's entirely trustworthy. Maybe he's over reacting, it's taken anywhere from 1 week to 2 months for me to get parcels from across Canada before. Canada Customs can really come down hard on parcels at times that come from the US and then they'll hold them seemingly forever before letting them go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've had variable success. Like a week ago, I got a package from Portland. It took 3 days to get here. A few years ago, I had something take 3-4 weeks. It was held up at customs, and they made me pay a $10 fee (for a $10 item :P). It seems odd to me how they pick and chose which things to pay a customs charge for.

Four weeks is getting awfully late though.
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I just realized, I got a game from a Canadian seller in less than four days. And I'm in freakin' Southern California.

Weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow

For the Record people I am not over-reacting. I sent a simple message to agbulls and mentioned its been 3 weeks or so since he said he shipped the 3 games (as he mentioned in the last message he sent that it will take 4-7 days), So I sent a message to get an update, thats all.

here is the exchange

Quote Originally Posted by tmlfan
    Hi

just wondering about the psx games a bought, I havent gotten them yet, its been about 3 weeks or so

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by agbulls
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by agbulls
    Hi tmlfan,

Your PSX games shipped today via USPS air mail. You should have them in 4-7 days. Let me know if you have questions!

Thanks,
    AG
    Just a harmless hey, anything new on your end, I have been buying and selling stuff for 10 years now, I understand about cross border transactions etc. I wont post the response I got back from my question, but it wasn't appreciated in the manner it was posed to me.

regardless, I am not the one over-reacting, sending an accusatory message and posting a whole thread about it.

I have never ripped anyone off through buying and selling here, on cgcc or ebay, so I dont think there are any worries, if i had gotten the games I would have said thanks for the games instead.

anyways, I agree its to early to start threads like this, I asked a simple question to keep the communication lines open, as a big sign of getting taken is that a seller stops responding to your questions.

thats all