Thread: Free sniping on Goofbay

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Free sniping on Goofbay

Have just found that you there is now an unlimited free sniping facility on goofbay. Has anyone used this much, & can give an assessment of its reliability?

I have half a mind to set up dual snipes on esnipe and goofbay for a while, with the goofbay one a couple of seconds earlier and slightly higher - so that if goofbay works & I win then I get the snipe free, but I'm backed up with esnipe if for any reason the goofbay snipe fails to get placed ... but that's quite a hassle.

If anyone can verify that goofbay snipes are reliable then I might give it the benefit of the doubt and just go with that alone.
    "The last time a nation did what a bush told them to do, they ended up wandering 40 years in the wilderness ... " - Anonymous

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Never really checked those 2 websites, but the way I understand it is that there's 2 types of auction tools.. ones registered from a website server that will place the bid on your part from their server... and ones that are stand-alone program you run on your PC which will place the bid on your part from your own PC...

So based on this, the most reliable ones are the second category of sniper tool... and personally I use Auction Sentry on my computer... never failed me in over a year or 2 of use.. you should take a look, easy to use, constantly updated, and the licence is like $10 (you can take a few free snipes with the demo)... for the peace of mind that this thing has given me, it's definitely pocket change...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In order to use a sniping service wouldn't you have to provide the company (or their software) with your eBay user name and password? There's no way in hell i'd do that.