Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has anyone ever had a complete ps1 collection?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The new "possibility" as far as games go is a jewel case (double actually) of "Shockwave Assault", I swear by the gods of that is Kaboom that I saw AND held it in my hands as the Game Crazy near my house. I didn't buy it at the time because it didn't have a manual and i recall it being like $24 or some such nonsense.

Got home to research ebay, noticed no one had it, and when i went back a few days later, it was gone. Haven't seen it since. And now I don't know if that was a dream, a figmentive imagination, or I just have the dumbest rational when it came to not scooping something up. The MK3 was confirmed / speculated by man and finally proven...I ain't never had anyone comment on this one. Maybe it's time I make a ransom page.

EA confirmed there was no Diablo 4 player. The game ran slow-as-shit with two, I'd hate to see 4.

Victor himself claims there's no 9th disc art made, as it may have been skipped by sony's approval process for whatever reason.

As for Easter Bunny's Rarity, it's not rare, nor in demand. At any given time you can find $3/4 new copies of it on ebay. Compare that to a game like, US Pink Panther (none on ebay) and you start to see the difference. Hell, I didn't even know there was a Pink Panther game till I stumbled upon it back in the day....on ebay. >_<;;;

Off to ice the wrist, tomorrow is the doctors.

Jason

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerboy View Post

I have a list...of unconfirmed....

What have you devil man...WHAT HAVE YOU?!!?!?!?!
    BWAHAHAHAHHAHA

Can't tell ya. It's against the rules.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

my memory is spotty on stuff like this, but i vaguely reecall seeing a double jewel of shockwave assault too. ill keep my eyes open for it, i went to check my stuff because i thought i had one. i remember the design, but i havent been into psx for that long....maybe one will turn up. i havent been able to find that alternate syphon filter 3 since seeing it new either...

and now im wondering what the secret possession of papastus is....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerboy View Post
    Compare that to a game like, US Pink Panther (none on ebay) and you start to see the difference. Hell, I didn't even know there was a Pink Panther game till I stumbled upon it back in the day....on ebay. >_<;;;
    Incidentally, while working on the US PS1 entries on VGrebirth, the only way I was able to confirm that game existed was, well, your own site. JP version is strangely plentiful, though!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As is the Pal one.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wait, now im really confused. is the rarity guide screwed up? it has pink panther at a scarcity 2.

How am i supposed to know which games to buy when i dont know the rare ass games from the others?

good thing my ex-gf loves pink panther i guess.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good luck on getting a complete set for the ps1. Definately takes a lot of time but luckily I bought tons of them for cheap when places were clearancing them out. Plus gamestop/EB used to check the disks and most games were available complete. Today is different story, seems everything is disk only. I only need 3 games for a complete US collection (2 budget games and the fifa 2005). I'm not even trying to find all the different variants. I have enough problems finding space to display and play all of the games. Some of the games are greatest hits versions but I always tried to swap for the originals when I could but never obssessed about it. I can't even imagine trying to get a japanese ps1 collection. The amount of games for it would be more than 10 other systems collections combined. My advice is to take your time and jump on deals for lots as they lower costs considerably. But at this stage in the game, finding mint games and complete gonna be much tougher. Plus RPG games will run you a pretty penny

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

3 to go?!! id get on ebay today(even though i hate ebay shopping) and buy em up...especially if they arent hard to find titles.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am right at 1000 for my collection and none are greatest hits. I also have about 65 long boxes some are variations. I might sell them all at the same time to buy a new car or at least make a down payment.
    If you are ever in St louis stop by my store Trade-N-Games. I have a huge selection of vintage games along with the new systems. Or shop online now www.tradengames.com
    Jason

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm looking to finish the ps1 collection but also not in a hurry to pay more than I want too. Usually been seeing the ps1 fifa game go for $20 and I'm not paying that. Maybe with time my attitude towards it might change but in no rush.