Thread: Fluid Ps1 what did ppl think of this game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Fluid Ps1 what did ppl think of this game

My copy of fluid arrived today (ebay). I read an online review http://www.absolute-playstation.com/...iew/rfluid.htm and was pretty interested in playing this game as i`d missed it first time around. i really enjoy immersive audio/visual games. At first i found the controls to be extremely clunky but after some messing around (game had no manual) i found the game to be highly enjoyable, in fact i was pretty much addicted and needed to see what the next area contained. i`m definitely gonna be messing around with this game some more. i wish the dolphin actually did rolls and a few more movements a la ecco the dolphin on the dc.

if you havent heard of it read the review, get a copy and play it with an open mind!

i really can`t believe this didnt become an expensive classic ps1 game but then again thats to our benefit.
    Last edited by damerush; 03-14-2007 at 07:23 PM.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been wanting to buy this for a while. What do you think of it, compared to both music generators titles [Music 2000, etc], and crazy chillout titles [Aquanaut's Holiday, etc]?
    "If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I`m afraid i`ve never been able to find a copy of aquanauts holiday, it`s on my ps1 list! so i can`t really comment on the differences but what i will say is the interactivity of the underwater portion of the game leaves a lot to be desired as you are often left to feel like a passenger, this coupled with clunky controls as i have stated before is a shame but doesnt completely ruin the experience. The music editing section isn`t as customisable as music 2000 as far as i remember but then its been a long time since i`ve used that title. you can change the tempo, modulation, volume and few other options for each sample. but being able to capture your own makes it more unique.

give it a go, i managed to get mine for £2.50 inc p&p