Thread: NES, SNES boxed/carts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default NES, SNES boxed/carts

instead of getting all of these boxed...

how much money do you guys think i would save if i just tried to get a complete set of cartridges for NES? ...SNES?

ive been having a big debate on which i should focus on...cant really come up with an answer so im asking you guys. best estimates? tips? any info/help is appreciated.

thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    dylan021706

You would save a ton of money! Some games you`ll pay 3-4 times as much if you buy them complete. I`d like them complete, but I only grab them if I find a good deal or I really want it & have the extra cash. I`d work on cartridge only & grab boxes as they come to you. All depends on how much you want to spend. If I buy everything complete, there is no way I can support my modern day gaming addictions! ! Good luck!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

if i work on cartridge only, i think it would be much more difficult for me to buy only the box and manual...without having to just buy the whole game complete. ahh dont know what i should do :\

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I actually have kinda a mix atm of both of these sets.

I'm moving more towards a complete in box collection just cause I like the box art a lot.

This being said, I think a cart only NES set looks fine on the self. Most titles are have colorful and easily readable end labels. Nothing wrong with a cart only NES set imo.

With SNES I think it's a bit different. The cartriges don't stack very well, and the end labels seem smaller and harder to read to me. For SNES, I'd go complete if ya can afford it as I personally don't like how cart only SNES looks on shelves.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks udisi. those are the replies id like to see. just think it may be hard for me to get complete in box for these sets. also another downside is if i ever wanted to play any of the games its inconvenient to have to open the box rather than just opening a case. still not positive which route ill go.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I am down to needing one box, one manual one game and a complete myriad 6 in 1 for a complete nes collection..I can say NES by far and away will cost more to complete loose or boxed then snes. Nes you can expect to pay at least 700.00 to 1000.00 for each of the 3 pananesian carts complete. 2.000.00 to 3.000.00 for a complete stadium events, 400.00 to 600.00 for a complete cheetahmen 2, 1.000.00 to 2.000.00 for a complete myriad 6 in 1 cart and 400.00 to 600.00 for a complete caltron 6 in 1. Then susprise at dinosaur peak complete has been going for over 400.00 buble bobble 2 has been selling for close to 200.00 or more. then theres little samson, secret scout, moon ranger, and a few dozen more that will reach 100.00 or more, and then there are many that will sell in the 20 to 40 dollar range.

the SNES if you dont count the competition carts I dont think there are many at all that sell for over 100.00 complete and most can be picked up for 10.00 dollars or less

loose i still say you can get a complete snes collection for half of what a nes collection would cost

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last edited by DefaultGen; 03-12-2023 at 08:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i just cant see boxes being a bonus if you mainly have carts. i think on the shelf it would look ugly only with a few boxes and the rest carts. i dont know if thats just me...thats why im having such a hard time deciding.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I only bother collecting Boxed games of the games that I really love, the classics mostly, and some obscure titles that I hold dear to me.

Aiming for complete NES/SNES boxed collections is aiming pretty high, and will definately cost you at least 3 times as much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i'm personally partial to the nes mostly because you can keep them pretty much anywhere a while snes carts take up much more space. plus nes gives you that more nostalgic feeling. about the some boxed some carts problem i see boxes as surprises and keep the boxes in a separate place while the cart stays on my shelf. but a complete set is still hard to fathom. does anybody have one?