Thread: scrambled graphics on two games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default scrambled graphics on two games

I have bought the famicom version of castlevania 3 and super famicom of castlevania 4. When i load CV3 itis completl scrambled. CV4 onl when certain things happen ( i jump or whip)

is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You can try cleaning the contacts on your system/games, see if that helps. Usually cart-based games very rarely have permanent problems (at least, in my experience). Sounds like what you are describing is poor contact between the game and the system.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shawnbo42 View Post
    You can try cleaning the contacts on your system/games, see if that helps. Usually cart-based games very rarely have permanent problems (at least, in my experience). Sounds like what you are describing is poor contact between the game and the system.
    The famicom was bought brand spankin new back in october. The game has been cleaned over and over and over and over...

I got the Super Famicom game working though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, sounds like you're at 50% so far. As far as the other game goes, I would try another copy of said game. It may be that you've got yourself a bad game there. Could be a bad video rom. If that's the case, then you're stuck with either burning a new ROM, or replacing your game cart. I would say to try another copy of the game (if you have easy access to one) and see what happens. If other games work on the system with no problems, then I would say your issue is definitely in the cart.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shawnbo42 View Post
    Well, sounds like you're at 50% so far. As far as the other game goes, I would try another copy of said game. It may be that you've got yourself a bad game there. Could be a bad video rom. If that's the case, then you're stuck with either burning a new ROM, or replacing your game cart. I would say to try another copy of the game (if you have easy access to one) and see what happens. If other games work on the system with no problems, then I would say your issue is definitely in the cart.
    Yeah, like I said. the console was bought brand new, imported from Japan a few months ago. And it barley got use since the games i got with it sucked...i didn't start actually playing it until about a month ago. And every other game runs perfect. The game loads, the graphics are scrambled, and the music plays fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I would go with a bad game then. To be absolutely 100% sure, keep it, and when you can, test it on another system (if you ever come across one). Otherwise, you've got a nice looking paperweight (at least, for now).