Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: where to buy arcade machines?

  1. #1
    Cherry (Level 1) Gorez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Trussville, Alabama
    Posts
    215
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default where to buy arcade machines?

    is there a website you people buy machines off of? or where do ya guys look for them? just curious...

  2. #2
    Peach (Level 3) tonyvortex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    nw indiana
    Posts
    632
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorez View Post
    is there a website you people buy machines off of? or where do ya guys look for them? just curious...
    half the machines i have i got from a friend of a friend who fixed them up as a hobby.the other half i got off ebay.i enjoy driving off a couple hours away to pick up a new machine.its a lot of fun.you could join the KLOV message boards and talk to some people there but honestly the few times ive glanced on there i didnt feel welcome at all.

  3. #3
    Cherry (Level 1) Gorez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Trussville, Alabama
    Posts
    215
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    im just interested in a few games...so far ebay seems to be the cheapest...even though they are really too expensive there as well.. just cant see myself buying a machine if its going to cost me couple grand.

  4. #4
    Insert Coin (Level 0) Jestr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Bryan, Ohio
    Posts
    198
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    If you want to drive up to Ohio, I have three for sale cheap. I have a Mat Mania, Vindicators and a My Hero by Sega. They are project games that all need varying degrees of work. I am selling all three for 300.00. PM if you are interested.

  5. #5
    Strawberry (Level 2)
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Saint Paul
    Posts
    416
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorez View Post
    im just interested in a few games...so far ebay seems to be the cheapest...even though they are really too expensive there as well.. just cant see myself buying a machine if its going to cost me couple grand.
    So are you interested in the cabs or the games? You can buy them separately, you know. For example in the Socal area there's Matsui. This is his email gamemachine2003@hotmail.com He's a reputable guy and many on the ng.com forums deal with him. There's also arcade infinity in Industry California. They have an arcade in Diamond Plaza I believe but they also have a warehouse where you can buy candy cabs. If you want the JAMMA PCBs then there are many places on the web to get them

    http://excellentcom.net/main.asp
    www.arcadeshock.com
    www.neostore.com
    www.viddeoconnect.com
    www.coinopexpress.com
    http://home.netvigator.com/~cosmicco/

    And many others if you do a diligent search on the net. I suggest you go the latter route of buying the cab and then searching for the games you want as it can definitely get a lot cheaper than the former where you buy the dedicated cab with the game inside and with the latter, you can switch games inside the cab as long as you have JAMMA games.
    Last edited by MagicMajenta; 03-18-2007 at 07:12 AM.

  6. #6
    Cherry (Level 1)
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Oak Park, GA
    Posts
    392
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    www.superauctions.com Great auction site with auctions all over america. I'm going to the one in SC next weekend.

  7. #7
    Strawberry (Level 2) Technosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    419
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Should you buy from an operator, I strongly suggest reading the following FAQ. I found out all this stuff from first hand experience pre-internet days, so this FAQ rings a bell with me.

    http://www.gamearchive.com/Video_Gam...uying_faq.html

  8. #8
    Peach (Level 3) Pop Culture Portal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    779
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Technosis View Post
    Should you buy from an operator, I strongly suggest reading the following FAQ. I found out all this stuff from first hand experience pre-internet days, so this FAQ rings a bell with me.

    http://www.gamearchive.com/Video_Gam...uying_faq.html
    That's some really good info. There's a local operator here who just opened a "shop" to sell "restored" games, which means easily $500+ each I'm guessing, but I haven't been by there yet.

    Ebay, believe it or not, has been the best bet for me. In the search functions of ebay, you can see who's selling machines within a specific radius from where you live. I myself am usually willing to drive no more than 250 miles one way to get a machine, if the price is right.
    All right youngens, bath time. Cover up your eyes and drop your britches! Who wants wax?

  9. #9
    Strawberry (Level 2) Technosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    419
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pop Culture Portal View Post
    That's some really good info. There's a local operator here who just opened a "shop" to sell "restored" games, which means easily $500+ each I'm guessing, but I haven't been by there yet.

    Ebay, believe it or not, has been the best bet for me. In the search functions of ebay, you can see who's selling machines within a specific radius from where you live. I myself am usually willing to drive no more than 250 miles one way to get a machine, if the price is right.
    I remember after the FAQ appeared that a few operators commented on it. The one operator essentially liked it, since it warned people to do things quick and not waste the operators time (which seemed to be their biggest fear with the public). He wasn't impressed with the way that operators were portrayed as money hungry, but he agreed that it sort of helped out both operators and collectors.

  10. #10
    Insert Coin (Level 0) Imstarryeyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Posts
    133
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    I will be offering a arcade game location service at my store when I open it up in a few weeks here in Corpus Christi, TX.

    If you are looking for a certain game or pinball machine I can use my network of suppliers to find you a used one for a very reasonable price.

    I just got my location 2 days ago so I am still in lease Hell and trying to get the previous store owner out.. haha.

    In any case I will give you all a heads up when my Retro / Modern Video Game, Anime and Cosplay store is open.

    Those in the South Texas area feel free to drop by the and say hello when it is open.

  11. #11
    Cherry (Level 1) Gorez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Trussville, Alabama
    Posts
    215
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    well im not real big with arcade machines so i dont know all that JAMMA PCB MAME candy cab words. but if i were to get one i would want the cab to have the artwork of the game i get. so changing out he game inside would be out of the question right? im interested in fighters, light gun shooters...mainly. id love to have a DDR machine but those are like 10k.

  12. #12
    Great Puma (Level 12) skaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    #vbender
    Posts
    4,723
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicMajenta View Post
    So are you interested in the cabs or the games? You can buy them separately, you know. For example in the Socal area there's Matsui. This is his email gamemachine2003@hotmail.com He's a reputable guy and many on the ng.com forums deal with him. There's also arcade infinity in Industry California. They have an arcade in Diamond Plaza I believe but they also have a warehouse where you can buy candy cabs.
    What IS the current website for Arcade Infinity? I would love to get my hands on a Super Neo 29 to go with my current candy cab, or something newer.

  13. #13
    Cherry (Level 1)
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    levittown pa
    Posts
    221
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skaar View Post
    What IS the current website for Arcade Infinity? I would love to get my hands on a Super Neo 29 to go with my current candy cab, or something newer.
    if you're talking about Matsui's site it is http://www.jpdeal.com/

  14. #14
    Strawberry (Level 2)
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Saint Paul
    Posts
    416
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skaar View Post
    What IS the current website for Arcade Infinity? I would love to get my hands on a Super Neo 29 to go with my current candy cab, or something newer.
    Yeah, I have no idea either. They use to have a website if you just typed in the words Arcade Infinity in google. But for some reason, their website's MIA. Arcade-Infinity.com is something else completely different. Although I just did a google search and got this phone number for them (626) 581-4361. So you can try that and ask them about their stock.

  15. #15
    Key (Level 9) Mattiekrome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    1,988
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    SouthRox
    Steam
    SouthRox

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin H View Post
    www.superauctions.com Great auction site with auctions all over america. I'm going to the one in SC next weekend.
    Did you make it to this one? I was going to go as well, but ended up planting shrubs and flower beds

    Anything good, what did you pick up?


    PSN: SouthRox

  16. #16
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Why don't you go to the old arcades of your childhood? Probably most of them will be in their dying moments now, and you can grab some very nice stuff for a very low price.

  17. #17
    Flawless Rawkality Flack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Posts
    14,270
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad69 View Post
    Why don't you go to the old arcades of your childhood? Probably most of them will be in their dying moments now, and you can grab some very nice stuff for a very low price.
    Part of the problem is that most of the arcades from our childhoods are gone -- that's why we spend all this money on arcade cabinets to put in our houses!!

  18. #18
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flack View Post
    Part of the problem is that most of the arcades from our childhoods are gone -- that's why we spend all this money on arcade cabinets to put in our houses!!
    Yeah, but maybe you can ask someone in town about the owner and where did he left the cabs.

  19. #19
    Pretzel (Level 4)
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Denver, CO.
    Posts
    948
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Another link. What more do you need from a site that even looks like an arcade machine?

    http://www.iconamusements.com/

  20. #20
    Insert Coin (Level 0) Candycab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Monterey Bay California
    Posts
    99
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicMajenta View Post
    Yeah, I have no idea either. They use to have a website if you just typed in the words Arcade Infinity in google. But for some reason, their website's MIA. Arcade-Infinity.com is something else completely different. Although I just did a google search and got this phone number for them (626) 581-4361. So you can try that and ask them about their stock.

    That sorta blows, Ive dealt with Jack and jeff Tao on several occasions and theyve always been good too me as far as imports go, bye the way if you deal with Matsumi dont be affraid to do alot of haggling, believe me it will save you a ton of money
    You can have my Neo Turfmasters when you pry it from my cold dead lifeless hands !

Similar Threads

  1. New Arcade Machines
    By Pezcore343 in forum Classic Gaming
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-04-2007, 01:48 AM
  2. FS: 2 Arcade Machines
    By dylan0228 in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-28-2007, 07:59 PM
  3. your top 5 arcade machines
    By NESVIDIOT in forum Classic Gaming
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 01-21-2006, 01:32 PM
  4. Arcade machines at CGE
    By Emily in forum Classic Gaming
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-28-2005, 10:30 PM
  5. Old arcade machines
    By jajaja in forum Classic Gaming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-27-2005, 12:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •