Thread: issue w. buyer. deliv. confirm. says otherwise.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default issue w. buyer. deliv. confirm. says otherwise.

well this has been mentioned before, but I forget what was said..

anyways, i sold a nes CIB action set for around 100 bucks. I sent out their pa package via priority w. delivery confirmation.

I sent it out on a saturday and the package confirmation is said to arrived (on the following monday)

We talked on the phone and I seriously think k he may have not received. I . I'm not a sucker though, so I don't trust him

s far as everything goes, what should I do? besides hope?

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last edited by DefaultGen; 03-12-2023 at 08:23 PM.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

another question-

does the postal service keep detailed tracking information?
    IE - like the exact address. I know online tracking only keeps the zip. hmmm..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dgordon86 View Post
    another question-

does the postal service keep detailed tracking information?
    IE - like the exact address. I know online tracking only keeps the zip. hmmm..
    No, the only real "tracking" USPS provides is through their overnight service, Express Mail. All DC does is say that the item arrived.

The only information it gives is the zip code of the delivery. As long as it matches the zip of the buyer's confirmed address, you are in the clear in terms of PP chargebacks.

Did you tell him the DC said he received it? If so, tell him to go to the post office and speak to a supervisor. A mail carrier would know if he delivered a large package like that. It is also possible that the carrier screwed up, but with such a bulky package, that is unlikely.
    ________
    Ipad cases
    Last edited by ryborg; 05-08-2011 at 05:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking

First thing to do, if you dont trust him, empty your paypal account, so he cant get his money after 30 days.....<keep it empty>

second, if there was insurance on it, dont worry about it, after 30 days go to post office and ask for a insurance claim form........you fill your part out and he fills his, and then he or you get the money.........as they say.....cased closed

no insurance, excuse the lang........Your S.O.L hes got you, ebay will take his word for it........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The other day at my work we had a package returned to us that we sent out. The Delivery Confirmation says it was delivered to the person we sent it to. It's not 100% accurate.

y-bot

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well all turns out ok , I guess.

Turns out the jackasses at the post office didn't tell him the package was there (and this is after he was there a couple times) s

I think from now on I'm going to include sig. confirm. instead on the bigger items, -much safer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joe West View Post
    First thing to do, if you dont trust him, empty your paypal account, so he cant get his money after 30 days.....<keep it empty>
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe West View Post
    no insurance, excuse the lang........Your S.O.L hes got you, ebay will take his word for it........
    No. Both of these are completely wrong.

If you empty your PP account and a buyer does a chargeback, it will come from the bank account/credit card you linked to the account. Even if you remove the link, PP will still attempt it.

The only 100% certain way to be sure you won't be affected by a chargeback is to empty your account and close all accounts linked to your PP account. This seems a bit extreme and I'd never personally do it, however.

As for your other incorrect comment, PP/ebay only cares about a number that verifies delivery. You can use no insurance and DC and you're covered. Hell, insurance under $50 doesn't even give you a number, all you get is the green receipt.

Quote Originally Posted by dgordon86 View Post
    I think from now on I'm going to include sig. confirm. instead on the bigger items, -much safer.
    Or you could insure it, as long as it's more than $50. You get a verification number and the buyer has to sign for the package. It's a little cheaper than SC.
    ________
    HONDA DUALNOTE
    Last edited by ryborg; 05-08-2011 at 05:51 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ryborg View Post
    If you empty your PP account and a buyer does a chargeback, it will come from the bank account/credit card you linked to the account. Even if you remove the link, PP will still attempt it.
    Is that correct? I thought paypal could only pull money from your paypal account not your credit card of bank account. I have always had money in my paypal account when someone tried a chargeback so I dont have any first hand experience with an empty account.

Lets say the buyer gets annoyed and does a chargeback even though it shows delivery occurred. If its true and the chargeback affects your cc or bank account, cant you then tell your bank or cc to stop the chargeback attempt because it is fraudulent?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gum_drops View Post
    Is that correct? I thought paypal could only pull money from your paypal account not your credit card of bank account.
    It's never happened to me personally, but it's been documented that it has happened to plenty of people over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by gum_drops View Post
    Lets say the buyer gets annoyed and does a chargeback even though it shows delivery occurred.
    It doesn't matter what the buyer does if the DC (or similar tracking number) shows it's been delivered to the zip code of the buyer's confirmed address. The seller will always win that dispute.