Thread: Crazy Play-Asia Sale

Insert Coin (Level 0) 8Ways2Tuesday's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Crazy Play-Asia Sale

I had popped over to check something completely unrelated (as one of my pre-orders shipped today) and was surprised to see Play-Asia holding another sale.

Apparently, it's 'CRAZY WEEK'.

Everything older than 1 month, that's in stock (ships within 24 hours) is 20% off. Including systems.

I'm just having a hard time deciding what I want first.

Hope no one has posted this yet - I didn't see it in any of the forums.

Insert Coin (Level 0) MasterJSP's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mehizzo

Awesome!

Thanks a lot for posting that!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yup, just found out about this too!

Placed an order. Too bad you can't use any other coupons with this promotion going on.

Thanks!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

damn, and I just bought Bleach DS 2nd locally for $50.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the heads up! Just bought a second copy of Jump Ultimate Stars for a friend, and a bunch of other stuff I've been eyeing for a while.

I guess Play-Asia's generally ridiculous prices on used stuff get balanced out by all these sales they have. Picked up some nice PCE, SFC, and Game Gear games...

Insert Coin (Level 0) Windy Miller's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great stuff. Just bought Touch Panic (DS) for roughly £10 & Phoenix Wright Justice For All (US DS) for £14.00.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Seems that many of the popular PS2 fighting games didn't drop. I just ordered Earth Defense Force 2 and Cubic Lode Runner for the Japanese PS2 and Virtua Fighter 3TB (European version) for the Dreamcast.

On another note, I just got my copy of Gigawing Generations in the mail yesterday. It took them over a month to find a copy in Korea!
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have fallen victim myself and ordered a pink PS2 for the sole reason that it's strange, I want it, and when I got my blue one I was really eyeballing the pink but decided against it back then. ~shakes head~

What I really should order is Tales of Destiny.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's not really ridiculous prices for used games, how many used games have you ordered from them ? Every time I order one it is 100% complete, that is to say spine and inserts and discs look MINT, they charge "demand" prices like everyone else but they also have alot of sales on used games too and new ones.

I would rather pay an extra 10-20 on a used mint title then spend a bit less on ebay for one with no spine or beat up spine and no inserts.

From looking around at other imports stores they also seem to have the best stock, when I look at places like ncsx or yes asia it is a complete laughable joke compared to the stock pa 80% of the time has. Even their shipping is dirt cheap and $5 off every 50 buck you spend and they are legit unless they state its on hk dvds which everyone knows are fake anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    It's not really ridiculous prices for used games, how many used games have you ordered from them ?
    This is my first time buying anything used from them because of their prices.

Sure, they're no VGI, but they still often ask $20-$30 for dirt common PS1 games. Though I wouldn't doubt that everything's in great condition -- and that's sort of what I'm expecting.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mmm are you going by DP "rare vs common" or are you going by what is easy to find vs in demand ?

I know DP may be more accurate for things that are in fact rare but that hardly means jack shit when ebay and online stores or even EB are charging "in demand prices". And like I said you gotta consider how many import titles are up on ebay and how complete and the shape they are in, 99% of PA's used games all come with spine cards, all are literly mint, thats why they charge those prices.

One thing I would really love to know is where PA get's their used titles for consoles since they are an online store, you cant even walk in and buy from them if you live in HK from what I understand, considering the shape and the fact they are in HK, not japan makes me wonder where they get these sometimes splash but kickass used lots...keep in mind they normaly sell jp originals, not asian or korean, although obviously they do sell asian releases for about 5-10 cheaper on new releases too.
    Last edited by Wolf; 04-01-2007 at 09:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I consider a game "dirt common" when there's several copies on eBay at any given time at under ten bucks, not to even mention Yahoo Japan. Though it probably helps that I don't care if a game feels a bit "used" -- just needs to have the spine and not be damaged. Well...except really pricey stuff *cough*Zanac X Zanac*cough*...that's gotta be in pretty good nick.

But of course, this is my opinion -- I think Play-Asia's used prices tend to be a bit steep. You, evidently, do not. No need to drag out discourse, ne?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well it would help if you were to name a good 5+ examples of games and genres, I understand what you are saying when it comes to ultra mint vs super good condition, I dont exactly go for minty mint myself cause its hard as hell to find sometimes 100% complete for decent coin, availability AND other things like bid wars etc.

Example, I have started collecting used ntsc j psx games, but I am also looking for used j ps2 titles also, I find play asia used ps2 section a complete joke, they never have anything I want, if I want some first print cave shooters like ibara or mushime I have a damn hard time finding them on ebay unless it is some shady HK seller plus there is the problem of some not getting the exact info like it being the j or asian version ( j versions are normaly worth more ), I can give you a fair number of so called "dirt common" j psx titles which I have a bugger of a time finding on ebay in the shape I want.

In this case, play asia is my only option as the other j net stores really have laughable stock especialy when it comes to older console games.

If there is some holy grail that has a massive wealth of outstanding used psx and up games online I would love to find out about it, is there some stores you go to besides ebay that is like this ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I watched a copy of PSx Gunnm on Play-Asia for quite awhile, lingering at $70, which was low compared to the $80-$100 I was seeing on eBay. Finally, randomly, one day I checked on it and it was on sale for $30.

I think the trick with Play-Asia is just waiting for the right sale unless something is a must-have. Same with anywhere else. Every used JP game I've gotten has been in shockingly amazing condition compared to what I'm used to for US used games.

Wolf, I'm glad you're finding the PSx games you're after - there are a few I'd like that seem to escape me at every turn!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I think, i'll finally buy from play-asia since what they have for sale interest me.

I made a account there last year but i never used them.

Seems like a good time as any to try them.

I got my eye on a few dc games plus a adapter that i was looking for.