Don't you hate it when you finally stumble upon a game (or game series) that happens to be a gem in your eyes, either by accident (such as walking into a store which just so happens to be playing the game on a TV) or by hearing it through word-of-mouth?

Case in point ; About a year ago, I managed to buy "The Bard's Tale" for XBox through one of those clearance sales from Circuit City. I figured, "...hey, what's ten bucks? Let's see if this game is any good.", so I opened the game up and started playing. FAST FORWARD to about 5 hours later...... I was hooked! I loved the Gauntlet-style view, the simple, yet complex action the game offered as well as the whole 'dungeon crawler' feeling it gave me, which was very similar to another one of my favorite game franchises- "Diablo" and "Diablo II" by Blizzard Games.

So I asked myself, "I wonder if they ever made any other games like Diablo/The Bard's Tale (remake) for PS2 or XBox? Did some research and found out that The Bard's Tale was pretty much designed after and extremely loosely based on the "Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance I & II" game series. I was thrilled. So I tried to track down a copy of the first "BG: Dark Alliance" for the GCN, PS2 or XBox. The problem? Not only was it such an old game that almost nobody in my area carried it, but if they even had a used copy of it (no matter the platform), it commanded a high price. IIRC, it was anywhere from $29.99 - $34.99 for a used copy.

blasphemy! blasphemy to my wallet I tell you!

Anyway, I eventually managed to buy the original Dark Alliance for the PS2 in a $14.99 bundle pack which also included "The Matrix Online" and after playing it, it was well worth the $14.99 I paid for it. (I could care less for the Matrix game)

Now I'm stuck with another predicament - I want Dark Alliance II, preferably for XBox, since the game saves on the PS2 versions will presumably take up a ton of space on my memory cards, which I cannot spare. The main problem? Same as with me trying to track down a used copy of the original Dark Alliance - around $29.99 - $34.99 for a USED, but incomplete or scratched copy from the local game stores like EB/GS.

I will get my copy of "Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II" for XBox, but I have to be patient, especially if I want to spend only about $20.00 total on it.

Has anyone else ever run into a similar situation such as I have?