Thread: Yobo vs. FC Twin *Edit- System Reviewed!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Yobo vs. FC Twin *Edit- System Reviewed!

*Edit- Review 4/11/07:

Hey folks! Received the FC Twin system today when the postal lady dropped it off as I was headed out to work. I ordered it from BRE Software through Amazon and it got here in 2 days...kudos on the shipping time from them.

Got out of work early, headed home and hooked the system up.

The first thing I did was pop in an original NES game-(Ghostbusters 2, Activision version)-and switched it on.

All I got was a red screen. No graphics or sound. I was starting to panic a bit.

So I took out the NES game and popped in Doom for SNES. The FC Twin played the SNES game on the first try. I turned it off and popped in Ghostbusters 2 again. This time it worked.

Being as it has been years since playing Ghostbusters 2, or any NES game for that matter...I was hooked for over an hour basking in my very own oldschool NES goodness.

I switched the NES game off and popped in Jurassic Park for the SNES. This time all I got was sound but no picture. I popped out the NES game and the SNES games then continued to play fine.

Anyone else experience this? If I have an NES game in the system I must pop it out to play an SNES game and,when I want to play an NES game I must pop out the SNES game.....what the helk?

Anyways.....as far as the picture and sound quality. Like I said...I know it's not 100% in the back of my head. But being so long since playing NES and SNES games...if u don't have the original systems...it does the job well. I believe worth the price tag.

But you do tend to notice that the picture on SNES games is a tad dark and muddy. But not enough to bash a system with a $50 price tag.

It may not do the job as well as the original systems. But does do what it is set out to do for the folks who just want to experience their old games again and who aren't "overly critical"...

The only complaint I do have is that the controller cords are a tad on the short side. Though this doesn't bother me too much as you do get two controllers with the system. But I can see how this could really irk some people.

That's all I can think of now. Peace!

Hello all-

I'm going to have some extra money this weekend and was wondering which one should I pick up- the Yobo system or the FC Twin (SNES Model 3)?

Yes, granted the FC Twin also plays SNES Games...and I know the quality isn't great. But as far as playing original NES games, which is the better bang for the buck? Or rather...

Are there any pros and cons comparing the two systems?

(Not interested in the Generation NEX).

Also- who exactly produces the FC Twin system? Some say it's Yobo- some don't. I first spotted them at Video Game Central.....but now they are everywhere.

I read on the Game Asylum website that the Yobo system IS licensed in some fashion by Nintendo.....is this true or just plain BS?

And- last but not least. Besides the FC Twin are there any other "clone" systems out there that also play SNES games? If so.....where can I find them and do any of them produce SNES quality better than the FC Twin?

Thanks ever so much- Guys. Ryan
    Last edited by RyanLec84; 04-11-2007 at 11:15 PM. Reason: System Review