Thread: Metal Marines & Warriors,MUSHA,Herzog Zwei (<24hrs)..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Metal Marines & Warriors,MUSHA,Herzog Zwei (<24hrs)..

..OH MY!!

.. HERE . In the next few weeks I'll be putting up ALL of the games that didn't sell here in the forum first.
    Last edited by scorch56; 05-08-2007 at 10:59 PM. Reason: title change
    "Kooch56.. you is a MEAN man!"
    My DP feedback
    "Take us to the THRESHOLD!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Took advantage of 20 cent listing day and relisted some games that didn't sell last go around; also put up a CD-i system lot with games and accessories!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

About a day left on most of these.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RottenToTheGore
    PSN
    TheSuperSadist

Damn, the CD-I got taken down. And I was thinking about bidding
    Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm
    Hello VACRMH, you have just received 666 Meseta from Oobgarm.
    The following comment was made: HAIL SATAN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The CD-i lot got taken down because 12 people were watching it for 4 days and I got sick of no one stepping up and placing a starting bid. Pity too.. because judging from the inactivity.. they may have won it for a lousy $50.

It's going up again next Thursday.. only this time it will be even more expensive.. in line with some of the other CD-i auctions I've observed in the past two weeks.

The early.. BRAVE bird gets the worm.. when it comes to my auctions.

I'm seriously thinking about starting up an eB "store" (something I NEVER wanted to do) and simply setting my price and letting the stuff set. Although most store dealers are usually a bit higher than outright auctions.. I've been observing them for years and most eventually find someone who buys their stuff at their price. My financial situation is better lately, and I've pretty much done everything I can for my mom (although her condition worsens).. so I'm not so desparate anymore and have no time constraints either.
    Last edited by scorch56; 04-30-2007 at 06:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Some of my better games scheduled to go up early this evening (Wednesday, May 2nd) as reflected in the new subject line. System lots going up tomorrow (Thursday) for 10 days including my entire Jaguar-CD collection in one fell swoop and my revised CD-i lot (including the Air-Mouse light-gun and boxed Philips mouse in it as well this time). Saturn and Dreamcast lot also and more games! Looks like I'm gonna' end up with about 50 auctions running into next week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

3 days left for some of them. I'm considering holding off on the console lots till later.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Less than 24 hours left on some of these.. others end Thursday.

Someone's gonna' get some real nice games for a "song" if some REAL bidding doesn't start soon.. pity.. really.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry

A COMPLETE and near mint MUSHA went for $25. 12 people "watching" and over 130 hits, and the damn thing ends up going for 50 cents over the starting bid!.. that's fucking outrageous.. HALF of what I paid for it.. fuck this. Some people are getting some great stuff for nothing in the next 24 hours.

Objection! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

bought your Lunar ^_^
    Serving the retrogaming community since March 2005

DP feedback: +47(!), no negatives
    can be found here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66092

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailorneorune View Post
    bought your Lunar ^_^
    Thank you.. I'll get it in the mail by Friday.. with a DC # e-mailed to you through PukePal. Look for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No, thank YOU. One of my friends has been trying to get good Sega CD games for a while, and he'll love Lunar.

It's nice to get a good game once in a while for a price that doesn't activate my gag reflex.

I'm looking for the Lunar 2 guide for my own collection (also at a reasonable price), but I may as well be trying to make an engine that runs on orange juice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailorneorune View Post
    I'm looking for the Lunar 2 guide for my own collection (also at a reasonable price), but I may as well be trying to make an engine that runs on orange juice.
    I had a 100% complete.. perfectly "mint" Lunar 2 PSX Omake collection that went in my big-assed PSX lot a few weeks ago. Man.. the price that lot went for made ME "gag" . As for Lunar Guides.. I know what you mean.. but I have no need for them anymore . ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry to take this off-topic:

My personal copies of Lunar are missing the map (Lunar 1) and pendant (Lunar 2). I acquired them at a bargain, and I figure that greed will motivate someone to part out those missing pieces... and when they do, I'll grab them!

I'm just tired of doing what I call "paying the fanboy tax" -- having to cope with massively inflated prices and greedy sellers of items that have a following. I am glad that there are people out there who understand that others would actually like to play the games, and not keep them contained in a shrine.

I thought your price for Lunar was a good deal because I've seen it go for a lot more (again with the fanboy bullshit), and Sonic CD is sold for $20 by itself at the accursed McVans video game store.

I think I might make my request for a Lunar 2 guide public here as well as on GameTZ, and maybe, JUST maybe, among all the people who will laugh at me, there's someone who might be interested in a shitload of Dreamcast games.

Thanks again,
    -sailorneorune

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Were the Lunar guides released by WD? The only two I've ever seen is the guide for the first game that was released after it came out on the SCD (smallish.. soft cover.. kind of "plain" looking) and I believe I saw a large "hardcover" guide released by them after they released lunar 2 for the PSX. It WAS expensive. I usually see the L1 guide go pretty cheap on evilBay though.

I have a brand-new shrinkwrapped copy of the WD Vanguard Bandits guide I snagged on eB a few years back.. I've never unwrapped it.. I wonder what it's worth now.

My guide "holy grails" are a Xenosaga guide and surprisingly.. a Xenogears III one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

WD released a Lunar 1 PSX guide as well (grabbed it from ebay cheap thanks to bassgrabber and MightySlacker).

The hardcover Lunar 2 guide is the object of my rage against the scalping machine... and I heard it only retailed at $24.99, a far cry from the $80+ that some bottom-feeder is getting. I'd gladly pay that if it were going into the gaming industry, and not to some self-indulgent ebay asshole.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Judging from the prices I just got this round.. and the bid inactivity.. I'm seriously considering trading in my games to estarland for cash right now.. I have in the past.. and they actually give me more than what the majority of the buyers got for my items.

25 frickin' dollars for a complete Demon's Crest that eBay "store" resellers are asking next to $100 for (and getting.. with time and patience on their side) that isn't even in as nice a shape as mine!

If anybody tells me the bottom HASN'T fallen out of the retro-gaming market lately.. I'm gonna' go postal.

Gawd knows.. I've tried everything.. pricing WAY low and exhorbanent shipping.. pricing at what I want with fair shipping.. I just CAN'T bring myself to start a high dollar item at 99 cents though.. with my luck.. someone would get it for $10. What the hell am I talking about? People already HAVE gotten shit for half of what I paid for it!

Nothing I try.. seems to make a difference.. my shit ALWAYS goes for rock bottom.. and it's GOOD stuff too! Look at my feedback.. nobody says I sell shit. Everybody's happy (except me). I just don't understand it.

Case in point.. one of our members sold a BARE Metal Marines & Metal Warriors carts for about $30 a piece a couple of weeks ago.. as I recall. I put up my nice & complete copies.. the "prides" of my entire SNES collection for years (at a fair starting price.. with perhaps a bit lofty BIN).. and nobody wants to bid on them. 50 f*ckin' watchers again.. HUNDREDS of hits.. and there they sit. Which is why I pulled the damn things early. I JUST know some tightwad's gonna' end up with them for a song.

I also pulled a couple of the regular auctions early today just so I could sell them to the buyers who had the guts enough to bid early on. I KNOW that's "couner-productive".. but it's always been a matter of principal with me. i'd seriously rather sell an item to a guy who bid a starting price of $24.99 the starting day of the auction.. than the half dozen assholes who put it on their "watch list" and MAYBE intend to outbid him by 50 cents in the final seconds. Happens to me all the time.. that's how a guy ended up with MUSHA yesterday for $25.49.

Here's some examples from today.. keep in mind that these are ALL complete copies (some 100% complete) and NOT really "commons"; nice & clean.

Actraiser went for $10
    Actraiser 2 went for $15
    MUSHA went for $25

I've been wanting an Xbox 360 for a year now in the worst way.. fuck it.. I'm taking everything I got left and just trading it into estarland.. I bet I'll get one easier through them ,and without as much of an "eBay bullshit" hassle than I would selling this crap on eBay.. and STILL have credit to boot.

Don't mind me.. it's just scorch "venting" again though.. .

Sailorneorune.. I don't mind selling to members though.. and I can't complain when someone BINs at MY price.. so don't take this rant personally.. by any means.

It just angers me so much that when I think back.. about two years ago.. I'd have definitely made a profit on my "investment" and not taking such great and many losses.. but then again.. I didn't plan on EVER selling off my collection.. EVER. Which is why I actually never minded paying what I thought the games were worth when I got them (and is probably why I'm losing money now). I hardly ever scored a "deal".

<heavy sigh>.. I must be one of the unluckiest SOBs alive. Thinking of changing my nym to "The Cooler".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know how you feel to a degree -- I rarely sell on ebay anymore (too much of the aforementioned bullshit) because it's hard to make your money back for games you buy, ESPECIALLY if local stores overcharge for them in the first place *cough*mcvans*cough*.

People also overlook the little guy for the "powersellers" most of the time. Some powersellers are great (MightySlacker), and others are callous jerks who treat you like a number (a couple of the ebay book sellers I bought Outlanders manga from).

As I said before, I feel the deal on Lunar Sega CD + Sonic CD was very fair, considering the costs of the individual games in my area.

On so-called "rare" games, I take my own pictures, make excruciatingly detailed listings and start bids at 9.99, with a reasonable BIN.

Example: Bought a Valkyrie Profile (missing front insert, crammed into one of those 2-disc music CD cases) for $35. Played it, finished it, not overwhelmingly impressed by it, friends already had it, and the incompleteness made hardcore RPG collectors break out in hives. So I ebay'd it. Starting bid: 9.95. BIN: 59.95, shipping $3.50 - insurance included. Bidding war drove it to 86.xx. Sad.

I believe you've already tried the above approach, though I'd say go with a starting bid at about $10, and let the bidding war take you forward. It goes against my code of honor to take advantage of crazy people, but I've tried to stop them... *sigh*

Or... put more vintage Sega games up at good BINs, and I might buy more.

It'll be OK.
    -sailorneorune