Thread: Superman 64 - the PSX version!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

Default Superman 64 - the PSX version!

Yes, one of the most god-awful games in history almost got a PSX release, as well!!

Since I can't link any of the images, just click the link to check 'em out for yourself.

http://www.playstationmuseum.com/Gam...UC/SLUS-00712/
    Last edited by diskoboy; 04-23-2007 at 11:19 AM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I didn't read all the info on the link...is this a rare game, and is this why you are posting this?

Or are you just letting us all know you don't like Superman 64 - whether it be on N64 or the Playstation?

I don't follow...

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's unreleased for PS1. That's some neat cover art and jewel case art, though! I did a strategy guide for Superman for Nintendo 64....oh boy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    boatofcar

I wonder if "fog" would be listed as an enemy in this version as well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Blatt
    PSN
    AGBulls

I thought this was a totally different game than Superman 64. Am I wrong here?
    Parallel universe. Bush, destitute, joins army.

Check out my Gaming Comic: www.GreeneSide.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BuckyBKatt
    PSN
    Bucky_B_Katt

Quote Originally Posted by ShenmueFan View Post
    I didn't read all the info on the link...is this a rare game, and is this why you are posting this?

Or are you just letting us all know you don't like Superman 64 - whether it be on N64 or the Playstation?

I don't follow...
    Thats why its good to read, if you had taken the time to skim the article, as I did, you would know the answer to your questions.

Reading: Everything to gain.

Thats pretty cool. I wish that it had come out it would have been nice to have an option for a Superman game.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by agbulls View Post
    I thought this was a totally different game than Superman 64. Am I wrong here?
    Looking at that video it looks somewhat different from the N64 version. I wouldn't say "totally" different, but it's definitely not a port of the exact same game.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Guess people can't be bothered to read the article itself...

The game had similar gameplay mechanics, but it's more puzzle-oriented and has different enemies and levels due to the PS1's technical limitations. It sure as hell sounds more fun than the N64 version at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Reading: Everything to gain.
    I'll agree with you that reading is about the most important thing you can do on a computer, but the subject of a bad Superman game on a dead system doesn't exactly make me want to read through paragraphs and paragraphs of text JUST to figure out it's an unreleased game.

You gotta remember that when writing a comment or starting a thread, you need to be clear up front what you're talking about because unless it is just an extremely popular subject everyone WANTS to know more about and it's alright to not be 100% clear upfront, many people won't want to take the time to read anything more than the first post.

In regards to the original poster, cool, I'll read that whole article now because hearing that it's something unique warrants my use of time and energy to learn about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

You gotta remember that when writing a comment or starting a thread, you need to be clear up front what you're talking about because unless it is just an extremely popular subject everyone WANTS to know more about and it's alright to not be 100% clear upfront, many people won't want to take the time to read anything more than the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by diskoboy View Post
    Yes, the most god-awful game in history almost got a PSX release, as well!!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

^^^ That sentence implies that they are referring to the awful-Superman 64 being ported over to the PSX. Who wants to read about that, even if it ALMOST happened? It's like if I started a thread called "E.T. (Atari 2600 version) almost released on the NES!" and then linked to a long article about a completely different game using the E.T. name. Why would people even bother reading that article to begin with???

My point is that it should have been clear in the first post that the Superman game that never came out for the PSX was actually not that bad and shouldn't be confused with the N64 title.
    Last edited by ShenmueFan; 04-22-2007 at 02:18 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

^^^ That sentence implies that they are referring to the awful-Superman 64 being ported over to the PSX. Who wants to read about that, even if it ALMOST happened? It's like if I started a thread called "E.T. almost released on the NES!" and then linked to a long article about a completely different game using the E.T. name. Why would people even bother reading that article to begin with???

My point is that it should have been clear in the first post that the Superman game that never came out for the PSX was actually not that bad and shouldn't be confused with the N64 title.
    Stop being a tight ass. NOW!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

^^^ I don't like people saying I'm stupid for not reading stuff that isn't clearly defined before I commit to reading it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BuckyBKatt
    PSN
    Bucky_B_Katt

^^^ I like people saying I'm stupid for not reading stuff
    I read a bit of your post is this what you meant? I didn't want to read it all.

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I looked at all those pics and none of them include fog.

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

^^^ That sentence implies that they are referring to the awful-Superman 64 being ported over to the PSX. Who wants to read about that, even if it ALMOST happened? It's like if I started a thread called "E.T. (Atari 2600 version) almost released on the NES!" and then linked to a long article about a completely different game using the E.T. name. Why would people even bother reading that article to begin with???

You know why I read the article? I wanted to know if the game was unreleased because it was the same as the N64 version. I read it, and was amazed it didn't get a proper release.

Because, you know,I took three minutes to read the article instead of complaining about it without ever reading it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

I didn't read all the info on the link...

I don't follow...
    youre an idiot.

read.

think.

repost.

i wont summarize it for you, but all questions are answered in the article, including the reasoning behind the name of topic.

for the record, i would love to read E.T. 2600/NES story.

is there an iso available of this game? [superman]
    Last edited by Poofta!; 04-22-2007 at 03:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

^^^ I don't like people saying I'm stupid for not reading stuff that isn't clearly defined before I commit to reading it.
    ShenmueFan...

Have you ever had something worthwhile or positive to add to a post? Seriously. After reading your comments here for the last 2 months...I have to say you are one of the most negative and argumentative posters I've ever seen here at DP. Lighten up...the world is not out to get you.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll agree with you that reading is about the most important thing you can do on a computer, but the subject of a bad Superman game on a dead system doesn't exactly make me want to read through paragraphs and paragraphs of text JUST to figure out it's an unreleased game.

In regards to the original poster, cool, I'll read that whole article now because hearing that it's something unique warrants my use of time and energy to learn about it.

you cared enough about it to post about 9 or so paragraphs in this thread.

Go to bed.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    ShenmueFan...

Have you ever had something worthwhile or positive to add to a post? Seriously. After reading your comments here for the last 2 months...I have to say you are one of the most negative and argumentative posters I've ever seen here at DP. Lighten up...the world is not out to get you.
    Yeah, I do, for the most part, add positive contributions to a discussion --- it's not my fault if after my initial comment idiots have to start something up by saying I'm dumb for not reading a link that COULD & SHOULD have been summarized by the dude starting this thread..

If you don't like that everything I say isn't "Wow, *MEMBER NAME* started a great thread! Kudos!", then you can just skip my comments altogether. No one's making you read them. I try my best to comment appropriately though for any given topic and if that means asking a question about a post's wording or just taking a different stance on an issue, so be it.

I love how all of you who are picking on my comments have added NOTHING to this thread either, except to point out that I'm being a grumpy-butt or whatever. Physician, heal thyself.

Oh, BTW - NINE out of the 20 comments on this thread are just "Bash Shenmuefan" Comments, all from MULTIPLE members. So what's the bigger problem here, one guy who is defending his mindset against EIGHT people or EIGHT people ganging up for no reason really on ONE person who had a legitimite question?
    Last edited by ShenmueFan; 04-22-2007 at 06:05 PM.