Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Crappiest game that you own?

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

If I'm not being unnecessarily mean and picking on learning games... probably Bomb Squad for Intellivision, Alien Invaders for Emerson Arcadia 2001, or Zombie Dinos from Planet Zeltoid for CD-i.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Does PDWT even count as a video game? There's no video outside of the intro and no real game either, it's more like one of those choose your adventure books on a disc.

Anyway, I don't bother buying crappy games for the older systems I own, and if I end up buying a shitty game for my 360 or Wii (Other M, I'm looking at you here) I return it. I don't buy games just for the sake of collecting them, I buy them to play them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I don't own any crappy games, at least they aren't crappy to me. Since I only kept games I enjoy playing all the games in my collection are fun to me. I know many will dump on 2600 pacman and donkey kong but I enjoy both games for what they are.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by A.C. Sativa View Post
    Does PDWT even count as a video game? There's no video outside of the intro and no real game either, it's more like one of those choose your adventure books on a disc.
    Yep, like I said above, PDWT is basically a visual novel in softcore slideshow format. It's a very common genre in Japan, and the format wouldn't be unfamiliar at all to many gamers...but obviously the content is a different story!

Still, it made me laugh, so it'll never get hate in my book. "You pea-brained preppy, you vain, Volvo-driving vulva..."

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nickelodeon Party Blast - Gamecube
    Carmageddon 64 - N64
    Iron and Blood - PS1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Everybody who bring up Pac-Man on the Atari 2600 apparently don't know there's far worse games for the system. Any games by Mythicon (Firefly, Starfox, Sorcerer) are several notches below Pac-Man. Racquetball and Skeet Shoot were stinkers too. Got 'em all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I understand that complaint. Sure it was ugly, and I think it didn't follow the logic even close, not that the NES one was a charmer either, but it didn't suck. Maybe for Pac-Man purists of the arcade it does, but it's the 2600 of all things, can't be too picky. E.T. gets ragged on a lot, never played it, but I do see some people stand up for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't own crappy games, but the worst I do have is Looney Tunes Racing for the PSone. Low framerate and janky gameplay makes it a low quality racing game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I got my copy of Street Fighter II for GB in the mail today, that one gets villified by the SF2 pro-snobs because it doesn't shape up. It's actually pretty good despite not having Vega, Dhalsim and E Honda included. Sure it's not some 60fps highly animated masterpiece, but it plays well enough once you adapt to the 2 buttons and the format.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Crappiest ones I own and have played: Pacman and E.T. for the 2600, both of which I'd agree on being only mediocre....though E.T. is at the bottom of that part of the scale. Wouldn't have bought them myself, but I kinda inherited them. I've also got Martian Gothic for the PS1 and some other budget games for that system, but I haven't played them yet.

I don't have the money to be intentionally buying bad games unless they're REALLY cheap. I might make an exception for The Fifth Element on PS1, though -- I liked the cheesiness in the movie well enough, and the gameplay felt only mediocre to me, as far as I played it.
    I hate it when people write their initials on a game cart's label. Can't get it off without ruining part of the label!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Probably Jaws or Ninja Turtles on the NES.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I haven't played my whole collection yet, but so far I have Ultraman on the SNES ranked lowest (I gave it a 3.0 out of 10) followed by Home Improvement (3.5/10)

I hated Battle Blaze, CapAm and the Avengers and Dracula (all SNES), and traded those off years ago. They're probably in that 2.0-2.5 territory. I don't mind keeping bad games especially if there's some nostalgia value, but terrible games I cannot stand having in my library.

RVGFANATIC: SNES, Saturn, mad ramblings and more
    RELIVE | REMEMBER | REPLAY

Brand new URL!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Perhaps it's my enjoyment of terrible rubber monster movies, or because I loved the translated show that game was based on that ran late Saturday mornings in 1991-93ish time period but I really dug Ultraman. The controls worked, the monsters were varied just enough, and it was SF2-lite on control but it's no masterpiece but I think a 6.5-7 would be fair given the year it came out and what it was up against. Super Godzilla and the NES games were disappointments to me because of those crappy Conflict game type grids and weirdness, it just wasn't a good flow like Godzilla on the SuperCDs for the Duo/PCE system as that thing was awesome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Bloodreign75

Hydlide on the NES, a game a friend gave me, along with a copy of Ghosts N Goblins when my copy of Super C I loaned him, got stolen along with other games he had. He left his backpack outside on his bike like a goof (long time ago, so I got over it and eventually got another copy of Super C), then breaks the news to me at school the next day. He brought those other 2 games to me, GnG I liked, Hydlide after I fired it up the first time, I abhorred it and cursed it's name. I found out later it was an older game than it's NES release, it should have just never been released on the NES period.

Funny story, he's the one high school buddy I still hang with today, trying to talk him out of some import PS1 Capcom and SNK fighters he has and never plays anymore. He won't budge.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tak the Great Juju Challenge. Found this shit in my closet recently. Not sure how it got there since I haven't had a ps2 in ages. Came across some other random junk like Final Fantasy 5 for ps1 and Grandia but it's missing the 1st disc. Also a Riven instruction manual. Weird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodreign View Post
    Hydlide on the NES, a game a friend gave me, along with a copy of Ghosts N Goblins when my copy of Super C I loaned him, got stolen along with other games he had. He left his backpack outside on his bike like a goof (long time ago, so I got over it and eventually got another copy of Super C), then breaks the news to me at school the next day. He brought those other 2 games to me, GnG I liked, Hydlide after I fired it up the first time, I abhorred it and cursed it's name. I found out later it was an older game than it's NES release, it should have just never been released on the NES period.

Funny story, he's the one high school buddy I still hang with today, trying to talk him out of some import PS1 Capcom and SNK fighters he has and never plays anymore. He won't budge.
    Remind him he lost your game and compensated you with Hydlide, that should be reason enough to owe you a big favor.

Saturn was my youth Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Iridium Runners for PS2
    PCエンジン ■ セガサターン ■ シーディーロム² ■ プレイステーション ■ ドリームキャスト

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nebagram
    PSN
    Nebagram

Like probably everyone on this forum, I've got a copy of Pac-Man for the 2600, but I also own a game which I have a special hatred for, which is Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasi. Basically 'Star Wars attempts a one-on-one fighter' that is more painful than watching the entire prequel trilogy and eliminating everything except the Jar-Jar and Jake Lloyd scenes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So, is it commonly accepted that Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasi is the worst LucasArts game ever?

Come join us on Micro-64

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Now that one I've heard before. I've also seen the GBC version of Yoda Stories thrown around a lot too, but I don't think they made that one like they did on PC (where it and an Indiana Jones version called Desktop Adventures) is actually pretty decent for a point and click mouse game from the pre-win95 era.