Thread: Club nintendo coin decisions

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Default Club nintendo coin decisions

I'm aiming twards the 800 coin mark but i dont know if i want to get the game and watch collection or the hanafuda cards. what would you pick for raritys sake?
    at the rate i am going, 50 coins an hour ago and 370 now i dont think it will be a problem, plus theres a few new games i want to get that i know have codes in them.

i think its odd that they dont have a list of all the games and what they earn for this sort of thing.
    I have a copy of Meteos on DS and it had a code but it had already been used (was a used copy).

also if you have a pin from a game system do they have you link the system? say for instance a wii?
    i enterd my Green DSI i bought used and it had me link it over the store but i didnt know if it would do the same if i had the card with the pin from within the system

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
    i think its odd that they dont have a list of all the games and what they earn for this sort of thing.
    https://club.nintendo.com/eligible-products.do

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

While I can't speak to which will be a bigger "rarity", I will say that Game & Watch games have always retained value and interest from Nintendo collectors.

The Game & Watch is a great great reproduction that comes with a little display stand and a really nicely produced box.

It currently goes for about $35-$40 shipped, but once they stop producing them it'll probably go up in value long-term.

So, I vote for that.

I've heard that the hanafuda cards are really nice too.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    While I can't speak to which will be a bigger "rarity", I will say that Game & Watch games have always retained value and interest from Nintendo collectors.

The Game & Watch is a great great reproduction that comes with a little display stand and a really nicely produced box.

It currently goes for about $35-$40 shipped, but once they stop producing them it'll probably go up in value long-term.

So, I vote for that.

I've heard that the hanafuda cards are really nice too.
    I think he is talking about the G&W DS collection rather than the reproduction G&W handheld. I faced the choice between those two (rather than the hanafuda cards) last year and decided on the G&W reproduction. I think the DS collection will be easier to come by in the long run, so if I'm unable to get it with coins, I think it will be cheaper to buy. I'd tend to think the same way with the cards, but who knows. I've also heard the cards are really nice.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    I think he is talking about the G&W DS collection rather than the reproduction G&W handheld. I faced the choice between those two (rather than the hanafuda cards) last year and decided on the G&W reproduction. I think the DS collection will be easier to come by in the long run, so if I'm unable to get it with coins, I think it will be cheaper to buy. I'd tend to think the same way with the cards, but who knows. I've also heard the cards are really nice.
    GAH you're right!

Disregard my choice then.

Hanafuda cards are likely to be the rarer of the two between the DS game and the cards, and frankly the DS game is underwhelming for a "collection".
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joshnickerson View Post
    yea meteos isnt on that list but it came with a code, not all games are on that list they have up there.

but yea it was game and watch collection for the ds, the first or seccond one but apparantly it wasnt a game exclusivly offered as a nintendo club reward?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

G&W Collection 1 and 2 I had both of and got rid of them as they get super boring incredibly fast. They're cheap to buy on ebay or elsewhere so really go with the cards, but if you can get the 1200 get the real game and watch as it's worth it entirely.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

If you get a digital Wii game from Club Nintendo, how long do you have to activate it? Is it an unlimited length of time like Steam codes or is it a limited time? Can it be activated on the Wii U?
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Guaranteed none of this stuff is going to be rare...I'd just go with whatever interested me most. Really, Nintendo is just putting this stuff out there as a cheap way to keep you grinding away at whatever it is that they want you to do.

The Hanafuda cards are going between $25-$35 on the 'Bay and maybe lower if you get lucky. Somebody is trying to sell a set from around 1947 for under $50. Guess the fat plumber makes everything better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    If you get a digital Wii game from Club Nintendo, how long do you have to activate it? Is it an unlimited length of time like Steam codes or is it a limited time? Can it be activated on the Wii U?
    thats an entirely different beast, i have no idea. you might get more info by starting your own thread. would get more traffic than mine