Thread: "Look Inside" Classic Home Video Games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default "Look Inside" Classic Home Video Games

I'm not sure how long this has been available (it still hasn't happened for the new book), but you can now "look inside" my first two books on Amazon, giving you a preview of what you are buying:

http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Home-V...me+video+games

http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Home-V...me+video+games

As always, thanks for reading!

Play me a Newfie jig! markusman64ds's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's gonna be tough when you get to the PlayStation. That has enough games to fit two books!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by markusman64ds View Post
    It's gonna be tough when you get to the PlayStation. That has enough games to fit two books!
    Yeah, I've been thinking about that very thing. Right now I'm working on the fourth book covering the SNES, CD-i, Jag, and 3DO, and it's going great.

For the fifth book (if there is one), I might have to change the format and just provide a brief description of each game with no review material. I can't possibly play all those PS1 games, and, like you said, there's a space problem.

Not sure exactly what I'll do, though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 8bitgamer View Post
    Yeah, I've been thinking about that very thing. Right now I'm working on the fourth book covering the SNES, CD-i, Jag, and 3DO, and it's going great.

For the fifth book (if there is one), I might have to change the format and just provide a brief description of each game with no review material. I can't possibly play all those PS1 games, and, like you said, there's a space problem.

Not sure exactly what I'll do, though.
    Perhaps the fifth book could be split into two parts, and you could get a friend to help you play the games. With two books worth you could probably split the games between you and your friend, and the books would take about as long to make as the other ones. You can sell them as a two-pack and seperately, in case people don't have enough money for both.

Besides, the Saturn came out first, and that has less games than PlayStation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Perhaps the fifth book could be split into two parts, and you could get a friend to help you play the games. With two books worth you could probably split the games between you and your friend, and the books would take about as long to make as the other ones. You can sell them as a two-pack and seperately, in case people don't have enough money for both.

Besides, the Saturn came out first, and that has less games than PlayStation.
    Not a bad idea--I actually considered getting someone to do the CD-i and 3DO portions of Vol 4, but I decided to buck up and tackle them myself. I'm having fun familiarizing myself with two systems that I hadn't spent much time with in the past.

One problem with the PSX is getting access to so many games. My PS1 collection is pretty slim--unlike older systems, I only buy and keep what I like, which is about 50 or 60 titles.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 8bitgamer View Post
    Not a bad idea--I actually considered getting someone to do the CD-i and 3DO portions of Vol 4, but I decided to buck up and tackle them myself. I'm having fun familiarizing myself with two systems that I hadn't spent much time with in the past.

One problem with the PSX is getting access to so many games. My PS1 collection is pretty slim--unlike older systems, I only buy and keep what I like, which is about 50 or 60 titles.
    Become a pirate.

Or if that's not your thing, then maybe someone on these forums has a large PS1 collection. They might let you use their collection if you ask, but I can't gurantee that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Become a pirate.

Or if that's not your thing, then maybe someone on these forums has a large PS1 collection. They might let you use their collection if you ask, but I can't gurantee that.
    Definitely not a pirate, but I did borrow quite a few games to complete the earlier books.