Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: March 2011 Finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default March 2011 Finds

Happy March to everyone!

I will start of the March finds with a NES that I found at GW. The bonus surprise I found while waiting in line was that it had Tetris in the game slot! Too bad Goodwill decided that the hookups, AC and controllers were worthy of being bagged separately and charged more for than the deck. I passed as I have extras at home.
    Condoleezza Rice is nice, but I prefer A Roni!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

5 bucks for Nightmare. 2 for Adventure Island and 3 for TMNT 3. Not a bad start to the month. Tomorrow is my first trip to the outdoor flea market of the year (supposed to be in the 50's) so hopefully I have some decent luck.

Casual Collector Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Shotmastarich
    PSN
    Radiantsvgun

Time to get March started off right:

www.famicomshop.com -best place for famicom stuff. Run by a DP member.
    Radiant's Ongoing Ebay Auctions

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Johnny Mnemonic is sealed and was $2.
    Fallout + Fallout 2 is in that cheapo Interplay rerelease from a few years back. $3. I wasn't going to buy it, but since Interplay REFUSES TO LOWER THE DAMN PRICE on digital distribution sites...
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Mokida

Today was a good day for me! ^_^

-Earth in Flower ($20) ~ Brand new and still sealed
    -Bose QuietComfort 3 Acoustic Noise Cancelling headphones ($12) ~ In very good condition with charger and rechargeable battery

The guy who was selling the Bose headphones told me that the headphones will not produce any music without it turning on so he thought it was somewhat broken and offered it for $12. I brought it, cleaned it, and charged the battery when I got home and did a quick search online while verifying whether these were real or not (it's genuine). Turns out it wasn't "broken" as claimed by the seller since you were supposed to turn it on in order to listen to the music in addition to having the noise canceling feature. Score!

The other item is very special <3 That book was actually a first print of the first edition of its kind. There are only 886 copies made of this hardcover edition and it's over 500 pages long. Most importantly, the information and history about the classical Khmer dance was more valuable since the original records were thought to be destroyed and lost during the Khmer Rouge regime (do a quick search, it's not pretty). Now, I can learned more about the Khmer's classical dance rich history and share them with my friends and children in the future ^w^

I lived my life with no fear nor hatred... For these traits are certain to the content of my immortal being.

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I found something which I personally think is killer. I was at the lot sale this morning and found a Realistic Concertmate 300, mint in the original box. The Concertmate 300 is the Radioshack branded version of the Casio PT-1, which was in turn based off the famous Casio VL-1. It was $1 and in my opinion a great find, perhaps not everyone's cup of tea.

Also, a platinum Gamecube with the hookups in unknown working condition, $5.
    Last edited by Ryaan1234; 03-01-2011 at 07:11 PM.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Pretzel (Level 4) miaandjohnrule's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    OriginalRope

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantSvgun View Post
    Time to get March started off right
    How much?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Quote Originally Posted by miaandjohnrule View Post
    How much?
    Right there with ya!

I had to leave work early today to help my mother-in-law with some stuff around her house and stopped at the Movie Trading Co. afterward. Picked up:

Stupid Invaders (Dreamcast) mint $12
    Gladiator Last Pinball (Saturn) mint $4
    Double Switch (Sega CD) mint $4

Been looking for Stupid Invaders for a long time and this copy is perfect! I don't need either of the other two games, but the cases are perfect, no cracks, no scuffs - so for $4 each, I'll upgrade the cases of some of my more rare and expensive games, then resell the other games for a couple bucks in bad cases.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Shotmastarich
    PSN
    Radiantsvgun

Quote Originally Posted by miaandjohnrule View Post
    How much?
    After fees+ shipping? A little over $300. Not bad considering the system is beautiful. A lot of those games I don't want are going to get sold, so that will bring the cost down some more.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

GameCube Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds for $5.99 and Game Boy Exodus: Journey to the Promised Land for $1.99 at Goodwill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantSvgun View Post
    After fees+ shipping? A little over $300. Not bad considering the system is beautiful. A lot of those games I don't want are going to get sold, so that will bring the cost down some more.
    Nice deal. I miss my Duo, not enough to take the plunge and buy another one, but I get closer all the time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I came across a few interesting things today. Picked up four SNES carts (Breath Of Fire, NBA Jam T.E., Carrier Aces, and Super Mario All-Stars) for $2.92 each, one of which looks to be a pirate using an original US cart shell. I found a complete Lee Trevino's Fighting Golf for the NES for $1.98 that I couldn't pass up even though it's a sports title (something I have a severe aversion to collecting), an original model Apple Newton MessagePad with a corroded battery for $8.49, and at a store I've driven past loads of times but never ventured into until today called Second Hand Sports, a Sega Genesis CDX power supply for $9.99.

The NBA Jam SNES cart looks to be a pirate, but they used an original shell with the six-sided screws. It might not be an original cart case though, since the back where the copyright sticker is located isn't all that rounded off at the corners as an original. Anyway, picked it up just because it was weird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by orangest View Post

GameCube Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds for $5.99 and Game Boy Exodus: Journey to the Promised Land for $1.99 at Goodwill.
    Who would have thought that was a $50.00 game. Those buffy fans are an odd bunch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Shotmastarich
    PSN
    Radiantsvgun

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid View Post
    Nice deal. I miss my Duo, not enough to take the plunge and buy another one, but I get closer all the time.
    Thats how I was, but the itch got the best of me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Today's finds:

$5 for the Diablo Battle Chest box with one copy of Diablo and two copies of Diablo II. The guy also had a copy of Lord of Destruction but he wanted $5 for that alone and I said no. It only had books and one LoD CD inside.
    $1 for each of the Double Ender games.

Monster Rancher 2 (CD + manual) - $3
    Take Your Best Shot (Windows 3.1 version), Squirrel Nut Zippers: Perennial Favorites, The Psychedelic Furs: All of this and nothing (Edit: CD has rot, it won't rip, goddamnit!), $1 each. I already have Perennial Favorites but the case was pretty stained, and well, this one isn't.

Resident Evil longbox (usual unglued edges)
    Parallels Desktop Switch to Mac Edition (Version 5)
    Vampire The Masquerade Redemption (CDs + key)
    Picture It! Photo Premium 9
    $6 total!

Yay~

Edit: The Resident Evil longbox includes a very interesting Capcom catalog that has longbox mockup artwork for Fox Hunt, Buster Bros. Collection, and Resident Evil - this one is pretty funny because it's just a (live action) dude holding a shotgun, and he looks like he's crapping his pants!
    Last edited by Kitsune Sniper; 03-02-2011 at 01:02 PM.
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I feel like a kid at Christmas right now. Why? Because my copy Solatorobo arrived this morning! I was too busy with other stuff to check the mail. So I didn't realize it had come in, until my Dad looked and found the package in the box we have for our newspapers.

Anyway, I opened it up and discovered that Play-Asia had sent me a copy of the Solatorobo Prelude Disc along with the game. I wasn't expecting to get the disc, since it was a preorder item.

I've only played up to the first save point, but I'm loving the game so far! Later, I'm going to figure out how to download the Wi-Fi quests.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

All from the same salvation army.

I can't change my avatar. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

Found this guy at Gamestop for $17. Everything looks to be there but I will compare it to mine to make sure. It is in better condition than mine which I bought new. Such a shame when you think they probably only gave the kid $5 for it.

Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Porksta

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Kitsune Sniper: What is the deal with all the Mac software you keep finding? Is there just a lot of it in the areas you shop in? Or do you just have a better eye at spotting it? I'm wondering, because I almost never find Mac software around me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    Kitsune Sniper: What is the deal with all the Mac software you keep finding? Is there just a lot of it in the areas you shop in? Or do you just have a better eye at spotting it? I'm wondering, because I almost never find Mac software around me.
    Most of the stuff I buy comes from middle to northern California, which I imagine is Mac heaven. Anyway... I typically don't pick this stuff up unless I know I can sell it (or use it, in the case of old shareware CDs). Other resellers just ignore those programs because they're for Macs and not many people have 'em around here.

I've found software for all sorts of different OSes - Amiga, Macs, Windows, OS/2, and such. I just tend to look harder than the other resellers.