CPS2 multi-game

Insert Coin (Level 0) Joe Redifer's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Black Tiger
    Off the top of my head, I have-
    Off the top of your head? OFF THE TOP OF YOUR HEAD???? There could be more giant arcades at your place that could have slipped your mind?

Can I borrow some arcade machines?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Reposting my list (which is pages back) with updates. But first...here's what I USED to own. I got this entire lot (and there were over 60 machines in it) for $550 Also came with something like 10 boxes of classic PCBs, and another 5 of manuals and such, as well as stacks of boxes of parts, coin mechs, pinball machine legs, and more....

Not pictured:
    Q-Bert (dead)
    Major Havoc (flyback toast)
    Playboy pinball
    Joust 2 Player cocktail pinball (needed a LOT of TLC)
    Kiss pinball
    Spy Hunter pinball
    Some of the cabs
    A bunch more NSM and other jukeboxes (all 45s)

scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And here's what I own now:

Along with these PCBs:

Neo Geo MVS games:
    Alpha Mission II US MVS cart
    Andro Dunos US MVS Kit #059284
    Blazing Star US MVS cart
    Burning Fight US MVS cart
    Crossed Swords US MVS cart # 019532
    Cyber-Lip
    King of Fighters '98
    Last Resort MVS cart # 041281
    Magical Drop 2 US MVS cart # 000036
    Magician Lord
    Metal Slug US MVS Kit # 008103
    Metal Slug 3 US MVS Kit # 40633
    Neo Drift Out
    Ninja Combat US MVS cart
    Ninja Commando US MVS cart
    Pulstar US MVS cart
    Sengoku 3 US MVS cart
    Shock Troopers
    Shock Troopers 2 US MVS Kit # 010347
    The Last Blade
    Top Hunter
    Twinkle Star Sprites MVS cart
    Viewpoint
    Windjammers US MVS cart

Arcade Games
    19XX: The War of Destiny (CPS2, suicided)
    1944: The Loop Master (CPS2)
    Armed Police Batrider (Raizing)
    Brave Blade (Raizing)
    Buster Bros.
    Cadash
    Cadillacs & Dinosaurs (bootleg)
    Change Air Blade (quite rare)
    Columns '97 (ST-V cart)
    Contra
    Cotton 2 (ST-V cart)
    Cotton Boomerang (ST-V cart)
    Die Hard Trilogy (ST-V cart)
    Dodonpachi Dai Ou Jou (white label, battery removed)
    Dogyuun (Toaplan)
    Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom (CPS2)
    Dynasty Wars (Tenchi Wo Kurao)
    Esp.Ra.De (Cave)
    Exvania (sooooo rare)
    Great Mahou Daisakusen (CPS2, Raizing)
    Guardian Force (ST-V cart)
    Gunforce (Irem)
    Heavy Unit
    Hellfire (Toaplan)
    Karnov (Data East)
    Knights of the Round (Capcom)
    Mr. Driller 2 (Namco)
    Neo Geo One-Slot motherboard
    Night Raid (G-Net card)
    Out Zone (Toaplan)
    Psyvariar Medium Unit (GNet card)
    Psyvariar Revision (GNet card)
    Puyo Puyo Sun (ST-V cart)
    Progear No Arashi (CPS2, bootleg)
    Rabbit Punch (scrambled)
    Rally Bike (Toaplan)
    R-Type (Irem)
    R-Type II
    R-Type Leo (Irem)
    Sega ST-V motherboard (Dual Bios)
    Shienryu (ST-V cart)
    Shikigami No Shiro (GNet card)
    Sidearms (scrambled)
    Sky Shark (Toaplan)
    Soukyugurentai/Terra Diver (Raizing)
    Snow Bros: Nick & Tom (Toaplan)
    Star Trigon
    Super Contra (Konami)
    Super Puzzle Bobble (GNet card)
    Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo (CPS2)
    Taito G-Net motherboard (V2)
    Tank Force (Namco)
    Tatsujin Oh! (Toaplan)
    Truxton (Toaplan)
    V-V (Toaplan)
    Varth: Operation Thunderbolt (Capcom)
    Warriors of Fate (Capcom, bootleg)
    Winter Heat (ST-V cart)
    Wyvern Wings
    XII Stag (GNet card)
    X-Multiply (Irem)
    Zero Wing (Toaplan)

WHEW! I think that's it for now....don't have anything else coming in at the moment either as far as I know....

Insert Coin (Level 0) QuickSciFi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
    Off the top of your head? OFF THE TOP OF YOUR HEAD???? There could be more giant arcades at your place that could have slipped your mind?

You beat me to it. Lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I used to have many more cabinets and a lot more boards. I'm not sure which ones I got rid of when I thinned things down (after building a Mame cabinet).

I'm actually considering either giving away or selling for very little the Daytona set since it takes up way too much room.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

For me I think this happened around the 20-or-so machine mark. By the time I owned 20 machines, I must've bought and sold 50. More than once I would go out to my backyard shed to play a game only to remember that, oh yeah, I sold that one.

It would be different if I bought one every time I sold one, but it rarely works out that way. Sometimes I mean to buy one but end up with three, or I trade two-for-one, or one dies and I forget about it. For a while whenever people asked me how many machines I owned, I was answering "20ish", which blew their minds. Then it was 25ish, then 30ish. Now it's back to around 20ish.

I think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maxlords View Post
    Reposting my list (which is pages back) with updates. But first...here's what I USED to own. I got this entire lot (and there were over 60 machines in it) for $550 Also came with something like 10 boxes of classic PCBs, and another 5 of manuals and such, as well as stacks of boxes of parts, coin mechs, pinball machine legs, and more....
    Ah man is that cool! Those two Mata Hari pinballs look nice, currently rebuilding the backbox to mine. Can't say I've seen a lot of that size go up on one listing, was it an auction or someone tell you about a place that was closing? Seems like an incredible score and unless you had a storage warehouse or retail front I cannot see having so many machines on-hand. That's also a good number of trips with a 24' truck unless the property conveyed with the machines!
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cyberfluxor View Post
    Ah man is that cool! Those two Mata Hari pinballs look nice, currently rebuilding the backbox to mine. Can't say I've seen a lot of that size go up on one listing, was it an auction or someone tell you about a place that was closing? Seems like an incredible score and unless you had a storage warehouse or retail front I cannot see having so many machines on-hand. That's also a good number of trips with a 24' truck unless the property conveyed with the machines!
    It was a lot that belonged to the dad of a girl I went to university with. He had em all in storage since the 80s when the arcade he was a part of folded, and didn't want to see em all go the landfill so he saved his favorites. Unfortunately he couldn't afford the storage fees any longer, so I took them all off his hands for free. It cost me $550 to rent the 2 semi trailers to haul em all in

I tried opening up a retro arcade but it ended up failing due to poor demand, limited advertising, and location. I had to store the whole lot in a warehouse in the back of my friend's bookstore (free rent though) and he didn't want to run it while the bookstore was open. I sold and traded machines for the repairs and to pay for repainting and wiring up the warehouse to use as an arcade. With my limited income....it was a total failure since I couldn't get a decent location. Ended up selling the lot for 10K to someone on the newsgroups, they came and took it all away. It was a hell of an experience though...and every single machine in there got the hell played out of it!

From the sales.....I gave half to my friend's dad too. I ended up coming out a few grand ahead and I had a lot of fun...but I'd never buy a lot that big again!

As for the pins, one of those Mata Haris worked well, the other, not so much. Not pictured were also a Flash Gordon, a Bally Playboy, a Bally Kiss, the Spy Hunter I bought (fully shopped for $500) and the Joust

On top of that, the guy that fixed my machines lent me a High Speed, a Pinbot, and a Bride of Pinbot to use as well. He lent me a few other machines too....Aliens, Carrier Airwing, etc, as well as a couple of pool tables. I wish I'd thought to take better pictures back then but there were a few other swank machines in there, like a working Phoenix, a Gunsmoke, and a few others I can't remember off the top of my head, as well as a couple of non-working EMs, a dead 2 player Super Sprint, and a handful of other goodies.
    Last edited by maxlords; 04-28-2011 at 01:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It was a lot that belonged to the dad of a girl I went to university with. He had em all in storage since the 80s when the arcade he was a part of folded, and didn't want to see em all go the landfill so he saved his favorites. Unfortunately he couldn't afford the storage fees any longer, so I took them all off his hands for free. It cost me $550 to rent the 2 semi trailers to haul em all in

I tried opening up a retro arcade but it ended up failing due to poor demand, limited advertising, and location. I had to store the whole lot in a warehouse in the back of my friend's bookstore (free rent though) and he didn't want to run it while the bookstore was open. I sold and traded machines for the repairs and to pay for repainting and wiring up the warehouse to use as an arcade. With my limited income....it was a total failure since I couldn't get a decent location. Ended up selling the lot for 10K to someone on the newsgroups, they came and took it all away. It was a hell of an experience though...and every single machine in there got the hell played out of it!

From the sales.....I gave half to my friend's dad too. I ended up coming out a few grand ahead and I had a lot of fun...but I'd never buy a lot that big again!

As for the pins, one of those Mata Haris worked well, the other, not so much. Not pictured were also a Flash Gordon, a Bally Playboy, a Bally Kiss, the Spy Hunter I bought (fully shopped for $500) and the Joust

On top of that, the guy that fixed my machines lent me a High Speed, a Pinbot, and a Bride of Pinbot to use as well. He lent me a few other machines too....Aliens, Carrier Airwing, etc, as well as a couple of pool tables. I wish I'd thought to take better pictures back then but there were a few other swank machines in there, like a working Phoenix, a Gunsmoke, and a few others I can't remember off the top of my head, as well as a couple of non-working EMs, a dead 2 player Super Sprint, and a handful of other goodies.
    Wow man, good story!

A handful of us out here have been thinking about opening a place with an arcade and pinball row, maybe 20 machines. Other ideas bouncing around to be included in the space, but man is the risk high but the location could be incredible due to the foot traffic it receives. Just don't know, times are so flaky and a few of the arcade spots here have closed up their extra locations or relocated to high traffic spots. If they had the pockets to research the market then it may not be a good idea to attempt near their old turf.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Haven't been a regular on the forums here in probably 5-6 years or more, so new account, new collection posts. All are PCBs only, no dedicated cabinets, too cheap for that :

Aliens (US)
    Arcana Heart (JP)
    Bad Dudes vs Dragon Ninja (US)
    Battletoads (US)
    Blandia (JP)
    Bomberman (JP)
    Double Dribble (US)
    Dragon Ball Z (JP)
    Fatal Fury: KoF (US)
    Giga Wing (JP)
    Gradius II (JP; with manual and art cards)
    King of Fighters '94 (JP)
    King of Fighters '95 (JP, from what I remember)
    King of Fighters '02 (US)
    King of Fighters '03 (JP)
    Lode Runner: The Dig Fight (JP)
    Mars Matrix (JP)
    Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter (JP)
    Marvel vs Capcom (JP)
    Metal Slug 3 (US)
    Metal Slug X (US)
    Mobile Suit Gundam (JP)
    Mobile Suit Gundam Federation vs Zeon (JP)
    Mortal Kombat 3 (US)
    Ninja Gaiden (US)
    Pac-Man (US) (refurbished board)
    Primal Rage v.2.3 (US) (QUESTION: Is it normal for these to have a Japanese language option? Seemed strange to me)
    Puzz Loop 2 (JP)
    Rockman The Power Battle (JP)
    Rockman 2 The Power Fighters (JP)
    Samurai Shodown (US)
    Samurai Shodown II (US)
    Shock Troopers (JP)
    The Simpsons (2player) (JP)
    Street Fighter II' / Champion Edition (JP; with manual, movestrip, move cards)
    Street Fighter II' Turbo / Hyper Fighting (JP)
    Street Fighter Zero (JP)
    Street Fighter Zero 2 Alpha (JP)
    Strikers 1945 II (JP, from what I recall)
    Super Spacefortress Macross (JP)
    Super Street Fighter II The New Challengers (JP)
    Ultra Toukon Densetsu (JP)
    Ultraman (JP)

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Updated my list again, Post #104
    As of 6/22/21 I'm actively collecting CIB for Atari 2600! The links below are OLD, I've left them for reference for myself.
    http://www.atariage.com/forums/index...pic=124537&hl=
    http://www.atariage.com/forums/index...opic=98087&hl=
    http://www.atariage.com/forums/index...pic=124543&hl=

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have:

Nintendo Vs. Cocktail (Red Tent):
    Castlevania
    Duck Hunt
    Dr. Mario
    Excitebike
    Golf
    Ice Climber
    Super Mario Bros.
    Top Gun

Neo Geo MVS (2 Slot Mini):
    Bust-A-Move
    Crossed Swords
    Fatal Fury
    King of Fighters '99
    Metal Slug X
    Robo Army
    Samurai Showdown

And finally, Super Street Fighter II X (Turbo) CPS2, waiting to be installed in a Dynamo Z-Back

The Gentleman Thief Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj

Wow, that really is an awesome story dude! How long was your arcade open for? Love the pics too, that's a really nice selection of great games!

Quote Originally Posted by cyberfluxor View Post
    Wow man, good story!

A handful of us out here have been thinking about opening a place with an arcade and pinball row, maybe 20 machines. Other ideas bouncing around to be included in the space, but man is the risk high but the location could be incredible due to the foot traffic it receives. Just don't know, times are so flaky and a few of the arcade spots here have closed up their extra locations or relocated to high traffic spots. If they had the pockets to research the market then it may not be a good idea to attempt near their old turf.
    Seeing as I'm quoting a post from 5 months ago, did you guys ever try anything to run an arcade?

I'm on my way to obtaining my first arcade machine, a Tempest that's been sitting in the attic of my church for 20+ years now, hopefully in a few weeks I'll have it moved out and into my house, then I'll take pictures and post them in here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

This thread reminds me that I need to take some more recent pictures of my few games as well as update the information pages at my website.

My issue is I don't have any space but that's the issue no matter the size of your location in this hobby. Really though, I'm pushing it for the size of my apartment / all the other furniture in here. That was supposed to be resolved at the beginning of the summer with a move planned but that fell through, however to be honest that was probably for the best.

I'll go chronically since, again, I don't have a ton of machines. List first then some pictures.

Pole Position (upright) (few salvageable parts sold, MAME'd then decommissioned)
    Galaxian (cocktail)
    Klax (cabaret)
    Mini Galaga MAME (custom)
    Tetris (board only)
    Sly Spy (board only)

Pole Position upright was purchased for $50.00 and was a smoldering pile of shit, like, literally. The guy I bought it from thought it a good idea to take the back door off and put it in his garage right next to his cat's litter box. It ended up taking a completely thrashed (internally) machine and making it worse. Controls, coin door, glass work, and cabinet (aside from the stench which Atari cabs love to soak up) were all in good shape but almost everything else was totally rotted. Scrapped the monitor and anything else that was headed for the trash. Some parts including the damaged PCB's were sold to people to help them restore their machines. Entire cabinet was gutted and scrubbed down, sanded, scrubbed down, painted - essentially restored. The vinyl on the sides was in decent shape so it was left alone but I removed the bottom inch or so due to peeling. Over the course of a couple months I converted it to MAME without doing any external modifications. I kept it tight and cheap, using a mouse for all control inputs (steering, shift hi, accelerator on/off) and a little keyboard hack for the coin mech.

The one thing I kick myself for not doing was keeping a detailed measurement set or template for this...

Yeah, I made an entirely new monitor shroud for the original monitor size and never documented it. Sorry PP owners of the world! The cabinet was a lot of fun but after a couple years of playing a simulated Pole Position (as well as PPII, Indy Heat, Championship Sprint, etc.) I started to desire the pain in the ass task of keeping up with an original machine. That and the cabinet is bulky as all get out. So I stripped it once again, put the control surfaces in storage and the glass is hanging on the wall. Anyone want a COMPLETELY empty Pole Position cabinet for free? It's in the central valley and I'll be down there in October to help load it. Seriously.

Galaxian cocktail table was purchased off the show floor at California Extreme 2008 for $500.00 - yeah, retail price. I don't know what it was but I HAD to have it. It's serial number 0367 and has the early version board with the more difficult gameplay. The invaders shoot in front of them rather than dropping shots behind, effectively leading their target (you). I've done a little work to the machine here and there, removing the security brackets on the coin door, replacing the player 2 control lever, little things. Too bad no one makes a correctly colored reproduction Galaxian cocktail overlay.

I should also mention that if you want to get technical the machine cost me nothing. I sold my mint set of English translated Sailor Moon manga books on eBay to purchase the machine, the entire machine. They sold in a few hours for a Buy It Now. Those same books are on their way to becoming essentially worthless with the manga having a more accurate English re-translation and reprinting that begins this Tuesday (9/13/2011).

Klax cabaret was a grail of mine I was after for a long, long, long time. On the seventh or eighth attempt at purchasing a Klax cabaret machine I finally made the connection and got this one for $225.00 delivered. Pretty damn clean inside and out with the exception of the usual wear from play. The control panel has some cigarette burns and the typical Klax purple to brown fading. Reminds me I was supposed to contact Rich at This Old Game about doing a reproduction of the cabaret panels. The only thing I dread about this machine is the day I have to work on the monitor since I don't see how you'd discharge the monitor before getting it out due to the shape of the cabinet.

A little while later I bought a Tetris board since their control panel layouts are identical. Last month I built a JAMMA extender and now have both boards mounted in the cabinet, swappable through the coin door via a connector swap.

And my pride, a Galaga mini MAME cabinet. Custom cabinet based upon the full size original, roughly 3/5ths full size. I didn't build the cabinet but was awarded it as part of a repair contract. It was running a little plug and play joystick with a TV but I pulled that stuff out and made it into a classic vertical orientation MAME cabinet. It's in storage with my parents and damn I'd love to have it here. That should show how tight space is.

Marquee and bezel rework were done by me.

It actually plays really comfortable if you sit at it, almost like a cocktail table upright.

As for Sly Spy I don't have a cabinet to play it in but the board was a really good deal and I have a marquee and bezel for it as well.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    duoconflywheels

Just picked up a new shoot 'em up PCB today - Thunder Dragon. I was contemplating selling my Raiden Fighters 2 cabinet since I'm having to move my "man cave" to a smaller room, but I figured I'd keep it since it was a wedding gift from my wife. Was bored w/ Raiden Fighters (thanks to the Xbox 360) so I searched out a new PCB. This is the first board I've bought so I'm hoping it really is as easy as plug and play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I guess it's time to update my list again; with the recent addition of a dedicated Bank Panic, I'm now sitting at eleven cabs. They are:

-Lunar Lander
    -Frogger
    -Kickman
    -Ms. Pac-Man
    -PlayChoice-10 (Dual Monitor)
    -Bank Panic
    -Bubble Bobble
    -Tetris (Cocktail)
    -Anteater
    -Zoo Keeper (project - not working)
    -and a Neo 29 Candy Cab operating as a covert MAME
    "And remember ladies: if it ain't tight, it ain't right!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

That's a nice collection of classics, man! My friend has a working Zoo Keeper and a non-working Tetris. You guys should swap war stories, hah.

Insert Coin (Level 0) RetroGaming Roundup's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks to the topic of our October show I finally got around to posting a walkthrough of my arcade -Scott

http://www.retrogamingroundup.com/vi...alkthrough.htm
    Check out our show at www.RetroGamingRoundup.com

We LOVE CGE