Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 50 and Bottom 40 Wii games (including WiiWare)

Insert Coin (Level 0) Merlins Beard's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mario Kart..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Merlins Beard View Post
    Mario Kart..
    Good one. I didn't realize that was coming so soon!

I'll be keeping an eye on Mario Kart, Wii Fit, Nights: Journey of Dreams, and No More Heroes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Though I've only played the first game, I would suspect based on the previews thus far that the new Trauma Center: New Blood will likely be on that top 25 list. Also, I'm a big fan of Super Swing Golf, but I don't really see it listed either way. I've read previews that everything most reviewers felt was wrong with the first game, has been fixed in the sequel. I believe Trauma Center: New Blood may be out already, and Super Swing Golf 2 comes out very soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -^Cro§Bow^- View Post
    Though I've only played the first game, I would suspect based on the previews thus far that the new Trauma Center: New Blood will likely be on that top 25 list.
    Trauma Center: New Blood has been receiving mixed reviews. It's weird...some reviewers love it, but others feel like the single player mode is way too difficult. Overall, it's rating is a 7.3 out of 10.
    Last edited by Rob2600; 12-03-2007 at 04:26 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2600 View Post
    I haven't been keeping up with previews. Are there any other Wii games coming out within the next few months besides Super Smash Bros. Brawl and No More Heroes that could crack the top 25?
    I don't know whether it will crack the top 25 (especially since the U.S. release has been pushed back once already), but I'm looking forward to Endless Ocean. Even if that game turns out to be just a graphically-updated Everblue 2, I'll be a happy camper, er, scuba diver.

And here's hoping No More Heroes doesn't get delayed because of the gratuitous violence the game supposedly contains...
    If I failed to leave feedback for you on a deal, please contact me.
    My Digital Press Feedback

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree that the Rapala Fishing game was horrible... Don't buy it, the fishing game on Wii Play is way more fun. I haven't played much Wii other than the Wii Play and Wii Sports- but today I got 2 early christmas gifts- Metroid Prime 3 and Ghost Squad, which I am both really looking forward to playing. But the Zapper is proving a little hard to find.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Reviews for Cruis'n are starting to pop up and they're unfavorable. I've added the game to the worst 20 Wii games list in the original post.

I must point out that based on the high-res videos I watched on IGN, the graphics don't seem nearly as bad as IGN's review states. I know Cruis'n might not be a great video game, but is this another case of reviewers trying to outdo each other with over-the-top bashing? If so, I hate when that happens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've updated the worst Wii games list and expanded it from 20 to 25. So many horrible Wii games have been released recently and I want to help make sure nobody wastes money on them!

I added:

Alvin and the Chipmunks
    Game Party
    Jenga: World Tour
    Mini Desktop Racing
    Offroad Extreme Special Edition

I made some tweaks to the top 25 Wii games list, but not much has changed recently. I wonder what the next game to make it into the list will be? Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3? Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords? NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams? Nitrobike? Rygar: The Battle of Argus? Endless Ocean?
    Last edited by Rob2600; 12-15-2007 at 11:21 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As a Wii owner I thank you for the list and updates, it is fun to see the good, bad and ugly.

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I concur. You saved me from Ninjabread Man. I swapped it for the Zapper a few weeks ago.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chadt74 View Post
    As a Wii owner I thank you for the list and updates, it is fun to see the good, bad and ugly.
    You're welcome. I enjoy compiling lists like this. In fact, I had created a spreadsheet in the late 1990s with all of the magazine and web site review scores for Nintendo 64 games. Every month, I'd update the spreadsheet with new games and scores. This was years before anything like Metacritic, Gamestats, or Gamerankings existed. I worked at a video game store at the time, so I had free access to every video game publication out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus Moonsight View Post
    I concur. You saved me from Ninjabread Man. I swapped it for the Zapper a few weeks ago.
    Cool. Before Ninjabread Man was released, I looked at some screenshots and it looked like it'd be a fun, silly, enjoyable game. However, the reviews state the game isn't even worth $20. D'oh!
    Last edited by Rob2600; 12-14-2007 at 06:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wonder what the next game to make it into the list will be? Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3? Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords? NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams? Nitrobike? Rygar: The Battle of Argus? Endless Ocean?
    I just updated the top 25 Wii games list in the original post. Reviews are beginning to trickle in for NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams and it has received an 8.1 overall so far, so I added it to the list. I hope the rest of the reviews are as positive!

If anyone buys it tomorrow and plays it, let us know how it is.

UPDATE: A few more NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams reviews are in and its overall score has gotten a bit lower (7.4). It's still not bad and there are plenty more reviews still to come.
    Last edited by Rob2600; 12-18-2007 at 10:33 PM.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've read some user reviews for Puzzle Quest and they've pretty much said they've completely ruined this game when they ported it over to Wii. The controls are supposed to be bad and people are having trouble reading the text. Since I don't have a DS or PSP I'm wondering about the PS2 version. Maybe I should just wait until I get a 360.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZackyH View Post
    I've read some user reviews for Puzzle Quest and they've pretty much said they've completely ruined this game when they ported it over to Wii. The controls are supposed to be bad and people are having trouble reading the text. Since I don't have a DS or PSP I'm wondering about the PS2 version. Maybe I should just wait until I get a 360.
    That's weird. So far, the reviews for the Wii version of Puzzle Quest are a 7.3 overall, which is pretty good. I haven't played it though.
    Last edited by Rob2600; 12-20-2007 at 11:51 AM.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's weird. So far, the reviews for the Wii version of Puzzle Quest are a 7.3 overall, which is pretty good. I haven't played it though.
    Yeah, IGN gave it a 7 but says, "At $30, the Wii version of Puzzle Quest is the most expensive out there. But it looks, sounds, and controls worse than versions that cost half that."

Reviews on Amazon have been a lot harder on the game giving it 1 and 2 star ratings because of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just added a new game to the worst 25 Wii games list in the original post:

The Golden Compass

Congratulations to Shiny Entertainment for developing this piece of garbage and to Sega for publishing it.
    Last edited by Rob2600; 12-21-2007 at 10:59 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I added The History Channel: Battle for the Pacific to the worst 25 Wii games list.

No More Heroes is starting to receive great reviews, but I want to wait for a few more scores before I add it to the top 25 list.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'm waiting for no more heros game looks pretty solid, and I've only read encouraging things. I 've wanted to play killer 7 for awhile but haven't picked a copy up yet..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Killer 7 certainly has an interesting story and the graphics are lovely, but I'm not totally sold on the gameplay.

But No More Heroes looks like it'll be more of a traditional game, and I like what I've read from the designers saying that they're going to use motion controls but they're not going overboard with them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I updated both lists in the original post and extended them from 25 to 30.

I'm watching a few new/upcoming games that might be very good:

No More Heroes
    Samurai Warriors Katana
    Nitrobike
    Bomberman Land
    Super Swing Golf Season 2
    Cars Mater-National
    Asterix at the Olympic Games

Any thoughts or impressions? I'll give them some more time to see how their scores average out.

I also added three games to the worst 30 Wii games list:

M&M's Kart Racing
    Counter Force
    Kidz Sports Basketball

EDIT: IGN just reviewed Indianapolis 500 Legends and gave it a decent score, so it's off the worst 30 Wii games list for now, but just barely. I'll be watching for any new reviews though.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoCandy View Post
    I'm waiting for no more heros game looks pretty solid, and I've only read encouraging things. I 've wanted to play killer 7 for awhile but haven't picked a copy up yet..
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Koch View Post
    Killer 7 certainly has an interesting story and the graphics are lovely, but I'm not totally sold on the gameplay.

But No More Heroes looks like it'll be more of a traditional game, and I like what I've read from the designers saying that they're going to use motion controls but they're not going overboard with them.
    I saw a used copy of Killer 7 for the GameCube for $6 at GameStop, but didn't buy it. I should have. If I see another one, I will.

No More Heroes should be great. Twelve more days...
    Last edited by Rob2600; 01-10-2008 at 10:42 PM.