Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Playstation Vita

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Playstation Vita

its been confirmed that the vita will be region free when it launches this dec in japan. i wonder if the dlc and movies and such will have a problem when you use a japan vita in america next year?

http://psp.ign.com/articles/119/1195...#disqus_thread

From NeoGAF comes confirmation of something we kind of already suspected but didn't exactly know for sure: PlayStation Vita is region-free, just like the PSP and PlayStation 3. This means that you can play a game from any territory on the handheld, and it will work just fine without having to modify or otherwise alter your Vita.

Twitter user @lonelypessimist Tweeted friend of Podcast Beyond Shuhei Yoshida (@yosp), President of Sony's Worldwide Studios. He asked "is it confirmed yet if vita is region free?" to which Yoshida succinctly answered "Yes, it is."

i didnt see a dedicated vita thread, perhaps one can be made?
    Last edited by dairugger; 09-17-2011 at 01:14 AM.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Being a Gundam fan and absolutely no games come to the US any longer, region free is another plus for me. Pair that with the great looking line up of launch and launch window games I'm sold.

Capcom announced Ultimate MvC 3 DLC tied to your PSN account will work on both the PS3 and Vita. It's good that the DLC will work multiplatform, but guess what(and this isn't about the Vita?) More pre release Capcom DLC. Bet it's already done and will be released after the games release.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

it looks like the vita will expand upon what the psp was, and i adored my psp, took it everywhere!, still do.

on another note it looks like the design of the vita has been tweaked slightly from what was shown at E3.
    http://psp.ign.com/articles/119/1194436p1.html

its also been confirmed the vita will have a external battery that will last 8-9 hours. i wonder how thatll look..
    Last edited by dairugger; 09-16-2011 at 09:07 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This was Sony's way of punking Nintendo for abandoning region free games on the 3DS. And it gives them one more bullet point to put on the back of the box although I doubt they will use it.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am sold on the Vita now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

i didnt see a dedicated vita thread, perhaps one can be made?
    Edit the topic to Playstation Vita.

Aside from having a ton of amazing games, there is one other thing the PSP did for Sony(not by Sony, but regardless.) I think it pretty much made a name for itself as the console for niche titles because that's really most of what was released when nothing else was coming out. I think a lot of announcements show this seems to have been carried over to the Vita.

So regardless if the Vita loses to the 3DS or not, atleast the Vita's going to have those niche developers on lockdown. :P
    Last edited by kupomogli; 09-16-2011 at 10:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I went from "on the fence" to "early adopter" for this system this past week. I keep seeing titles that appeal to me announced. Good stuff.

Great Puma (Level 12) DeputyMoniker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    tellUwut

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    This was Sony's way of punking Nintendo for abandoning region free games on the 3DS. And it gives them one more bullet point to put on the back of the box although I doubt they will use it.

Click here to view my collection.
    DP FFXIV Username & Server List.

PSN, Switch, U, Steam, and Twitch: tellUwut

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It is a big pain in the ass that the 3DS isn't region free for me, as I purchased a North American model, and I live in Australia. It will still be cheaper to import North American games than to buy them locally...
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have little doubts that Vita will kick 3DS' ass. And this is coming from someone who prefers his DS more than his PSP.

My only thing is that I don't really like portable gaming that much. When I leave the house, I can do other things besides play games. I really only own a DS and a PSP for the exclusives, but I would much rather play them on a tv.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Edit the topic to Playstation Vita.

Aside from having a ton of amazing games, there is one other thing the PSP did for Sony(not by Sony, but regardless.) I think it pretty much made a name for itself as the console for niche titles because that's really most of what was released when nothing else was coming out. I think a lot of announcements show this seems to have been carried over to the Vita.

So regardless if the Vita loses to the 3DS or not, atleast the Vita's going to have those niche developers on lockdown. :P
    done! Im one of those people who use my psp more than my consoles. i love jrpgs and old school gaming and the psp was a haven for those. my other half uses the tv while i game on my handheld, it works out great! maybe im one of those people who after looking at the screen a couple minutes doesnt realize what size it is.

well that and im constantly amazed i have something with that much power and can emulate my retro favorites all in one device, plus watch movies and music.

btw, heres the info on the external battery:

ポータブルチャージャー】

PlayStationŽVitaをフル充電可能なリチウムイオンバッテリー内蔵携帯型チャージャーです。 長時間のプレイ時や、外出時の予備としてご利用頂けます。

型番

PCH-ZPC1 J

希望小売価格

未定

発売日

2012年春発売予定

仕様

定格入力

5V/ 1.0A

定格出力

5V / 1.5A (USB Type-A)

電池容量

5,000mAh

サイズ

縦70.0mm × 横67.0mm × 厚さ22mm

重量

約145g
    Last edited by dairugger; 09-17-2011 at 01:37 AM.

Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

Although the Vita has been a day one for me for a while this just reinforces it.

The only sour grapes I have with the console now is the new memory card format, which is overly expensive in comparison to similar SD cards. Hopefully soon either the price will drop or someone will make a converter for Micro SD or something. Outside of that hickup I am really psyched for this console.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Even if the price for the memory cards don't drop, game cards are going to have enough space for both saves and dlc. Or atleast that's what we've been hearing.

I dislike DLC, but if it goes directly onto the game disc, then it's better than just going to a hard drive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i wonder how theyll do movies on the vita, will they release them in cases or download only? will they be region protected?

if anyones curious what the vita cases will look like, wonder no longer! heres a pic of the game case compared to other game and movie cases.
    Last edited by dairugger; 09-17-2011 at 03:41 AM.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

Even if the price for the memory cards don't drop, game cards are going to have enough space for both saves and dlc. Or atleast that's what we've been hearing.

I dislike DLC, but if it goes directly onto the game disc, then it's better than just going to a hard drive.

That's really cool. Maybe we'd be able to buy used games and find DLC already purchased on the game card? I can see it on ebay in my head already.

Used game no DLC - $30
    Used game with DLC - $40
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

I do like hearing that Sony is making a point of allocating space on the cards for saves and possible DLC (maybe bug squashing too) however I'm concerned about game downloads. Apparently they are again talking about some sort of program for those who own UMDs to get a voucher or something online for download to the Vita. I wouldn't mind trading in most of my UMD for a game download, but I would mind if it was more expensive then its worth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Since the Vita is going to be region free I might have to import one at launch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The region free thing is nice, but I was sold on the Vita anyway. I don't know if I'll get it at launch, but probably within the first year? It looks like Sony has addressed all of the PSP's shortcomings with the Vita, the addition of dual analog sticks, what appears to be a solid launch lineup of games, and a price that pretty much everyone expected.

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

I hope that Sony has put the on-off button at a better place than on the PSP-3000. It happened way too often that in the midst of an action-heavy game, I've accidentally hit the on-off button and put the game on sleep (not a big deal) or actually rebooted the PSP.

What sells me on the Vita is the announcement regarding the remake of Ys IV. I can only suppose that X-Seed will localize it and if such is the case, I'll definitely pick up the game, even if it means waiting for a while before actually having a Vita.

Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Sold! I was interested in the Vita after E3, but now all this information is out on the Vita I am definitely getting one, quite possibly at launch (something I rarely do).

The PSP is by far my favorite hand held. It is quite a versatile machine, especially after I had mine hacked!