Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: May 2012 Finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default May 2012 Finds

Most of my items are enroute and I'll have pics in a couple days or so. But somebody needed to make this thread.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It been slow on the gaming front. I've haven't found anything good in a while. That, and most of my spare cash has been going to my PS3 savings fund.

Today, I did find a few interesting things, but not all of them are game related:

Pokemon VHS Tapes for $1.00 each (Used) - I got four tapes that had some of my favorite episodes. Half the tapes are pretty worn out, but they're still better quality than the episodes I taped from the TV.

Sailor Moon Transformation Locket for 85 cents (Used) - I've been wanting one of these since I was a kid. It's kind of scuffed, and there was corrosion in the battery compartment. But after giving it a clean, I discovered it actually still works!

Sailor Moon Crescent Moon Jewelry Box for 85 cents (Used) - This toy isn't based on anything from the show or manga. However, it kind of reminds me of Sailor Venus' compact from her self titled manga.

I looked up the values of the two Sailor Moon toys, and I was shocked at how much people are paying for these things!

EDIT: In my excitement over the SM toys, I forgot to mention my one other find.

Bag of 15 Digimon Figures for 85 cents - They're only 2 inches tall, but are very well made. Oh, and they're all Digimon featured in season 2 of the anime.
    Last edited by SEGA_Queen; 05-01-2012 at 10:13 PM.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VexingEnmity
    PSN
    VexingEnmity

Not only do I like your name lol, but nice find on the locket.

I'm a huge sega fan myself.

If you ever think about getting rid of the locket let me know.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

I have a find that arrived today.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180863491091...84.m1439.l2649

Was pretty excited about finding this lot. I guess the 79.99 pricetag and the Sega CD problems scared people away. I needed the boxed Game Genie and the remote arcade pads. Everything else will be sold off at some point. That CIB Toejam & Earl is worth 1/4th+ of what I paid for the entire lot by itself. I already own a CIB copy though so no reason to have two. The Sega CD has a BIOS problem and I have several of those lying in my parts BIN; switch out some parts and I'll have another working system to resell.

Also had the documentation for the Model 1 Sega CD. I did not have one of those and that will be sufficient until I finally pony up the money for a boxed system. Sadly I have all of the games but that's just more money in my pocket. The lot even included a CIB copy of Sewer Shark; long time since I've seen one of those. However, I despise that game so it'll be sold too.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

technically an April find but I just got around to hooking it up and testing it. PSOne with power and av cable, no controller, 2.99 at Goodwill. Doesn't always read game discs, but 60% of the time, it works every time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who will be a bad enough dude to post the first pictures? Not me. All I found today was Exodus: Journey to the Promised Land cart only for $1.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Okay...

So today was mostly a bust. No CDs, no games, no music, no software. Nothing. I was pretty sad because I found nothing. Then I went to a booth that was just dumping stuff and I saw this.

... not just one, though. There were quite a few of these. BRAND NEW IN THE BAGGIE. I grabbed 'em all up and the seller wanted me to pay $1 for five... but I negotiated (before she realized just how many I grabbed) and ended up charging me six bucks.

Six dollars. For eighty one sealed Lunar Silver Star Story Complete maps. I'm not kidding. I figured, I can probably sell or trade these for cheap stuff but holy poop someone sold a used one of these for thirteen bucks on eBay last week. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I'M GONNA MAKE A LOT OF MONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY (yeah right)

Also of note that booth had a disc only Dark Wizard, and the back of a Vay case, both for Sega CD. Whoever had this stuff before was probably a Working Designs nut of a sort. Too bad the games were trashed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I don't usually post my finds but I found something neat enough to post. It's still new, and I've since taken the price sticker off without damage.

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    I don't usually post my finds but I found something neat enough to post. It's still new, and I've since taken the price sticker off without damage.

Sweet find! Are you actually going to use them?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Okay...

So today was mostly a bust. No CDs, no games, no music, no software. Nothing. I was pretty sad because I found nothing. Then I went to a booth that was just dumping stuff and I saw this.
    *Image deleted*

... not just one, though. There were quite a few of these. BRAND NEW IN THE BAGGIE. I grabbed 'em all up and the seller wanted me to pay $1 for five... but I negotiated (before she realized just how many I grabbed) and ended up charging me six bucks.

Six dollars. For eighty one sealed Lunar Silver Star Story Complete maps. I'm not kidding. I figured, I can probably sell or trade these for cheap stuff but holy poop someone sold a used one of these for thirteen bucks on eBay last week. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I'M GONNA MAKE A LOT OF MONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY (yeah right)

Also of note that booth had a disc only Dark Wizard, and the back of a Vay case, both for Sega CD. Whoever had this stuff before was probably a Working Designs nut of a sort. Too bad the games were trashed.
    I'd be interested in one or two.

I can't change my avatar. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

Guys, a record day for me. Never before have I spent triple digits at a thrift store in one trip. Never. Today, I almost spent $120. All prices are after discounts and taxes. Here goes:

Halo Xbox - $31.49
    N64 Controller - $5.50

Halo 3 (sealed) - $10.16
    Madden 11 - $1.50
    Hawaii Five-O Season 1 (sealed) - $5.48
    The Wire Season 5 (sealed) - $10.16
    Seinfeld Season 5 - $7.86

SSBM (no manual)- $3.89
    All other games - $5.48 each ($43.84 total)

The next store:

GTA Vice City CD - $2.10
    Fairy Tales Book - $1.05
    Ceramic Chinese Mudman - $6.30

Mail:

Tucker Max Book from Amazon - $15 or so
    Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Porksta

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Mokida

Quote Originally Posted by Porksta View Post
    Guys, a record day for me. Never before have I spent triple digits at a thrift store in one trip. Never. Today, I almost spent $120. All prices are after discounts and taxes. Here goes:

Halo Xbox - $31.49
    N64 Controller - $5.50

Halo 3 (sealed) - $10.16
    Madden 11 - $1.50
    Hawaii Five-O Season 1 (sealed) - $5.48
    The Wire Season 5 (sealed) - $10.16
    Seinfeld Season 5 - $7.86

SSBM (no manual)- $3.89
    All other games - $5.48 each ($43.84 total)

The next store:

GTA Vice City CD - $2.10
    Fairy Tales Book - $1.05
    Ceramic Chinese Mudman - $6.30

Mail:

Tucker Max Book from Amazon - $15 or so
    Good job on the finds! I really should be on a look out for a Pikmin 2 game someday! ^_^
    Last edited by PapaStu; 05-04-2012 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quoted pictures

I lived my life with no fear nor hatred... For these traits are certain to the content of my immortal being.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA_Queen View Post
    Sweet find! Are you actually going to use them?
    I'm planning to keep it sealed new, it's near impossible to find this type of stuff new anymore. Plus I don't have the comforter to match it, and my bed isn't twin size anyway. I'm not usually into merchandise that much but vintage Sonic stuff is what I always hope to find.

I found other stuff too but nothing really that special.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04897.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	5079

I bought a lot of "untested" controllers on eBay for some Sega gear and found these in the lot. I'm sure the joystick isn't worth anything (there's no manufacturer mark on it) but I want to make sure before I strip it down for parts. Those buttons will work great for a PS3 arcade stick I have planned.

However, I'm stumped by the blue PS1 controller. I've never seen one like it. Unlike the black controller, there's no model information on the back and as you can see, most of the labeling is non-existent. The only thing I can possibly think of is this went with one of the debugging units but I don't think the colors match and I've never seen a debug unit with one of these controllers. It weighs the same as the black controller (and my gray ones of the same model) and if I take it apart, I'm sure I'll confirm it as an official Sony controller. However, I don't feel like doing that right at this minute.

Does anyone have information on it?

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jaruff View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04897.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	5079

I bought a lot of "untested" controllers on eBay for some Sega gear and found these in the lot. I'm sure the joystick isn't worth anything (there's no manufacturer mark on it) but I want to make sure before I strip it down for parts. Those buttons will work great for a PS3 arcade stick I have planned.

However, I'm stumped by the blue PS1 controller. I've never seen one like it. Unlike the black controller, there's no model information on the back and as you can see, most of the labeling is non-existent. The only thing I can possibly think of is this went with one of the debugging units but I don't think the colors match and I've never seen a debug unit with one of these controllers. It weighs the same as the black controller (and my gray ones of the same model) and if I take it apart, I'm sure I'll confirm it as an official Sony controller. However, I don't feel like doing that right at this minute.

Does anyone have information on it?
    That controller reminds me of the near perfect knockoff controllers that can be found in every half assed "import" store, many variations differ from official ones only by the complete lack of any labeling. It probably won't make your PlayStation turn into goo but that is almost certainly trash.

Edit: Note the similarities:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/RED-Dual-Ana...item4845278d9b
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-Wired-...item48452abe4d
    Last edited by Tokimemofan; 05-03-2012 at 01:36 AM.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

Quote Originally Posted by Tokimemofan View Post
    That controller reminds me of the near perfect knockoff controllers that can be found in every half assed "import" store, many variations differ from official ones only by the complete lack of any labeling. It probably won't make your PlayStation turn into goo but that is almost certainly trash.

Edit: Note the similarities:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/RED-Dual-Ana...item4845278d9b
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-Wired-...item48452abe4d
    Yea, I took the controller apart and it's a primitive board. That's what I get for drinking too much tonight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Speaking of PS1 controllers of different colors, this reminded me of a white playstation controller I saw a while ago. Does anyone know what colors the Original PS Controllers came in? I don't know if it was just sunfaded badly or what but it definitely wasn't the stock gray color (nor was it the "psone rebranded" controller since there were no analogs).

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wallydawg View Post
    Speaking of PS1 controllers of different colors, this reminded me of a white playstation controller I saw a while ago. Does anyone know what colors the Original PS Controllers came in? I don't know if it was just sunfaded badly or what but it definitely wasn't the stock gray color (nor was it the "psone rebranded" controller since there were no analogs).
    Yeah that was a first generation color controller, a few others I have seen in the SCPH-1080 are red and smoke, most colors are harder to find that their DualShock counterparts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Kicked off the month with a new addition to my N64 collection: Mario Golf. As you can see, the cart needs a little cleaning, but the price was right: $2.50.

Last edited by DigitalSpace; 05-03-2012 at 08:47 AM.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

This was actually one of the last days of April, but I didn't get around to it. Picked these up off CL, with a working Vec system for $130 total. Star Trek is CIB and in very very nice shape, and there is an extra cart only ST, too.