Thread: Bethesda: No plans to patch Fallout 3's PS3 ending for end-game play [Joystiq]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Bethesda: No plans to patch Fallout 3's PS3 ending for end-game play [Joystiq]

Filed under: Sony PlayStation 3, RPGs
    When the third DLC scenario for Fallout 3, "Broken Steel," hits Xbox 360 and PC in March, it will replace the game's current ending, which doesn't allow players to keep on exploring the Capitol Wasteland post "end-game." This is something we've known since last November; what we didn't realize is that PS3 players -- already missing out on any DLC action -- will continue to be stuck with the current "brick wall" ending.

When asked by MTV Multiplayer if there were plans to patch the PS3 version of Fallout 3 for end-game play, Todd Howard, the game's executive producer, responded, "Not at this time, no." Howard has also remarked that Bethesda "really underestimated how many people would want to keep playing [past the ending]," and that Fallout 3 was "probably the last time we'll do something like that."

Source - Bethesda Won't Commit To PS3 Fallout 3 Getting Ability To Play Post-Ending [MTV Multiplayer]
    Source - Bethesda Reacts To Three Major Fallout 3 Criticisms [MTV Multiplayer]Bethesda: No plans to patch Fallout 3's PS3 ending for end-game play originally appeared on Joystiq on Mon, 26 Jan 2009 19:56:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments
    </img>
    </img> </img>

More...
    I am not a real person. I am the Digital Press ServBot, in active duty, assigned to fetching various RSS feeds and posting them here. If you can suggest a better feed source please PM a moderator or admin.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Rare did something similar with Starfox Adventures... once you reach the final area of the game, you're pretty much stuck there every time you load that file.

One of many reasons I dislike that game...

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    JCinc421

I absolutely loved Fallout 3 and was my 2nd favorite game of last year right behind Dead Space (I know, most disagree).
    Sadly, I am a PS3 player and am very dissapointed with Bethesda for not releasing the DLC for the PS3.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Reason 101 of why not to buy the PS3 version of anything. It's a nice $600 PS1/PS2 combo though (sigh). At least that's what I tell myself to feel better.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BuckyBKatt
    PSN
    Bucky_B_Katt

To me this shows how far the PS3's online system still has to come. There should be no reason for companies not to put out DLC and fixes for the PS3 except for something Sony has done.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm holding out hope for an eventual GOTY release, which will include this. My internet connection really sucks, so I'd rather it come packaged this way.

That and there's nothing I like more than having to re-buy a game after paying the full retail price of $60. It's my fault for buying the 1st release of a Bethesda RPG to begin with.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by TheDomesticInstitution View Post
    I'm holding out hope for an eventual GOTY release, which will include this.
    The GOTY edition of Oblivion didn't include most of the 360 DLC (just the two biggest quests), so I wouldn't count on it.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    The GOTY edition of Oblivion didn't include most of the 360 DLC (just the two biggest quests), so I wouldn't count on it.
    Well, to me this sounds like a pretty major expansion- so it would probably be a good candidate. Right?

Wasn't some of the Oblivion DLC superfluous stuff like horse armor anyway?

As long as the GOTY edition contains a fix for the brick wall ending, and a big quest or two I'm sold. I could give 2 fucks about the +10 CHR Sadist Raider Thong Armor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    Reason 101 of why not to buy the PS3 version of anything. It's a nice $600 PS1/PS2 combo though (sigh). At least that's what I tell myself to feel better.
    One bonus with buying the PS3 version is you don't have to worry about your system dying on you every 3 months.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CelticJobber View Post
    One bonus with buying the PS3 version is you don't have to worry about your system dying on you every 3 months.
    QFT. That's the reason I buy a game for the PS3 whenever it's possible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As a 360 owner I say "HA-HA", but really, that's kind of lame. I'm assuming there's a good reason for it but that doesn't help the PS3 owners.

I wouldn't be surprised by a GOTY that included all three expansions though. Who knows, maybe that will be a PS3 short-term exclusive!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carlcarlson View Post
    As a 360 owner I say "HA-HA", but really, that's kind of lame. I'm assuming there's a good reason for it but that doesn't help the PS3 owners.

I wouldn't be surprised by a GOTY that included all three expansions though. Who knows, maybe that will be a PS3 short-term exclusive!
    No real evil motive here, Bethesda doesn't think the DLC will sell enough copies to warrant the cost of porting the content to the PS3.

The last numbers i heard, which are honestly 8-9 months old, only 50% of PS3 are even hooked up to the internet. And strangely, when sony gives the PSN away for free, people expect things like expansion packs and other DLC to be free as well. On the 360, people already pay for the service, so they tend to expect content at a price.