Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Top 50 and Bottom 40 Wii games (including WiiWare)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just added a new game to the list of the top Wii games in the original post:

Rock Band 2

I'll update the list of the worst Wii games and the list of WiiWare games when I get back from vacation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I finally added four new games to the list of the top Wii games in the original post:

Guitar Hero: Metallica
    The House of the Dead: Overkill
    MadWorld
    Pro Evolution Soccer 2009

I also expanded the list to the top 35 games (up until now, it was 30).

I'll update the other two lists soon.
    Last edited by Rob2600; 04-14-2009 at 01:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I updated the lists in the original post. I also split WiiWare games into two lists: top 25 and worst 25.

I added seven games to the list of the top WiiWare games:

Bit.Trip Beat
    Bonsai Barber
    Jungle Speed
    Lit
    Maboshi's Arcade
    Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Episode 5: 8-bit Is Enough
    Tiki Towers

I also added a few games to the list of the worst WiiWare games, including:

Family Glide Hockey
    Hockey Allstar Shootout
    Sandy Beach
    Last edited by Rob2600; 04-18-2009 at 01:07 AM.

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OMG, I would totally differ with most of both of those lists! The only games I have from the top 35 are Okami, Blast Works, Geometry Wars, and Wii Fit, and the only game I have from the bottom 35 is Classic British Motor Racing. But I'd say it belongs in the top 35, and most of the top 35 belong in the bottom 35. Who wants a Wii just for all the Mario & Zelda crap? I can see wanting Metroid, but that's it. The rest is still just tired old Mario & Zelda. I have 24 Wii games now, and I'd say most of them belong in the top 35. Plus most of the games remaining on my wisshlist as well. When I get those, I'll have 40 Wii games, and I think they make a much better top 40, than most of any of the games on either one of those lists! Who's buying all the true CRAP and calling it the best, while calling all the truly great Wii games crap? That's what I wanna know. It can't be just me. Someone else has to agree.

Here's my top 40, in alphabetical order. I'm not gonna try to rank them all by greatness, but I will say they're all far greater than the crap on those 2 lists!

Alien Syndrome
    Battle Rage
    Blast Works
    Castlevania Judgement
    Chrysler Classic Racing
    Classic British Motor Racing
    Counter Force
    Deadly Creatures
    Endless Ocean
    Ferrari Challenge
    Geometry Wars Galaxies
    Godzilla Unleashed
    GT Pro Series
    Indianapolis 500 Legends
    Kororinpa Marble Mania
    Kororinpa Marble Saga
    Link's Crossbow Training
    Mercury Meltdown Revolution
    Mortal Kombat Armageddon
    Monkey King
    Mushroom Men
    NASCAR Kart Racing
    Nights Journey of Dreams
    Ocean Commander
    Okami
    Shaun White Snowboarding
    Sonic and the Black Knight
    Sonic and the Secret Rings
    Sonic Riders Zero Gravity
    Sonic Unleashed
    Soul Calibur Legends
    Speed Racer
    Star Trek Conquest
    Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz
    Twin Strike
    WWII Aces
    Wii Fit
    Wii Music
    Wii Play
    Wii Sports

Perhaps my top 40 is all crap to some, but surely most people here have more games on my list than they do on those other 2 lists! If not, you're missing out on all the REAL gems, and getting blinded by all the real CRAP!

my $.02, YMMV
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Draggon View Post
    OMG, I would totally differ with most of both of those lists! The only games I have from the top 35 are Okami, Blast Works, Geometry Wars, and Wii Fit, and the only game I have from the bottom 35 is Classic British Motor Racing. But I'd say it belongs in the top 35, and most of the top 35 belong in the bottom 35. Who wants a Wii just for all the Mario & Zelda crap? I can see wanting Metroid, but that's it. The rest is still just tired old Mario & Zelda. I have 24 Wii games now, and I'd say most of them belong in the top 35. Plus most of the games remaining on my wisshlist as well. When I get those, I'll have 40 Wii games, and I think they make a much better top 40, than most of any of the games on either one of those lists! Who's buying all the true CRAP and calling it the best, while calling all the truly great Wii games crap? That's what I wanna know. It can't be just me. Someone else has to agree.

Here's my top 40, in alphabetical order. I'm not gonna try to rank them all by greatness, but I will say they're all far greater than the crap on those 2 lists!

Alien Syndrome
    Battle Rage
    Blast Works
    Castlevania Judgement
    Chrysler Classic Racing
    Classic British Motor Racing
    Counter Force
    Deadly Creatures
    Endless Ocean
    Ferrari Challenge
    Geometry Wars Galaxies
    Godzilla Unleashed
    GT Pro Series
    Indianapolis 500 Legends
    Kororinpa Marble Mania
    Kororinpa Marble Saga
    Link's Crossbow Training
    Mortal Kombat Armageddon
    Monkey King
    Mushroom Men
    NASCAR Kart Racing
    Nights Journey of Dreams
    Ocean Commander
    Okami
    Shaun White Snowboarding
    Sonic Riders Zero Gravity
    Sonic Unleashed
    Soul Calibur Legends
    Speed Racer
    Star Trek Conquest
    Twin Strike
    WWII Aces
    Wii Fit
    Wii Music
    Wii Play
    Wii Sports

Perhaps my top 40 is all crap to some, but surely most people here have more games on my list than they do on those other 2 lists! If not, you're missing out on all the REAL gems, and getting blinded by all the real CRAP!

my $.02, YMMV
    I truly hope this is some attempt at irony or humor because well over 2/3 of your list is full of some of the worst games ever released on any system. Counter Force and Battle Rage are literally two of the worst crap mech games ever made. Alien Syndrome was just horrible. Twin Strike and Star Trek Conquest were somehow worse than the PS2 versions of the same games and those were bad to begin with. You buy a Nintendo system to play first party games and occasionally some innovative third party games. If you don't like Nintendo games, you completely wasted your parents' money on this system.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OMG, I would totally differ with most of both of those lists!
    That's cool, but keep in mind, these lists aren't my opinion. They reflect professional review scores.

most of the top 35 belong in the bottom 35. Who wants a Wii just for all the Mario & Zelda crap?
    I understand that people have different tastes, but Super Mario Galaxy and Twilight Princess are polished, well-produced, and pretty darn fun. You're allowed to like and buy whatever games you want though. Thanks for sharing your list of favorites.

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I truly hope this is some attempt at irony or humor because well over 2/3 of your list is full of some of the worst games ever released on any system. Counter Force and Battle Rage are literally two of the worst crap mech games ever made. Alien Syndrome was just horrible. Twin Strike and Star Trek Conquest were somehow worse than the PS2 versions of the same games and those were bad to begin with. You buy a Nintendo system to play first party games and occasionally some innovative third party games. If you don't like Nintendo games, you completely wasted your parents' money on this system.
    Well one man's trash is another man's treasure, and I've never bought any of my Nintendo systems for Mario or Zelda. I could care less about all the kiddie crap like that on their systems, no matter how great it's all supposed to be. I wanted a Wii for all the other stuff it has that none of the other systems do, not just so I can be the bazillionth person to buy Mario this or Zelda that. And I still say everything that I own for it crushes the rest of the crap for it.

What I really don't understand about this system is why so many supposed gamers around here think the only games worth getting for it are Mario this or Zelda that, and everything else is utter crap that should be avoided. Why even bother with the Wii if all you wanna play on it is Mario & Zelda? There's enough Mario & Zelda games for every other Nintendo system ever made that are far better than any of the new ones for the Wii, or at least just as good. So why waste all your money on yet another Nintendo system just for more Mario & Zelda? Why not just keep playing all your old Mario & Zelda games?

I hear so many groans about all the crap games on the Wii, and it's always blamed on the supposed casual gamers, but honestly it seems to me like most of the supposed gamers around here think the crappiest of the crappy for it is the best, and the best of the best for it is the worst. Very few people here seem to get what this system is really all about, and it's not just a new way to play Mario & Zelda, or any of the other games that are far better on other systems. If that's what you want, then by all means get another system and completely ignore the Wii, so the rest of us can enjoy it in peace without having to listen to a bunch of crap about how every game available for it is utter crap that's so much better on some other system.

If you own an XBOX, 360, PS2, PS3, or a Gamecube, you really don't need a Wii to go with them, because they all play the same games exactly the same or even better. So what's the point of it? The Wii is for those who don't own any of the other systems, and have no intentions of buying them, but who'd still like to play all the games available for those systems, or most of them. And that would be me, so that's what I have it for. I can play all the best games the other systems offer on my PC, and play them all better. The only thing I can't play on my PC is Wii games, and so I have a Wii for that stuff. Otherwise, I wouldn't be bothering with a Wii either. I'd stick with my PC. I do love my Wii, but it's definitely not a necessity. It's more of a fun novelty.

Yeah, that's right, it's FUN! A concept that the majority here seems to have forgotten how to have. OMG, this or that is so much better than the Wii, and this or that is so much better on another system. Well great, so what are you doing in all the Wii threads? Trying to convince us all to make a switch?

Honestly, I really don't understand why some people here don't just give up on gaming altogether. Nothing is ever good enough, and something else is always better. Like more of the same. Put a new name on an old game, and suddenly it's transformed into the greatest game ever. SHEESH, get a life!
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's all well and good, and I disagree with a lot of the list myself, but your list is a bit ridiculous. GT Pro Series? Wii Music? You seriously like those games?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShawn
    Please highlight what a douche I am.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Little King's Story

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Castlevania Judgement
    Mortal Kombat Armageddon
    Nights Journey of Dreams
    Sonic Unleashed
    Soul Calibur Legends
    Wii Fit
    Wii Music
    Wii Play
    These games are terrible. MK:Armageddon and Sonic Unleashed are terrible on the other systems they were released on as well.

I don't know about your other games because I haven't played alot of them(either that or I liked them, which is probably one or two,) but I did see alot of racing games.

Since it seems you like racing games and you own a PC which I'd assume you also like. Pick up Test Drive Unlimited. Best racing game available though the best versions are the 360 and PC versions. PS2 and PSP versions are good except that the only races you can race online are point A to point B races(which I wish they'd have atleast let you choose one of the 300+ pre set races like they did on the 360.) You can also create your own races on the 360 and PC by setting up points on the island.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nebagram
    PSN
    Nebagram

Fwiw I've got 24 of the top 37 (albeit not all of them on the Wii... should've really counted more carefully perhaps) and none of the bottom 40. The only 2 wiiware games I own both appear in the top 20, so I'm happy there.

Just call me 'Mr. Sheep'.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nebagram View Post
    Just call me 'Mr. Sheep'.
    Sup, Mr. Sheep?
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    These games are terrible. MK:Armageddon and Sonic Unleashed are terrible on the other systems they were released on as well.
    It's easy to like crappy games when mommy and daddy are paying for them.

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You're more forgiving than I am, even though I do agree with some of your picks.

I liked these from ID's list;

Alien Syndrome
    Blast Works
    Counter Force
    Endless Ocean
    Geometry Wars Galaxies
    Kororinpa Marble Mania
    Kororinpa Marble Saga
    Link's Crossbow Training
    Monkey King
    Nights Journey of Dreams (disappointing in ways, but not a total loss)
    Okami
    Speed Racer
    Wii Fit
    Wii Play
    Wii Sports

I'm interested in these but haven't played them yet;

Battle Rage
    Deadly Creatures
    Ocean Commander

The rest? A big, fat, PASS. Either I've played it and determined it was crap or it was meh to OK and just did not resonate enough with me to spend money on it. Nights for Wii should serve as an example for why you shouldn't give classic characters voice overs...

So, yeah, most of your list I agree with you. It's stuff that gets blasted but, I like it anyway. Then again, I also like the Mario and Zelda 'crap' too...
    Last edited by Icarus Moonsight; 04-24-2009 at 08:28 AM.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I enjoyed both MK:Armageddon and Soul Calibur Legends on Wii. Neither is an A title, but they were far from crap. MK: Armageddon's Konquest mode was well done and worth a play through, and the wii controls for fighting didn't get in the way. In fact, because all characters used the same set of motions, it was a little easier to get into and figure out what to do. Soul Calibur Legends is a solid beat 'em up with good graphics and decent controls. I never quite finished it, and it definitely got repetetive, but it's not a bad game. Either of these games is worth a rental if you think you might like them.

On the other hand, Blast Works is a piece of garbage. I have no ideas how that game got the reviews it got.
    Last edited by BydoEmpire; 04-24-2009 at 11:22 AM.
    If you can't do it with 8 bits, you don't need to do it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just added three new games to the list of the top Wii games in the original post:

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (New Play Control)
    Excitebots: Trick Racing
    Punch-Out!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just added two new games to the list of the top Wii games in the original post:

Boom Blox Bash Party
    Pikmin 2 (New Play Control)

That's five great new Wii games released within this past month.

EDIT: I also just added one new game to the list of the top WiiWare games in the original post:

Swords & Soldiers

And one new game to the list of the worst Wii games:

Ocean Commander

And one new game to the list of the worst WiiWare games:

Family Pirate Party
    Last edited by Rob2600; 05-20-2009 at 10:06 PM.

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thankfully, I swapped my Ocean Commander pre-order for something else before it shipped. After I tried the DS version, I simply had to... Needless to say, it won't be making it into my game library.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

EA Sports Active

I also just added one new game to the list of the top WiiWare games:

Bubble Bobble Plus

And one new game to the list of the worst WiiWare games:

Pirates vs. Ninjas Dodgeball

So far, any WiiWare game with "Pirate" in the title supposedly stinks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can't believe EA Sports Active is actually a highly-rated game. It looks stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShawn
    Please highlight what a douche I am.