Thread: Final Fantasy IV remake for the DS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    joey_80

Default Final Fantasy IV remake for the DS

It's getting remade into 3D with the same engine that they used for III.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/05/09/fi...-3d-treatment/

Click here for a BIG scan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And then a year after the remake comes out for the DS, they'll remake it for the PS3.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How many debotchury of game history is sqaure going to pull out. I am sick and tired of the debotchury remakes.

Unlike Resident Evil on the GCN where they pulled out Two new games exculsive games sqaure has to stop remaking everything and bring something out that is diffrent.

If they went back to creating games for the SF they would all do us a favor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Now a whole new generation can experience the greatness which is..."You spoony bard".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

I don't know about anyone else, but the FF3 DS remake wasn't that great IMO. I thought it would be the 3-D spritual sucessor to FF7, 8, and 9...but it wasn't even close. I usually buy every game related to the FF series, but this doesn't really excite me.

The one handheld re-release I am excited about is Final Fantasy Tactics for the PSP.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nebagram
    PSN
    Nebagram

Woo, we can thusly expect remakes of FFV and (dare I hope for a good one of) FFVI and I don't have to bother getting the GBA versions. Not that I don't already own 3 copies of FF4 anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

One of my favorite games of all time, but... no :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    I don't know about anyone else, but the FF3 DS remake wasn't that great IMO. I thought it would be the 3-D spritual sucessor to FF7, 8, and 9...but it wasn't even close. I usually buy every game related to the FF series, but this doesn't really excite me.

The one handheld re-release I am excited about is Final Fantasy Tactics for the PSP.
    Personally, I loved the FF3 remake. Same great gameplay, with updated graphics, new features, and added a couple of plot elements to actually give the characters some background. I don't see what's not to like, if you enjoyed the original FF3.

But FF3 only has one remake, and it's the only official English release. FF4 has already been redone twice, and now they're going to make a fourth version? The original on SNES, then the PS1 version with cutscenes, then the GBA version with new dungeons, and now a DS version. And that's not counting the Wonderswan version either. I'm not saying they're going to make a bad game for the DS, but they sure are milking this game for ever drop of its worth, that's for sure. Getting a bit ridiculous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nebagram
    PSN
    Nebagram

Quote Originally Posted by Snapple View Post
    ...they sure are milking this game for ever drop of its worth, that's for sure. Getting a bit ridiculous.
    The irony about this statement is the amount of times I hear this about Final Fantasy VII with regard to all the mediocre spin-off games that have sprung out of it. Ironic because that's the one game people would love to see remade for PS3, and it's the one game Square Enix are determined NOT to remake.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, for serious. I would trade all the FF7 spinoffs and movies for a next-gen remake. It would not only be a sure-thing financial success, but it alone could be a system-seller for the PS3 if they do it right. I don't know why Square is so stubborn about not giving people what they want.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, it is ironic. Square has been milking the FF franchise for a while. I consider x-2 to be the begining of that era. FF is such a big franchise whith a huge following though, that they can go and re-release all the old game 2-3 times over(see GBA releases, DS Releases, and PS releases) and they can try and sell fans on side ideas like chocobo racing, and that crappy Vincent spin off. I'm surprised we haven't seen a Blitzball game. I think the reason every one wants a 7 redue is that 7 was the first real cinematic FF and was a good , big change and evoluton over the SNES games. The problem is that the PS version of FF7 has not aged well. Those early 3-d polygons are terrible, the backgrounds are grainy, and the once magical cinematics seem ho-hum now. I bet SE will re-release it at some point, but if they don't spend a bunch of time and money on it, those who are hollering for it will be dissapointed, and SE is not yet committed to spending the money it would take to meet those standards. It's much cheaper to update those earlier games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by Nebagram View Post
    it's [FF7] the one game Square Enix are determined NOT to remake.
    I'm not sure where you got that from. I don't remember S/E ever making a statement about not remaking FF7...let alone a statement that they were determined not to remake it.

Let's not create another one of these internet "truths" that had no basis in fact in the first place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would consider it good news. I don't own it on any other systems and I have enjoyed FF III on the DS (besides the point of constantly getting stuck). I'll be taking the back seat on this title after release to see how it turns out and if it's worth the pick-up. I've been getting disappointed by some recent sloppy releases and low selection at the stores, although still occupied by other DS games at the moment.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by udisi View Post
    Yes, it is ironic. Square has been milking the FF franchise for a while. I consider x-2 to be the begining of that era. FF is such a big franchise whith a huge following though, that they can go and re-release all the old game 2-3 times over(see GBA releases, DS Releases, and PS releases) and they can try and sell fans on side ideas like chocobo racing, and that crappy Vincent spin off. I'm surprised we haven't seen a Blitzball game.
    I think the Vincent spinoff was a good IDEA. It had potential, and a lot of people were excited about it when it was announced and first shown. It was just... you know, made crappily. Square just doesn't usually do great when they experiment outside of RPGs. The Bouncer sucked, too, and going back really far, King's Knight was a freaking awful shmup. That doesn't make them wrong for trying to do something outside standard RPG fare, imo. They just haven't succeeded for the most part.

Final Fantasy Tactics could be considered a spinoff, and it's one of my favorite games of all time. So, I'm not going to say they should stop trying to make departures from what they're best at. They just need to stop making crap when they do try something different.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nebagram
    PSN
    Nebagram

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    I'm not sure where you got that from. I don't remember S/E ever making a statement about not remaking FF7...let alone a statement that they were determined not to remake it.

Let's not create another one of these internet "truths" that had no basis in fact in the first place.
    Yeah... the 'are' in that sentence should really have been a 'seem'. They have gone on record as saying that it isn't on the cards, though- shortly after the PS3 tech demo was released, with no news on any development since then and several thousand remakes/spin-offs having come out in the meantime.

Insert Coin (Level 0) MasterJSP's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mehizzo

What they ought to do is remake DQs 4 5 and 6 and release them here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by MasterJSP View Post
    What they ought to do is remake DQs 4 5 and 6 and release them here.
    Exactly. If SquareEnix is so remake/re-release crazy...why don't they release these in the States for the first time. I've never understood this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

DQ4 did come out in the states. 5 and 6 are the two that didn't make it here.

DQ5 is my favorite of the series. Kinda like pokemon, you can bring just about any monster in the game into your party. People should track down the fan translation if they haven't done so. I wouldn't mind seeing that updated.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know.
    I'm really, really excited over this announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Snapple
    But FF3 only has one remake, and it's the only official English release. FF4 has already been redone twice, and now they're going to make a fourth version?
    Those weren't remakes at all.
    They were ports with upgrades, whether those upgrades were through graphics or added cut-scenes... those versions weren't remakes.

This 3D version, however, is.
    Like with Final Fantasy 3, I expect it to have the same gameplay and feel as the original. It's not a re-imagining. It's a 3D remake.

-GoTaS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A 3D FFVI would be nice but anything else... meh. I never liked FFIV that much. Party members kept on coming and going and you couldn't get any good synergy going between them.

My favorites are I, II, V, and VI. I never could get into the FC version of III. Everyone says it's good but I like V better. I think that since V came out, III will forever be in its shadow, since V is really just a massively improved III. FFI is just classic, and II was a good experiment that ended up spawning the SaGa series, which I also love. VI is the most immersive game in the series IMO. When I saw the armors marching through the snowfield the first time I knew I was hooked.

If I had a Jynx think of the things we can do together. She also kisses alot.
    Not to mention her breast plates is obviously hiding something nice
    The of Jynx as a XXX doll pokemon. -Rugal Sizzler

┏┫∵┣┛My Collection┏┫∵┣┛