Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

The one closest to me closed a few months ago, they had an alright selection of classic games, but generally tend to price everything above ebay.

There are still two left in town, one is fairly close and has average prices and a pretty good selection, the other leaves all of the default prices, so stuff is really cheap. I got a nomad there for $4.99 and if panzer dragoon saga ever gets traded in it will be $7.99. Unfortunately its far away, on the other side of town.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like the store in Canyon Country California. Nice clean store and the staff is rerally nice3. They seem to keep running out of classic stuff maybe because I keep buying it out. Not a bad store, but remember, quite a bit of the stock is determined by people bringing in stuff as it is. With Game Dude being about 30 minutes away, most people go there to sell their stuff.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i love the one in Arlington Texas.

I was there a week ago and got the following games, All Complete and great shape:

SNES
    Zero the Kamikaze Squirrel
    Sonic Blastman II
    Aero the Acrobat 2
    Saturday Night Slam Masters
    Run Saber
    Operation Logic Bomb
    Wildsnake

N64
    Banjo Kazooie
    Star Wars Rogue Squadron

I traded a genesis/sega cd combo and Dark Spire DS and it didn't cost me but $1 and some change.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Bloodreign75

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    There used to be a Play N' Trade in Lake Charles, LA inside Prien Lake Mall. It seems to be closed, although there's a new location in a local town that opened before their closing. And there was another location in Broussard, LA (south of Lafayette) that was a pretty nice little store. From Play N' Trade's web site, that location has closed now. And now a couple of Houston locations are gone. I guess that's the nature of these stores, since they're independently owned. And GameStop stores tend to be everywhere, so it's hard to carve out their own little niche.
    That Play N Trade in Broussard didn't close down permanently, they moved further south to New Iberia. The prices at that particular PnT though is a bit higher than the one in Lafayette, I payed $9.99 for Bayou Billy there and a month later a copy popped up at the Lafayette store for about $4.99. The N.I. store from my visits is really slow, but the store in Lafayette is really bustling with business (perhaps the price differences made a difference). Needless to say the Lafayette store is closer to me, but I help to keep their selection of NES games pretty low.

I've also found a couple pawn shops, and a used computer shop that also sells classic games, I try to hit them up when I can.
    Last edited by Bloodreign; 08-16-2009 at 05:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodreign View Post
    I payed $9.99 for Bayou Billy
    Bayou Billy

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The anniversary bump was unintentional, but cool. Yes, I'm just that good.

We (Fuyukaze, me) only got to shop at that store about a dozen times, but what we got on those trips absolutely slaughters the finds I've made at once-a-week ritual stops close to home (Fuyukaze seems to have more consistent luck than I do in finds). The only shop I've ever been to that beats it is Raven Games that was in the Twin City Metro area in Minnesota in the mid-late 90's. This PnT had imports, some JPN Saturn but most JPN DC. They gave us a one-year 10-10-10 club membership free to share. They haggled if they did not have a sale or a b_g_ sale currently running. If you bought a lot, they cut you a bigger discount. It was awesome, I just wish it wasn't so short lived... That's all. Damn lousy depression.

Thanks to the rest for sharing. I've located another store on the website that we will be checking out. They have some huge shoes to fill.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The only Play N Trade they ever had here closed before I ever got to go check them out
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodreign View Post
    That Play N Trade in Broussard didn't close down permanently, they moved further south to New Iberia. The prices at that particular PnT though is a bit higher than the one in Lafayette, I payed $9.99 for Bayou Billy there and a month later a copy popped up at the Lafayette store for about $4.99. The N.I. store from my visits is really slow, but the store in Lafayette is really bustling with business (perhaps the price differences made a difference). Needless to say the Lafayette store is closer to me, but I help to keep their selection of NES games pretty low.
    I only went to that Broussard location once, on my way down to Morgan City to visit my sister's family. Then, her family packed up and moved up to Monroe, so there's not much chance of visiting those stores again. West Monroe has a Play N' Trade, but for some reason the guy who owns it has a bunch of rare games in a case, but won't sell them. My nephew gets pretty irate about that. The guy wants to show them off, I guess. My nephew wants to buy them. Does he really need five copies of Final Fantasy VII just to show off?

I hope the next time I visit my uncle down in Sulphur, LA I can pop over to the Lafayette store and maybe the New Iberia location. I want to go to Lafayette anyway, just to go to T-Coon's for lunch and maybe a plate of beignets for dessert.
    Last edited by Steve W; 08-16-2009 at 11:49 PM.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Only know two PnTs. The one in Delaware has a modest selection (both retro and current) and their pricing are a bit steep. A 20-30 minute drive from where I live but their around-the-year B2G1 sale and no sales tax makes the trip well worth it. On top of that, they offer free disc cleaning and buffing when you purchase your games. Though their collection hasn't radically changed from the time I started checking shopping about a year back, on account I bought all the best stuff first.

The game selection in West Caldwell is about the same as Delaware, more or less. On occasion, I did find both World Series Baseball for 32x and loose Snowboard Kids 2 roughly 3 buck each. Their retro section does radically change from time-to-time, makes it a good place to return to.
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.
    Check my video reviews on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/optitube
    My Pixel Paradise Blog: http://blockmangamer.blogspot.com/

The Gentleman Thief Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj

Quote Originally Posted by Coldguy View Post
    It appears Play N Trade is heading on over to PA now, with 2 locations to my knowledge (Lancaster and Plymouth Meeting) any other info in PA?
    I hear the one in Plymouth Meeting is shitty in terms of selection and not worth going to.

There is a new Game Trader in the Deptford Mall that has a small but has a good selection of classic games. Very few junky games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I didn't realize the city I live in has Play N Trade. When I walk in there, I picked up some nice game for decent price. I'll say some of their games are cheaper than EB. I hope the store attract more customer. It seems like no one know it exist.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Gameboy415's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gameb0y415
    PSN
    Gameboy415

One popped up in the Chicago Suburbs when I was home back in January so naturally I checked it out.

Their retro selection was mostly a tiny bin full of sports games for various systems but I grabbed a copy of Bible Adventures for NES for $6 just so I didn't have to go home empty-handed. I think the store had only been open for a week at that point, so when I go home for X-mas this year I'll give it another try.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

One popped up here in Anchorage, Alaska, which is pretty unbelievable. All the employees are very friendly and they are very open-minded to letting you play whatever game you want before you buy it. However, as usual, their prices are to be expected on most items. I didn't notice anything in the store that seemed like a screamin' deal.

All the modern games have pretty typical prices. They do have a small collection of classic games, and they will take any system, as far as I can tell, which is refreshing. I picked up a few select games, which I was pleased with: N64 Shadows of the Empire ($2.99), GEN Sonic 3 ($2.99), Cruisin' USA ($4.99), and SNES Plok ($4.99). They also offer a buy 3, get the cheapest fourth game free deal, which is nice. I have also seen plenty of coupons around from them, trying to promote their business.

Overall, I would recommend the store. They are the only one of a few places around that sells older games. Also, we have a limited number of "chain" stores up here, so I am always surprised when a new one pops up. Apparently, an Olive Garden will be opening soon....
    No, I'm Mr. Big Lucky Flavor!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Recently went to a play n trade up by me the other day, and enjoyed the experience. The staff here was very friendly, albeit a bit ignorant, and while their stuff was a bit more expensive than digital press, they did have many more things I actually wanted, and I did get turtles in time for a good price. Think amazon has it for 22 bucks while I got it for 5, so, overally, it was a good experience.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Press_Start View Post
    Only know two PnTs. The one in Delaware has a modest selection (both retro and current) and their pricing are a bit steep. A 20-30 minute drive from where I live but their around-the-year B2G1 sale and no sales tax makes the trip well worth it. On top of that, they offer free disc cleaning and buffing when you purchase your games. Though their collection hasn't radically changed from the time I started checking shopping about a year back, on account I bought all the best stuff first.

The game selection in West Caldwell is about the same as Delaware, more or less. On occasion, I did find both World Series Baseball for 32x and loose Snowboard Kids 2 roughly 3 buck each. Their retro section does radically change from time-to-time, makes it a good place to return to.
    Huh, i should be going to west caldwell soon, since it's near me. Hopefully it's good, how much are their SNES games that are more on the poular side? Super Metroid, DKC's, MMX's, etc.

Arcade Card Compatible Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

There's a PnT out in Kenner, LA that I go to occasionally, really nice staff and the prices for retro games aren't too bad, paid like $8 for Shadow Run on SNES and Genesis games usually don't go over $5. They're selection is really small and doesn't change up too much though. There's also a PnT in Gretna, LA but I haven't been to that one yet.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LightL View Post
    Huh, i should be going to west caldwell soon, since it's near me. Hopefully it's good, how much are their SNES games that are more on the poular side? Super Metroid, DKC's, MMX's, etc.
    It depends. When it comes to the more popular titles, they're pricing stay in step with places like Digital Press but the b2g1 coupon makes it tempting. You can get a hot deal with games leaning on the obscure side. (i.e. SNES Sunsetriders for $3)

Interesting note: A Gamestop opened across the street recently and the owner tells me the employees there frequently come over just to check out the retro section. Maybe they're working for the wrong people?
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.
    Check my video reviews on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/optitube
    My Pixel Paradise Blog: http://blockmangamer.blogspot.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I been to the one in San Mateo, I got 2 Controllers there

But Castlevania STON is like $40 there..How much is it at other stores??

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Their prices seem fair, although I have walked out of there empty handed on more than one occasion, I think I've had some good finds:

Nes
    Hook-3
    Karnov boxed-3
    Castequest boxed-4
    Jurassic Park-5

Genesis
    Pebble Beach Golf Links complete-1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Today I went for the first time to a play N Trade, and the prices were even worse than gamestop.

Armored Core 4 is 9.99 at GS and 19.99 at TnP

Metal gear for nes was somethig like 25

gimme a break.