Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Playstation Vita

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I finally got to play one today at Best Buy. The touch screen is very responsive and the visuals are nice. Uncharted is the only thing I played longer than a minute and it looks gorgeous on that small screen. Sony did a nice job on this handheld. Not $300 nice but still a cool little piece of tech. It's getting pretty good reviews so far and I'm interested in seeing how it performs for it's first two months.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    Not $300 nice but still a cool little piece of tech. .
    Yeah, the Vita is very tempting, but not $300 tempting. If you really look at things honestly, it's a pretty freaking expensive proposition to get a launch Vita. You figure you need about 4 games, the system itself, a memory card, and some kind of case (most likely a hard case if you really want to take care of it).

If they still had that one bundle at Amazon, where you got the 3G Vita and an 8 meg memory card for $300, that's the one that I would get. I wouldn't pay any tax, so that would be nice. I'm not sure if that bundle included any games at all, but I can say that Super Stardust Delta and Wipeout would probably be two of the must have games. Stardust is only $10, so that's a relief, and Amazon had Wipeout for $29.99. Rayman is getting rave reviews, but I wasn't really into the console version (rented it, and it was ok), and the console version is only $19.99. Paying double for the Vita version hurts. I might like Fifa. But $39.99 for a Fifa game that is really based on Fifa 11 and not Fifa 12 ? Not so sure about that.

My biggest problem is that the whole Vita ecosystem is just too damned expensive. Sure, Super Stardust being only $9.99 is nice, but I could easily see spending over $400 total to get everything I would need. That's a bunch of dough for a portable, no matter how next-gen it might be. I'll have to wait for some price drops on the hardware and software before I can even think about it.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WCP View Post
    Yeah, the Vita is very tempting, but not $300 tempting. If you really look at things honestly, it's a pretty freaking expensive proposition to get a launch Vita. You figure you need about 4 games, the system itself, a memory card, and some kind of case (most likely a hard case if you really want to take care of it).

If they still had that one bundle at Amazon, where you got the 3G Vita and an 8 meg memory card for $300, that's the one that I would get. I wouldn't pay any tax, so that would be nice. I'm not sure if that bundle included any games at all, but I can say that Super Stardust Delta and Wipeout would probably be two of the must have games. Stardust is only $10, so that's a relief, and Amazon had Wipeout for $29.99. Rayman is getting rave reviews, but I wasn't really into the console version (rented it, and it was ok), and the console version is only $19.99. Paying double for the Vita version hurts. I might like Fifa. But $39.99 for a Fifa game that is really based on Fifa 11 and not Fifa 12 ? Not so sure about that.

My biggest problem is that the whole Vita ecosystem is just too damned expensive. Sure, Super Stardust being only $9.99 is nice, but I could easily see spending over $400 total to get everything I would need. That's a bunch of dough for a portable, no matter how next-gen it might be. I'll have to wait for some price drops on the hardware and software before I can even think about it.
    I don't know, I got the Wi-Fi for $249 at Amazon, they threw in a 4 gig memory card which is all I need since I'm only buying retail games, and gave me a $20 credit toward the purchase of Vita games and accessories. I ended up buying six launch titles which cost me $130 with their B2G1 and $20 credit which is about $23 each which seemed pretty fair to me considering I got Uncharted, Wipeout and several other great titles. Yes, it's a little expensive, but either retailers or Sony or both are starting to get the message that people like myself who are early adopters but aren't willing to spend whatever it takes can be convinced to leap if you give us enough incentives. $380 for a very sophisticated handheld, memory card and six games worked for me.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WCP View Post
    If they still had that one bundle at Amazon, where you got the 3G Vita and an 8 meg memory card for $300, that's the one that I would get.
    Currently, 3G models are including 8GB memory, PSN game, and a month of 3G. Pretty worthless though as right now 3G is unable to play online. You may as well just have a cell phone with wifi tethering and using your wifi to use your phone data.

My biggest problem is that the whole Vita ecosystem is just too damned expensive. Sure, Super Stardust being only $9.99 is nice, but I could easily see spending over $400 total to get everything I would need.
    Amazon is currently matching the 4GB memory card that Target is offering. Vita with wifi and 4GB for $250, Uncharted $50, Little Deviants for $30, and the free game I received, Modnation Racers. So $330 with three games and a 4GB memory card.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Stopped by Target at lunch to pick up some games and all they had was FIFA and Hot Shots Golf.

I guess the B2G1 was a wild success, so much so that I grabbed a circular and headed over the Best Buy for a price match only to discover that there was no need for that as they actually made B2G1 an in-store offer for all Vita software.

So, yeah, you can walk into a Best Buy and get B2G1 on Vita software, it should just ring like that.

Grabbed Uncharted, Marvel Vs. Capcom and, despite my anger at it not having online multi-player at launch Mod Nation Racers with the longing and hope that the developer adds or sells an online multiplayer at a later date.

I couldn't fight that I just love that damned series too much to pass on it.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    IT4CH1 UCH1HA
    PSN
    kaleidescope

love the vita, picked mine up yesterday, got little diviants with it and an 8gb memory , so far its great , waiting for little big planet now in april

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by sonicteam View Post
    love the vita, picked mine up yesterday, got little diviants with it and an 8gb memory , so far its great , waiting for little big planet now in april
    Bring yours to NAVA!
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    IT4CH1 UCH1HA
    PSN
    kaleidescope

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    Bring yours to NAVA!
    will do , im sure chris k will have his as well

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    So, yeah, you can walk into a Best Buy and get B2G1 on Vita software, it should just ring like that.

Grabbed Uncharted, Marvel Vs. Capcom and, despite my anger at it not having online multi-player at launch Mod Nation Racers with the longing and hope that the developer adds or sells an online multiplayer at a later date.
    Didn't know Best Buy was doing B2G1 too, then again, when has a company ever started a hardware launch w/B2G1 widespread sale on games? Has it happened before?

Anyway, according to my super calculations, Uncharted, MvC3, and Mod Nation Racers with sale is $30 a pop +tax, a price many have cried for and Sony gladly delivered for their early-adoptor fanbase. A price cut would keep the momentum going and depending on what's shown in E3, Vita could really give 3DS a run for its money come Christmas.
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.
    Check my video reviews on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/optitube
    My Pixel Paradise Blog: http://blockmangamer.blogspot.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Eternal Tune
    PSN
    EternalTune

Mine came today from Amazon. About time, Uncharted has been sitting here crying.
    RIP Kamino. 1984-2010. Yes, yes I do like nes...

<+skaar> Maybe you should ask yourself "What is it about me that makes men not want to let me penetrate them?"

Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

I just got mine today and its pretty sweet.

Cons:
    -TOUCH TO ACCESS EVERYTHING UI is annoying for a device touted for its physical controls, probably be downplayed later though
    -Analog Sticks do not retract so you will need a case if your throwing it in a bag
    -Analog Sticks are a bit small surface area wise
    -Rear touch heavy games will cause those with big hands to adopt a new "claw" to avoid unwanted inputs

Pros:
    -Buttons are all really nice and have a satisfying click to them
    -Screen is both huge and gorgeous
    -Analog sticks work well and feel great with rubberish tops
    -Welcome Park actually a fun set of minigames to introduce you to the consoles features

Meh:
    -Near's constantly updating personal GPS coordinates tickles the paranoid side of my brain
    -The browser is functional with what little I played with it, nothing special
    -I wish the game came with an real manual rather then having to use Sony's online manual browser thing.

So does anyone know what the top port is next to the vita gamecard slot?

Is there a way for me to transfer my PSP games that are compatible from my current PSP to the Vita without using another download copy?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Eternal Tune
    PSN
    EternalTune

Quote Originally Posted by substantial_snake View Post
    So does anyone know what the top port is next to the vita gamecard slot?
    I tried to stick the memory card in there originally. Heh, wrong hole.

Cons: Fingerprint magnet. Jesus Christ, the anal bastard in me cries worst then with the ipad.

I only got Uncharted Golden Abyss. I probably would have waited on the system, but alas, I'm a huge Uncharted fan.
    RIP Kamino. 1984-2010. Yes, yes I do like nes...

<+skaar> Maybe you should ask yourself "What is it about me that makes men not want to let me penetrate them?"

Great Puma (Level 12) Gamereviewgod's Avatar
    Toledo, Ohio and likely writing a review.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

Finished Uncharted about an hour ago. I think this sums it up (from my review):

So much of Golden Abyss is, “Hey, look what your system can do with these functions!” rather than, “Stare in awe at what the system can do technologically!”

It's fun, sure, but I was sooo tired of dusting off objects and making charcoal prints. I know it's a launch thing, but I fear devs feeling they have to use everything because it's there. That's what I hated about the DS early on. Everything used the touch screen whether it needed to or not.

That said, loving the hardware otherwise. The screen melts my videophile heart, like how easy it is to update software, and buttons/sticks are great.

I will second that they need to add button functionality to the main menu. The "all touch" is not cool.

Edit: Also, as a reviewer, the screen shot feature is a god send. Press the PS button and hold it while pressing start. Flawless integration.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RPG_Fanatic View Post
    I've had mine for over a month (bought the Japanese WiFi one) and love it. I mostly play Hot shots Golf right now but I also have -

Ridge Racer (JP)
    Hot Shots Golf (JP & US)
    Uncharted (JP)
    Wipeout (US)
    Little Deviants (US)

Other than graphics Are these games any different than the ones that have been out for (in some cases) years now?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Fucking digging it, but man, I can't wait for Sony to ramp up the compatibility.

Out of the ZILLIONS of Minis and downloadable PSP games that I own on the PSN only a few (six or seven) are available at launch. I know that they're going to expand that in the future up to and including PS1 games, but for now I'm going to say I'm impatient.

Also, unlike the PSP which is more seamlessly recognized/integrated into the PS3 in a plug-play kind of way, the Vita seems to need to do all the file management via its on-board content manager app, which is fine, but just a bit annoying when its USB cord is like 3 feet long and I'm sitting 5-6 feet away from my PS3.

Also, a lot of compatible stuff won't let you download it from the "download history" list but you can download it just fine from the Vita's PSN store. Odd.

I spent so much time with the setup, exploring the onboard features/content and downloading the games that I could that I haven't really had a chance to play with the Vita games I bought. I'll do some of that tomorrow. But man, I'll say this the MINI Burnin' Rubber (Bump & Jump) looks and plays great on the OLED screen!

So far, Vita seems awesome. Other than slightly wonky UI and download/copy options, everything was a breeze. Now it's time for bed.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

From what this article states, there are a lot of things that aren't on the Vita store that CAN be played on the Vita. You need to download them to the PS3 under the regular mini's and PSP downloads and then transfer them to the Vita that way as they're not officially supported and under the Vita moniker. Supposedly a lot of the stuff works this way.

http://www.cnet.com.au/psp-games-tha...-339332278.htm
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    From what this article states, there are a lot of things that aren't on the Vita store that CAN be played on the Vita. You need to download them to the PS3 under the regular mini's and PSP downloads and then transfer them to the Vita that way as they're not officially supported and under the Vita moniker. Supposedly a lot of the stuff works this way.

http://www.cnet.com.au/psp-games-tha...-339332278.htm
    Fucking SWEEEEEET brother.

Echochrome and Capcom Classics! Two of the games that I WANTED to transfer but weren't on the list work apparently. Gonna go do that right stat.

Thanks man.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Elysiun
    PSN
    Sabaku_Hoshi
    Steam
    Nionel

I picked up my Vita yesterday after work along with Uncharted, Touch My Katamari, and BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend. I played it for a couple hours last night and again today after work and I have to say that I love the hardware, the screen is gorgeous, the unit feels really comfortable to play, even for extended periods of time, and honestly the games feel more of a console gaming experience than a handheld gaming experience, at least to me. I was a bit reluctant to pick up the Vita, but honestly I'm glad I decided to take the plunge, this is the first game system I've even owned on day one and I have a feeling it's going to be one I'm happy with for some time to come.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by Griking View Post
    Other than graphics Are these games any different than the ones that have been out for (in some cases) years now?
    Yes, they're all new/original games in their respective series, though from what I understand Ridge Racer only contains three classic tracks and allows for the user to purchase additional tracks via DLC. I believe that the US release is getting retooled with more tracks and original content.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll probably pick one up after there's either a price drop and/or a Metal Gear or Gran Turismo game released for it.